Page 230 of 865 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 12974
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just refuse to buy the Dark Horse Omnibus books until they are in a larger, preferably OHC, format befitting the more industry standard of what an Omnibus books dimensions should be. There are plenty I'd buy but not in that digest format and softback.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    A few pics of Alien Legion: Omnibus v01. Art is from the early '80s. Probably '84-'85.

Sold! This will be my first experience with those small Dark Horse Omnibus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Sold! This will be my first experience with those small Dark Horse Omnibus as well.
    Just a fair warning. These are TPB Omnibus. You can see my size comparison a few posts up. For reference, the Mind MGMT volume I used as a size indicator is the same dimension as the BPRD Omnibus.

So. Apparently we will not just get any stories in the Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck Artist's Edition but we will get his whole "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck", spread over three AEs:

http://comicsbeat.com/don-rosas-life...tion-from-idw/

Been wanting to read that for a while now. Seems like I'll have to put some money aside.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So. Apparently we will not just get any stories in the Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck Artist's Edition but we will get his whole "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck", spread over three AEs:

http://comicsbeat.com/don-rosas-life...tion-from-idw/

Been wanting to read that for a while now. Seems like I'll have to put some money aside.
    With 6 issues in the first AE and 3 AEs in total, I hope this will cover the stories from the companion too.

Amazing Member

Came back from my first attendance to a comic convention, indeed it was the first Portuguese "COMIC CON" and though it would be interesting to share this:

- Got Saga Volume 1 HC in Portuguese to support the launch (we need good translations to get more people into comics), and got it signed by BKV

- Bought my first 2 prints ever:
    one from Claudio Castellini which was amazing to see doing a live sketch and inking of a wolverine drawing. He had so many good ones but being a Star Wars fan I had to get this one.
    Keeping the theme, Manuel Morgado said he couldn't resist playing with the SW Episode 7 trailer and I liked it so brought a print back with me

- managed to get the Y:The Last Man Deluxes signed by BKV and Pia (both extremely nice). Pia even did a small sketch on each

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Saga looks interesting and I really liked Vaughn's Y: The Last Man, so I'd willingly to buy this great $50 OHC.

I've never read Alien Legion either, but the art looks good! Is that 80s DC? What's the dustjacket and hardcover look like?
    Saw the book in person, and it seems it's got some nice thick paper. I mean that book was THICK for the amount of issues in it..

Jeff Lemire has twitted picture of French OHC Trillium! Looks awesome, I want!

The oversized French HC of Trillium is a thing of beauty. Beautiful printing. Thank you @UrbanComics

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Anyone heard something on the delay for VALIANT's X-O Manowar Omnibus?
    Diamond doesn't have it listed for next week, which is when Amazon does have it listed(12/16) but they also are usually 2 weeks or more behind. So that's why I feel the book is late.

Don't want this book to become the Eternal Warrior Masters scenario all over again.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Books I got in the last few days. Not many English books except for that humongous little Nemo collection which makes all the other books look like digest-sized editions.

Last edited by aaltomuoto; 12-10-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Wow, very nice! I'm jealous!

Amazing Member

Does somebody know if there are two editions of this book - Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds?
    It lists different publishers and different page count. But no idea if it's an error or not.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/1781..._ya_os_product

bonus points for comments if the story is good
    thanks in advance

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    Came back from my first attendance to a comic convention, indeed it was the first Portuguese "COMIC CON" and though it would be interesting to share this:

- Bought my first 2 prints ever:
    one from Claudio Castellini which was amazing to see doing a live sketch and inking of a wolverine drawing. He had so many good ones but being a Star Wars fan I had to get this one.
    Keeping the theme, Manuel Morgado said he couldn't resist playing with the SW Episode 7 trailer and I liked it so brought a print back with me

- managed to get the Y:The Last Man Deluxes signed by BKV and Pia (both extremely nice). Pia even did a small sketch on each
    Great prints and I love those Pia sketches.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    Does somebody know if there are two editions of this book - Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds?
    It lists different publishers and different page count. But no idea if it's an error or not.

bonus points for comments if the story is good
    thanks in advance
    From what I'v heard, there's only one. This one http://shop.2000adonline.com/product...heel_of_worlds

A very cool book. Hope 2000AD's Stickleback sees a similar HC treatment. Mother London, England's glory and Longon's burning would make for a great book 1. Number of the Beast, Thru'penny opera and the sixth (that I presume will be the final one) for a book 2.

And for more 2000AD HC love. THIS! Luckily I'm not living in England, or I'd gotten all 80 of them... http://www.judgedreddcollection.com/ But I'll definitely try to get Cursed Earth, Day the law died, Dark Judges, Judge Child, Bloc Mania, Apocalypse War, Chopper, PJ Maybe, Necropolis, Democracy, America, Origins, Tour of duty, Day of Chaos and Dark Justice (if collected.). And while at it, perhaps also OZ, some Anderson stories, Total war, Brothers of the blood ...

Hope they'll be hard to get by, or I'll get skint...

Fantastic Member

any books raised their prices quite a bit for most of their offerings on amazon.de. anyone else took notice of that?
    Last edited by krylox; 12-11-2014 at 04:17 AM.