Page 222 of 865 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    For Switzerland, I can say from my experience that I only pay income taxes if the prices exceed ~75 EUR/100 USD for books. This seems to be valid for all different amazon domains I use (.com, .de, .fr, .co.uk). The reason is not the origin of the package probably, but how much "tax value" is in the box (and if the item is properly declared as "book"). Swiss border only seems to react if the tax value exceeds a certain amount, probably it's the same in spain. You could give your customs a phone call in order to find out how they handle these packages and which amounts or items are "tax free".
    Thanks, Spirou.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that I've received shipments from Amazon.com exceeding that amount - kind of difficult to be positive about it, since it's usually pre-orders and they get broken down into several shipments, but still.

Like I said, there was this comment some time ago about Amazon Canada being different taxwise for us Europeans.

Also, can anyone comment on their packaging practices? Does anybody know if th they're as sloppy as Amazon USA?

I'm on the brink of cancelling, anyway. I hope Fanta does release a more affordable edition later on.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I appreciate the feedback. IST has both for about 170 vs 270 for the Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    The new colouring is waaaay better IMO. Although it does loose it's errie mood.
    Usually I prefer original colourings but in case of Sandman I vote for the new version too. And I think it has plenty of eerie moments too.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Usually I prefer original colourings but in case of Sandman I vote for the new version too. And I think it has plenty of eerie moments too.
    Both the omnibus and the absolutes have the new coloring, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I think so, but I don't have the absolutes. IIRC they made the new colouring for new edition of the tpbs, before the absolutes came out, but I'm not sure about that.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    They both have the new coloring.

Here's my haul for the month of November. I don't even know why I've got SiP, like I need 2000+ more pages to read. Slipcase looks awesome, but two books inside are glued only and I'm little bit worried how they survive my reading in 2027 .

I didn't plan to get Cap Omnibus, but for that price I couldn't resist, I can always sell it. Like new condition, no shrinkwrap thou.

I've found Invincible vol 3 on ebay for 3 quid, nobody was biding, so it's cost me less that 7 quid with pp, very happy here.

Also happy with Black Glove, only 13 pounds.

That Stand book I got for free from Chris. Been thinking a lot about getting those omnibuses based on King books, are they any good?

And clue of my haul - all 3 Promethea omnis! Two still in shrink wrap, first one was bloody expensive, 80 quid, but I still think it's a good price for a book which costs 200 for used copy - somebody in different thread said they got it for 40 $ what the hell, people in Europe are really getting fucked. Case has very visible shelf wear and tear and here's a question for UK/London based members: do you know any shops where those can be repaired somehow? I haven't googled it yet....

Superman for Tomorrow - cos I love Jim Lee.

I'm pretty much bankrupt right now, can't even use that awesome B&N sale, but nothing I can do about it now. I'm still hoping I would be able to get 3 books from them in January. Do you think they will still have those 15% or whatever they are codes?

Last edited by lvizzz; 11-29-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Man, this forum has some major problems: I was trying to add one more pic to my previous post and got alert that there are 4 images added already. Wtf?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Man, this forum has some major problems: I was trying to add one more pic to my previous post and got alert that there are 4 images added already. Wtf?

you're a lucky dude getting your hands on one of those few promethea abs 1 books. i have settled now for having the first two hardcovers instead for appr 25€ total. can't justify spending another 50 or 100 euro plus just to have them lined up in one edition. would be nice, though!

btw i was really disappointed with the black glove hc. i got one for cheap on ebay, but the story was pretty much c-level, so i re-sold it...

I haven't read it yet, reading X-Nation OHC now and when I'm done, it's next on the list.

Forgot to say that Cap is my 10th Omnibus. How many have been published, anybody knows?

EDIT:

Gosh! has published ton of pics from their signing events on FB page, if you're interested.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 11-29-2014 at 07:41 AM.

You used a smiley and that counts as a picture

And great haul! That SiP book looks enormous! I should probably start reading this Cap omni's. I have them lined up for 2 or 3 years now and never even read a single page in them.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 11-29-2014 at 08:00 AM.

The books the postman brought today... Finally have all the Unwritten books now. Probably DC will announce deluxe editions any day now ...just wait and see The Saga hardcover is amazing. Sewn binding, same great quality as the Dark Horse books. Hopefully they will use this binding for all future Saga hardcovers and they won't cheap out like they did after Chew omnivore vol. 1 HC

Last edited by MartinNL; 11-29-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Really?! Wow, that's just sad.

Good haul, Punk Rock Jesus is on my list, can you post some pics how does it look inside?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

And great haul! That SiP book looks enormous! I should probably start reading this Cap omni's. I have them lined up for 2 or 3 years now and never even read a single page in them.
    Thanks, I thought you owe SiP, but it's reallyyyyy hard to follow your big collection.

Really?! Wow, that's just sad.

Good haul, Punk Rock Jesus is on my list, can you post some pics how does it look inside?
    I'll post them in the DC/Vertigo HC thread.