Page 216 of 865 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 12974

I envy the amount of free time you must have.
    In this particular case you don't have to envy nothing, Mike: of all the things that are included in that order, there's only one that I haven't read yet (Aurora West), the other titles are just substitutes for previous editions that I had that were "improvable" (for example, I had Ronin in an old DC TPB and wanted to had a most definitive edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Guys, quick question about Cheap-Comics.
    I made a few orders with the them, and the paid delivery has always been well worth it, which is why I'm considering biting the bullet with them on the Colossal Conan. however, I read here and there that on some copies the bidding was horrible and, thus am wondering about their return policy should my copy be affected... As nice and easy as Amazon? I'd guess not, but you never know.
    I've not seen any complaints on Colossal Conan's binding, it is a very well made book similar to the Dark Horse Library editions.

Quote Originally Posted by sebelo2 View Post
    Battling Boy is great if you love the superhero genre and can truly appreciate how many homages did Pope include in his comic. Otherwise, what you'll find is a solid story full of entertainment and spectacularly drawed.

The Rise of Aurora West promises similar things although is in B/W and smaller in size than Battling Boy. But hey, it's drawn by one of the best spanish artists of the last few years, and that has to count, doesn't it?
    Hey, thanks for the response. It does sound right up my alley. It's worth further investigation on my part.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I've not seen any complaints on Colossal Conan's binding, it is a very well made book similar to the Dark Horse Library editions.
    I raise you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a4U0W6wqxQ

and this: http://community.comicbookresources....editions/page9 (you even commented on the page )

As you said though, the book seems really well put together, like all other DH LE's (which I own), but better safe than sorry, especially on 100+ EUR book.

Same thing happened with my copy, the lining detached from the page block. It seems like it would be fixable with some bookbinding glue though, and I don't regret buying.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 11-21-2014 at 05:39 AM.

I have been worried about the same thing happening to my Big Damn Sin City, although I have it on my shelve laying horizontal (takes up one entire slot in my Ikea bookshelf but thats ok!) which I hope stops this from happening long term.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    How is Shadowman? I was buying all the Valiant books and liked everything I read, but stopped before this came out...
    My caveat on Shadowman is that your mileage may vary depending on any prior exposure to the character.
    Conceptually he's a cool character. I read him in his original run in the 90's and found his Acclaim(Valiant 2.0) run tolerable.

In discussions on our Valiant thread over in the Independent section it seems that readers like me, who've known him, feel this incarnation has promise but has flaws in the pacing of the main character. While the foes and support characters seem oddly more interesting.
    Readers w/o any preconceived ideas on Shadowman, coming at him fresh, feel the book was a decently enjoyable read.

I'd also like to say that as a fan of Bloodshot I would disagree with the comment that his title is not enjoyable as a standalone read.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    I have been worried about the same thing happening to my Big Damn Sin City, although I have it on my shelve laying horizontal (takes up one entire slot in my Ikea bookshelf but thats ok!) which I hope stops this from happening long term.
    I keep all my omnibuses and big books horizontal with a maximum three high. I went for it after reading a 'how to care for books' thing from Oxford library after my USM omnibus block bent the top of the spine. They just look safer horizontal and I don't think I'll ever change that. I'm just putting more and more paperbacks in a big box when I need more space

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I'd also like to say that as a fan of Bloodshot I would disagree with the comment that his title is not enjoyable as a standalone read.
    I don't mean to imply that it's not enjoyable only that out of all the Valiant books it is the only one that may benefit from knowledge of what happens in another book. You don't need to read harbinger to enjoy bloodshot but characters and organizations from harbinger show up towards the end. In fact IIRC the last 4 issues of Bloodshot are all part of the Harbinger Wars event.

With books like X-0 and A&A there is absolutely nothing from the other books that show up or are relevant. So while Bloodshot is still enjoyable, if your criteria were getting the most "stand alone" book, I would say Bloodshot fits that definition the least.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

:thumbs up: I follow what you mean better now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I don't mean to imply that it's not enjoyable only that out of all the Valiant books it is the only one that may benefit from knowledge of what happens in another book. You don't need to read harbinger to enjoy bloodshot but characters and organizations from harbinger show up towards the end. In fact IIRC the last 4 issues of Bloodshot are all part of the Harbinger Wars event.

With books like X-0 and A&A there is absolutely nothing from the other books that show up or are relevant. So while Bloodshot is still enjoyable, if your criteria were getting the most "stand alone" book, I would say Bloodshot fits that definition the least.
    Maybe Captain Craig can add to this, but if I remember correctly the Valiant Universe does do a lot of crossover going forward. The Armor Hunter arc is one of them or am I wrong? Though, I'm not sure if it's really a crossover indicative of Harbinger Wars and more a shared experience event that gets the POV treatment for each individual title.

EDIT: Worth mentioning that CGN is having their Black Friday sale from Nov 24th to Dec 1st.
    Last edited by danmar85; 11-21-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So I'm in love with the movie Pacific Rim and wanted to ask if anybody has any experience with the Tales from year Zero hc?
    Is the story (stories) good? How is it art wise? How is the build quality? Are there any other jeagers in it than Gipsy Danger?
    i didnt see if anyone answered you, but ive read it and liked it. it takes place before the movie but makes more sense reading it after watching the movie. it explains some of the backstory a bit more. fyi the cover artist is different than the inside artist so dont go in expecting that style. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    i didnt see if anyone answered you, but ive read it and liked it. it takes place before the movie but makes more sense reading it after watching the movie. it explains some of the backstory a bit more. fyi the cover artist is different than the inside artist so dont go in expecting that style. hope this helps
    Thank you! I expected the artist to be different from the cover artist, checked some pages on the web but tought maybe there were multiple artists on the book (but what I found seemed decent enough).

Amazing Member

Does anyone know if the witchblade compendiums are worth buying? Do the spines fall apart or do they hold on? Also, are they in colour?

Quote Originally Posted by tanim View Post
    Does anyone know if the witchblade compendiums are worth buying? Do the spines fall apart or do they hold on? Also, are they in colour?
    I think only the Spawn compendiums are b&w. I had the first Darkness compendium and it was crap. Just utter crap.
    Also the crossovers werten't included (2 with Witchblade, one with Batman) and I really felt the need for those to get the full story. Couldn't even finish the book because of that (and also the novelty and teenage years nostalgia wore off after Ennis left + I hated the art).
    I think the Witchblade ones don't have the crossovers either.