Page 235 of 865 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 12974

Diamond lists Image's Peter Panzerfaust Vol. 2 Deluxe HC as canceled, which is a bummer as vol. 1. was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Diamond lists Image's Peter Panzerfaust Vol. 2 Deluxe HC as canceled, which is a bummer as vol. 1. was very good.
    Really? Wow, I believe volume 1 even got a reprint, so it'd be quite a puzzling and poor decision to cancel volume 2. Do you by any chance have a link to the message where it says it's cancelled? I'd like to see for myself. Thx.

EDIT:
    Did a little further digging, but the series is cancelled with issue #25, so to cancel the deluxe edition makes sense then too. Hopefully it will be resolicited with all 15 remaining issues in it.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 12-14-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone,

I'd love some advices/opinions on The Incal (+ before and after), as I'm considering bitting the bullet for the whole thing, and I know lots of members love it.

I've been reading a few reviews here and there, and the complexity of the story is mentioned quite often - not so much complexity per se but apparently it doesn't always make sense. Reading those opinions I couldn't help but thinking about The Invisibles (even though the stories are not similar whatsoever). I did like The Invisibles but was overwhelmed by some story lines and plot developments.
    For those of you who have read both, what's your take on it, am I completely off?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Diamond still has it for 3 December, but on comixology it's TBD, and like zaboraviti said it'd been saying next week for a while. Fingers crossed, though I too doubt whether it will come out next week. Anxiously waiting for it though.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=AUG140595
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Really? Wow, I believe volume 1 even got a reprint, so it'd be quite a puzzling and poor decision to cancel volume 2. Do you by any chance have a link to the message where it says it's cancelled? I'd like to see for myself. Thx.

EDIT:
    Did a little further digging, but the series is cancelled with issue #25, so to cancel the deluxe edition makes sense then too. Hopefully it will be resolicited with all 15 remaining issues in it.
    CGN has it down as cancelled
    http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/pe...vol-02-hc.html

This is all very similar to vol. 2 of Fear Agent. it would get bumped up a week at a time and then eventually got cancelled. A month or two later resolicited.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    No, Grell both wrote and drew it and like rest of the First Comics lines up, it was very well received.
    I just read the first 2 issues on Comixology and really liked them (though I didn't understand a few things, so I definitely have tp re-read it). The art is amazing! That's why I don't like the reduced size of the omni's and the other tpb line doesn't go all the way to the end so I might order the issues from Mycomicshop.com and bind them. Mike Grell is definitely underrated
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

EDIT:
    Where did you read that? I remember Wiebe saying he had #25 issues planned a couple of years ago, but I'm sure I remember reading since then that sales were good enough to continue it further.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'd love some advices/opinions on The Incal (+ before and after), as I'm considering bitting the bullet for the whole thing, and I know lots of members love it.

I've been reading a few reviews here and there, and the complexity of the story is mentioned quite often - not so much complexity per se but apparently it doesn't always make sense. Reading those opinions I couldn't help but thinking about The Invisibles (even though the stories are not similar whatsoever). I did like The Invisibles but was overwhelmed by some story lines and plot developments.
    For those of you who have read both, what's your take on it, am I completely off?

Thanks!
    The Incal definitely doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it seems like Jodorowsky was too busy throwing as many ideas on the page as he could that he forgot to make the story coherent. That being said, Before the Incal and Final Incal feature much more straight-forward stories; I honestly like both of them a lot more than the original. If you're interested in the series I'd say go for it; the first may be a bit of slog for you (or it may not) but the other two more than make up for it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    What happened to your previous Humanoids preorder?
    Amazon kept stringing me along far beyond the release date. They kept saying they were waiting on more stock. It seemed like they either took more pre-orders than they could fill, or they didn't comprehend that this was just a re-release of a new printing of a book. They canceled the order after a while and gave me a coupon for $5 off.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    (was going to post it just on Independents/Valiant post but perhaps more are interested)

Finally Valiant Deluxe Volume 2 starts to appear:

X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition Book 2 HC
    Collecting X-O Manowar #15-22 and UNITY #1-4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

now just waiting for the rest of them
    This is great news!

Now if we could just get confirmation on what the holdup is with the OG X-O Manowar Omnibus that was slated to come out already but delayed it seems.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I can't seem to find it anywhere by search, but can someone post pics of the Casanova Complete Edition Volume 1? I thought I saw it in one of the hauls but I can't seem to find it anymore..4 issues in a deluxe format doesn't excite me.. But I've heard good things, but I don't want to be wasting my money. Is each issue longer then normal? If so, I guess that's okay, but it's hard to justify spending money on only 4 issues.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I can't seem to find it anywhere by search, but can someone post pics of the Casanova Complete Edition Volume 1? I thought I saw it in one of the hauls but I can't seem to find it anymore..4 issues in a deluxe format doesn't excite me.. But I've heard good things, but I don't want to be wasting my money. Is each issue longer then normal? If so, I guess that's okay, but it's hard to justify spending money on only 4 issues.
    I have it and can post pics in the morning when I get off work if you want. Dont remember how long the issues are, but I know it does include a whole bunch of extra stuff. All the back matter and letters pages from all the releases are included.

I was wondering about picking up the Fifth Beatle but don't know anything about the book. Has anyone read it and would you recommend it? I also saw there are like 3 versions available, all HC but don't know which one to get. I saw the pics from the link on page 1 but don't know exactly which version it is. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by stilgar20; 12-14-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    I was wondering about picking up the Fifth Beatle but don't know anything about the book. Has anyone read it and would you recommend it? I also saw there are like 3 versions available, all HC but don't know which one to get. I saw the pics from the link on page 1 but don't know exactly which version it is. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    It's the limited slipcase edition. Check out the Dark Horse website for a description of all three books. http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Fifth%20Beatle

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    The Incal definitely doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it seems like Jodorowsky was too busy throwing as many ideas on the page as he could that he forgot to make the story coherent. That being said, Before the Incal and Final Incal feature much more straight-forward stories; I honestly like both of them a lot more than the original. If you're interested in the series I'd say go for it; the first may be a bit of slog for you (or it may not) but the other two more than make up for it.
    Thanks for the reply! That's what I read indeed...

I'm really on the fence on this one. Saw this at the local Fnac (Europeans will know) which is slipcase containing the whole series in HC in 'euro-comics size', in its original French; it looks amazing. It's way cheaper on Amazon.de then anywhere else, the cover price being 190. Considering I've been seriously collecting for a year now, I'm not sure spending 130 on one collection is the wisest thing to do here.

New comics this week

Can you post more pictures of Pride of Baghdad? Is it rich on extras or is it just oversized version of regular edition?