Page 227 of 865 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    just curious what Saga is like... any good? is it darker.. or fairly light with a ton of Sci-fi.? (Saga HC Vol1)
    It's a mature book about 2 soldiers from two armies that hav been fighting for ages having a baby together and struggling to survive. It can get dark at times but it's best described as wondrous and weird. Definitely give it a try
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    picked up Shaolin Cowboy tpb today...been waiting ten years for it to be collected
    What's the quality like? I don't think it's oversized, is it? I have the first four issues of the original Burlyman run and have been waiting for a collection since then as well - although an oversized HC one. That art simply needs a larger format.

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    just curious what Saga is like... any good? is it darker.. or fairly light with a ton of Sci-fi.? (Saga HC Vol1)
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's a mature book about 2 soldiers from two armies that hav been fighting for ages having a baby together and struggling to survive. It can get dark at times but it's best described as wondrous and weird. Definitely give it a try
    What Victor said, but it's a blend of fantasy and sci-fi

Incredible Member

Speaking of Saga, my deluxe hardcover came with warpes pages and I'm wondering if anyone else's book has a case of the bends.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Speaking of Saga, my deluxe hardcover came with warpes pages and I'm wondering if anyone else's book has a case of the bends.
    Mine is, but so is the rest of my order that was dropped of Monday. Not sure if you live in a humid climate, but that's always a huge factor with books. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It should flatten out on it's own.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I'll try for a third time. I get that it seems no one in Europe ever ordered from Amazon Canada so can't really tell me about taxes, but would anyone at least care to comment on their packaging? Surely someone somewhere —Canadians?— must have ordered from them at least once.
    I order from Amazon Canada all the time... the packaging is horrible, my items arrive damaged on the regular basis. Ranges from dented corners, dented spines, dented slip cases, tears. I'm sure I have been sent other peoples returns a couple times as the books arrived completely destroyed (Dust jacket almost torn in half and bent. Spine dented so hard the pages are peeling away on the inside, cracks on inner cover, unsealed). I usually have to settle to keep the ones I feel are the least damaged since even if I opt for a return, the replacement may arrive in worse condition. I live across the city from the warehouse so it's not even a far trip. My orders from Barnes and Nobles (Manhattan) arrive here across the boarder in AMAZING condition in comparison, they are even packed with packaging balloons and every book is sealed in plastic.
    Last edited by stoofz; 12-05-2014 at 08:44 AM.

New stuff this week. mostly European. Love the new Long John Silver box that came out this week. Perfect to put all four separate volumes in. Also got the new Thorgal, well the new installment of the Kriss of Valnor spinoff. Decided to start with the first volume of XIII, to see what all the fuss is about. In the shop they also sold me on My Friend Dahmer, that sounded really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stoofz View Post
    I order from Amazon Canada all the time... the packaging is horrible, my items arrive damaged on the regular basis. Ranges from dented corners, dented spines, dented slip cases, tears. I'm sure I have been sent other peoples returns a couple times as the books arrived completely destroyed (Dust jacket almost torn in half and bent. Spine dented so hard the pages are peeling away on the inside, cracks on inner cover, unsealed). I usually have to settle to keep the ones I feel are the least damaged since even if I opt for a return, the replacement may arrive in worse condition. I live across the city from the warehouse so it's not even a far trip. My orders from Barnes and Nobles (Manhattan) arrive here across the boarder in AMAZING condition in comparison, they are even packed with packaging balloons and every book is sealed in plastic.
    I see. Looks like it's even worse than Amazon.com, and that's saying something.

Glad I canceled my pre-order with them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    New stuff this week. mostly European. Love the new Long John Silver box that came out this week. Perfect to put all four separate volumes in. Also got the new Thorgal, well the new installment of the Kriss of Valnor spinoff. Decided to start with the first volume of XIII, to see what all the fuss is about. In the shop they also sold me on My Friend Dahmer, that sounded really interesting.

You don't know XIII yet? OMG I envy you. That's such a great comic. Enjoy!
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    You don't know XIII yet? OMG I envy you. That's such a great comic. Enjoy!
    Nope never read it. Well I just finished volume 1, and damn that's good!!! Looks like I'll go and shop for that big box set with all Van Hamme/Vance hardcover volumes in it next year or something. First I need to have my Thorgal collection complete. And read.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Nope never read it. Well I just finished volume 1, and damn that's good!!! Looks like I'll go and shop for that big box set with all Van Hamme/Vance hardcover volumes in it next year or something. First I need to have my Thorgal collection complete. And read.

Has it been published in english, do you know? I've heard about it, even played game based on comics but never had a chance to read it.

Yeah, its published by Cinebook here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Has it been published in english, do you know? I've heard about it, even played game based on comics but never had a chance to read it.
    Yeah it's publised by Cinebook, so some things might be censored. But I don;t know how much nudity there is. Softcover only in English. They've translated the whole first cycle that was done by Vance/Van Hamme, and just started with the second cycle and the XIII: Mystery spin-off. I heard the spin-off is just as good as the main series.

http://www.cinebook.co.uk/index.php?cPath=187
    http://www.cinebook.co.uk/index.php?cPath=294

A MAN’S QUEST FOR HIS PAST AND HIS IDENTITY!
    A man washes ashore—barely alive, a bullet hole in his head. On his shoulder, a tattoo of the Roman number XIII. And not a single memory of who he was, or how he got there. No sooner has he been nursed back to his feet by kind rescuers than armed goons track him down and attempt to kill him. Relentlessly pursued by assassins and secret agents, the man known as XIII begins a long quest to explore his past and recover his identity… From a presidential assassination to a coup d’état in South America; from a deadly conspiracy within the corridors of Washington DC to a break-out from a high-security prison for the criminally insane; through an ever increasing list of aliases… XIII will forge on against formidable odds and powerful, merciless opponents, until he knows, at last, who he is.

If it's been censored I'm not getting it, hate censorship. And it's softcover so not really a must have purchase for me anyway. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    If it's been censored I'm not getting it, hate censorship. And it's softcover so not really a must have purchase for me anyway. Damn.
    Sorry.... http://www.komiks.gildia.pl/komiksy/xiii