Page 228 of 865 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 12974

Thanks for that. Been published many years ago, I can see hardcovers, but don't think I would be able to get entire series. Oh well, have to get all Thorgal first, planning to buy few issues soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Love the new Long John Silver box that came out this week. Perfect to put all four separate volumes in.
    very jealous of this!
    formerly 'weeks'

Holy crap! Just read Kieron Gillen's "Three", which I stumbled upon by accident. How awesome is that? Especially in combination with the annotations.

Thanks to members in this thread for posting pics of Meka. Can't wait to read it. Pic of my latest haul from last week from IST.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Thanks to members in this thread for posting pics of Meka. Can't wait to read it. Pic of my latest haul from last week from IST.

So many good creators have worked on those Alien books. Is Alien Legion the place to start? Didn't Wrightson work on an Alien book?

Edit: Looks like I was thinking of Simonson, not Wrightson. Alien is one of those things where I would never think to read the comics, but I keep coming across people who have worked on it and thinking "Goddamn! he worked on that? Maybe I should read it"
    Last edited by johnsme; 12-06-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Holy crap! Just read Kieron Gillen's "Three", which I stumbled upon by accident. How awesome is that? Especially in combination with the annotations.
    I was actually just about to start reading it. Keep hearing good things about it.

All-New Member

Hey guys. I've been learning French for a while now and I was wondering if you could suggest any good, exclusively French comics. I'm hoping to get something in omnibus or complete collection form. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    So many good creators have worked on those Alien books. Is Alien Legion the place to start? Didn't Wrightson work on an Alien book?

Edit: Looks like I was thinking of Simonson, not Wrightson. Alien is one of those things where I would never think to read the comics, but I keep coming across people who have worked on it and thinking "Goddamn! he worked on that? Maybe I should read it"
    Hmm, are you confusing Alien with Alien Legion? They're two completely different properties. I can see how a person can confuse the two. I'm just now starting to collect Alien Legion, but I can give you some basic info. Just want to make sure you're referring to the right series. Let me know, thanks!
    Last edited by danmar85; 12-06-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Fantastic Member

Hmm, are you confusing Alien with Alien Legion? They're two completely different properties. I can see how a person can confuse the two. I'm just now starting to collect Alien Legion, but I can give you some basic info. Just want to make sure you're referring to the right series. Let me know, thanks!
    Yeah I think I was conflating the two (I guess I always thought they were closely related), but both seem to have good creators on them and Legion is lauded by a podcast I listen to a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by asian_psycho View Post
    Hey guys. I've been learning French for a while now and I was wondering if you could suggest any good, exclusively French comics. I'm hoping to get something in omnibus or complete collection form. Thanks.
    Hey. Why don't you visit the eurocomics thread? Also ask there what sort of genre you're looking for, because there's too many excellent books to recommend. http://community.comicbookresources....ed-Euro-Comics!

EDIT
    Listed a top 10 for you in the eurocomics thread. There's bound to be something in there you'll like!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 12-07-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Yeah I think I was conflating the two (I guess I always thought they were closely related), but both seem to have good creators on them and Legion is lauded by a podcast I listen to a lot.
    What originally caught my eye was a solicitation for Alien Legion: Uncivil War, scheduled for 2015. I liked the premise and looked into the backstory of this series.

Here's a little copy/paste from Wikipedia:

"Alien Legion is a science-fiction comic-book series and associated titles created by Carl Potts, Alan Zelenetz, and Frank Cirocco for Marvel Comics's Epic Comics imprint in 1983. It features a military unit, Force Nomad, similar to the French Foreign Legion."

Unfortunately, the series usually didn't last more than 20 or so issues before being cancelled, but it usually managed to resuscitate itself. It encompasses two short runs and a few mini-series. If you're interested in reading it, there are a few Omnibus out atm, with a fourth on the way next year.

Here's the list:

Alien Legion: Omnibus v01 - Contains the first half of the first series. Published by Dark Horse and available as TPB only.
    Alien Legion: Omnibus v02 - Contains the second half of the first series along with "A Grey Day To Die" GN. Published by Dark Horse and available as TPB only.
    Alien Legion: Dead & Buried - Contains the first issues of the second series. Published by Titan Comics and available as TPB only.
    Alien Legion: Vector Red - Should continue with issues from the second series. Scheduled for release early 2015. Published by Titan Comics and available as TPB only.

I'm not sure if the newest Omnibus will collect anything other than the second series. There are still a few mini-series floating around and I'm unsure of the chances of any of them being reprinted.
    Last edited by danmar85; 12-07-2014 at 02:11 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Hey. Why don't you visit the eurocomics thread? Also ask there what sort of genre you're looking for, because there's too many excellent books to recommend. http://community.comicbookresources....ed-Euro-Comics!

EDIT
    Listed a top 10 for you in the eurocomics thread. There's bound to be something in there you'll like!
    Oh. Sorry. Didn't realize there was a thread for that. Thanks.

Fantastic Member

my latest hauls from the past two weeks or so.
    that sixth gun ohc is very very well built and super-os (slightly bigger than an absolute) and all in all a true beauty! really dig it & can't wait to read it.

Ah, and Essex County, what a lovely book.

I'm interested in Saga. Got any interior pics? Is it as interesting as Y?