Page 234 of 865 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Outside of Showa, I've only read his "Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths" (which deals with a similar subject matter), so I cannot comment on the appeal to a fan of Mizuki's work in general.

As to recommending it to a person interested in history and Japan? Hell yes! That's why I bought it to begin with and that's why I'll keep buying it (well, there's actually only one more volume to go anyway). Being a history teacher, I naturally love GNs that deal with history and so far Showa has provided a lot of insight into Japanese history for me, e.g. the rather unknown (here in the "West" at least) story about how Japan turned into this imperialistic Empire that kept large parts of Asia and the Pacific region under its heel for about a decade. There's also annotations at the back of each volume explaining who the people, organisations etc. involved are. Plus Mizuki himself lived through that period (and fought in WW II), which adds to the feeling of realism and reading it from a person who knows what he's talking about.
    i hoped you'd say that, thanks! i can hardly consider myself a fan of Mizuki's, since i only read "Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths" just like you.

Incredible Member

My LCS which always has discounts on every old/new TPB so I had some extra cash laying around and got for 40% off:

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol. 1-2 (Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne)
    X-Men Omnibus vol. 2 (Claremont/Lee/Portacio)

such a sweet deal I saved a total of $141.69

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Great choice. Tell us what you think when you read it.

EDIT.

Metabarons will get a reprint.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metabarons-H...rds=metabarons
    Thanks a lot, I just used the coupon and preordered it on Amazon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Yeah im taking another chance on pre-ordering a Humanoids book on amazon too. It already is $8 cheaper than the DCBS pre-order price even without the coupon. Here's hoping I actually get the book, unlike what happened with my Before the Incal pre-order.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I also saw these
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/159465...16Y9DZDGNBTDJ8 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/159465...VD6XMMMNDG364T
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I think this is a good sign. If Humanoids has to keep reprinting these, it seems as if a real market for BD has developed in the US/the UK (not to speak of other publishers like NBM, Titan etc.). And I hope that this time it won't be just a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I think this is a good sign. If Humanoids has to keep reprinting these, it seems as if a real market for BD has developed in the US/the UK (not to speak of other publishers like NBM, Titan etc.). And I hope that this time it won't be just a temporary thing.
    Beauty (NBM) has also already sold out, and will get a reprint.

Let me mtry this again. Anyone know the status of vol. 2 of Peter Panzerfaust. It was supposed to be out a few weeks ago acording to CGN, then it get getting pushed out.

Are there any good collections with Mike Grell art aside from his Green arrow and Warlord? I love his art but I never really ran across it that much
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Are there any good collections with Mike Grell art aside from his Green arrow and Warlord? I love his art but I never really ran across it that much
    Jon Sable Omnibus collections and the other trades.
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 12-14-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    BB

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Let me mtry this again. Anyone know the status of vol. 2 of Peter Panzerfaust. It was supposed to be out a few weeks ago acording to CGN, then it get getting pushed out.
    i pre-ordered it on Amazon in August i think and it's been saying December 16 for a while now, but i have my doubts...

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Yeah im taking another chance on pre-ordering a Humanoids book on amazon too. It already is $8 cheaper than the DCBS pre-order price even without the coupon. Here's hoping I actually get the book, unlike what happened with my Before the Incal pre-order.
    What happened to your previous Humanoids preorder?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Jon Sable Omnibus collections and the other trades.
    Thanks! I heard of it before but I thought it was only written by Grell. Is it generally well received?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Thanks! I heard of it before but I thought it was only written by Grell. Is it generally well received?
    No, Grell both wrote and drew it and like rest of the First Comics lines up, it was very well received.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i pre-ordered it on Amazon in August i think and it's been saying December 16 for a while now, but i have my doubts...
    Diamond still has it for 3 December, but on comixology it's TBD, and like zaboraviti said it'd been saying next week for a while. Fingers crossed, though I too doubt whether it will come out next week. Anxiously waiting for it though.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=AUG140595