Page 221 of 865 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 12974
    Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Does anyone know how many of the Zenith HC's there are going to be? Just got phase one and about to order phase two.
    I believe there's going to be four.

Does anyone know how many of the Zenith HC's there are going to be? Just got phase one and about to order phase two.
    I've seen preorders on Amazon for phase three, nothing more.

Well, at least Vol. 4 is planned for July 2015 on amazon. But I don't know this comic enough to guess if there's room for any further volumes...
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Well The Book Depository had 1 copy of the hardcover of Usagi Yojimbo volume 1 up for sale this morning below £50, I leaped on it. As I am beginning to think Amazon won't be able to supply the copy I've got on order.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Well The Book Depository had 1 copy of the hardcover of Usagi Yojimbo volume 1 up for sale this morning below £50, I leaped on it. As I am beginning to think Amazon won't be able to supply the copy I've got on order.
    And even if they would, their shipping "destroyed" my copy with a tear on the top of the spine. Small one, but amazon packaging is just plain crap. Had to order a second copy from another website...it's really a shame what they do to high quality books.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Attachment 13660

Posted sideways for some reason but there it is!
    Thanks! that was very useful!
    Anyway, great shelf! there's quality stuff on it

Spectacular Member

Yes, four books in total for the four phases and no further volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    And even if they would, their shipping "destroyed" my copy with a tear on the top of the spine. Small one, but amazon packaging is just plain crap. Had to order a second copy from another website...it's really a shame what they do to high quality books.
    Same thing happened to me from Amazon. They shipped it to me with no padding whatsoever and every corner of the book was dinged and small scratches and rips. It's not bad enough for me to send it back but it's super annoying nonetheless.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I pre-ordered The Complete Zap Comix a while ago since it's where I found it cheapest, but it's still a hefty price and I think I'm going to cancel.

Furthermore, there are two big factors compounding my dilemma. How's their packaging? Is it as bad as that from Amazon.com? To receive such a stupidly expensive package badly dinged would be nothing short of tragic.

Also, I never paid any taxes buying from Amazon.com, but I seem to remember someone mentioning that wasn't the case for packages from Amazon.ca. Aren't those tax-exempt? Any Euro members here ever ordered from them?
    Bump. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Bump. Anyone?
    For Switzerland, I can say from my experience that I only pay income taxes if the prices exceed ~75 EUR/100 USD for books. This seems to be valid for all different amazon domains I use (.com, .de, .fr, .co.uk). The reason is not the origin of the package probably, but how much "tax value" is in the box (and if the item is properly declared as "book"). Swiss border only seems to react if the tax value exceeds a certain amount, probably it's the same in spain. You could give your customs a phone call in order to find out how they handle these packages and which amounts or items are "tax free".

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

How are the Sandman Omnis? I have the old trades and can't seem to justify the Absolute cost. Are they acceptable substitutes?

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How are the Sandman Omnis? I have the old trades and can't seem to justify the Absolute cost. Are they acceptable substitutes?
    I like mine, but keep in mind that they're thick books. If that doesn't bother you then you should like them just fine.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    I like mine, but keep in mind that they're thick books. If that doesn't bother you then you should like them just fine.
    I don't mind at all. Is the layout larger than the trades? Do they have the original introductions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I don't mind at all. Is the layout larger than the trades? Do they have the original introductions? Thanks!
    yes, they are oversized, just as every DC and Marvel omni. And they look beautiful. The paperstock is good. Volume 1's binding is really well done, vol2 is a bit worse but not horrible.
    There are no extras or introductions, just the covers, the stories and short bios at the end.
    I would say they worth the price (if you don't mind the new colouring. You can easily google examples about that, like this: http://nerdnewsandreviews.com/wp-con...-Recolored.jpg )

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes, they are oversized, just as every DC and Marvel omni. And they look beautiful. The paperstock is good. Volume 1's binding is really well done, vol2 is a bit worse but not horrible.
    There are no extras or introductions, just the covers, the stories and short bios at the end.
    I would say they worth the price (if you don't mind the new colouring. You can easily google examples about that, like this: http://nerdnewsandreviews.com/wp-con...-Recolored.jpg )

The new colouring is waaaay better IMO. Although it does loose it's errie mood.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 11-28-2014 at 11:57 AM.