Page 24 of 865 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast

martin, thanks for all those posts and links! that would have driven me crazy...

was finally able to get my hands on the uncle scrooge: only a poor man HC. i let the first printing slip through my fingers so i was patiently awaiting a reprint. i love these carl barks collections. when i finish this, i will be ordering donald duck: trail of the unicorn.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Hmmm. I'm a bit skeptical of that listing. Amazon lists it as releasing Oct 2014 and even BD says its publication date is Oct 2014.
    It got my copy from amazon UK last year, they only just got the rights to also sell the book in the US. The wordery publication date is the correct one.

eh, 2x work again, i give up
    Last edited by maeda; 05-06-2014 at 12:52 PM.

I was planning on getting Power Definitive 1 and BPRD Plague of Frogs 2 from CGN, because they were OOS at IST and TOW, but now I see CGN is out of stock as well. Amazon has it for about $5 more, but I'm reluctant to order from Amazon for fear of damage. Maybe one of the other sellers on the site? Funny thing is, CGN is listed as a seller there, but OOS on their own site... Any advice? Maybe another site that has it at a good price that packages well?

User submitted images&videos from the new thread

reserved for updates, i hope i can edit this indefinitely?

Colossal Conan Link1 Link2

Mesmo Delivery Link1

Mouse Guard Link1
    Last edited by maeda; 05-05-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I was planning on getting Power Definitive 1 and BPRD Plague of Frogs 2 from CGN, because they were OOS at IST and TOW, but now I see CGN is out of stock as well. Amazon has it for about $5 more, but I'm reluctant to order from Amazon for fear of damage. Maybe one of the other sellers on the site? Funny thing is, CGN is listed as a seller there, but OOS on their own site... Any advice? Maybe another site that has it at a good price that packages well?
    I only order from amazon now, its basically the only option due to price/shipping value and I haven't had a damaged book this year. Yes there is a greater chance due to their packaging being not as bombproof as CGN/IST but I wouldn't be afraid. If it is damaged they replace stuff pretty easily too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Also, I saw this memntioned, but don't remember a link, so...

http://www.amazon.com/League-Extraor...lf+productions
    according to bookdepository it won't be oversized. Shame.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Funny how that Peter Pan book always makes people want to have a copy. And rightly so. It's one of my favourite comics. No need to wait till October, it's in stock at http://www.bookdepository.com/Peter-.../9781908030078 and https://wordery.com/peter-pan-regis-...-9781908030078
    Wow, that 28 EUR on BD really makes me want to bite the bullet on this one! Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Wow, that 28 EUR on BD really makes me want to bite the bullet on this one! Thanks for the heads up
    Yeah I know... if you have to buy the Dutch volumes seperately it'll cost you over 100 euro. The English version is better bound also, but slightly smaller pages, but not significantly.

Amazing Member

10313520_10203748462132806_7414641646745689094_n.jpg
    Volume 6 is in my possession now !
    It's quite annoying that fantagraphics is releasing hardcover bundles of the donald duck series without any logic (the christmas themed box etc.) instead of making boxes based on order of release (like with mickey).
    Looking forward to adding one more barks volume, 2 mickey's and then the don rosa box later this year!

BANNED

Question about LOEG Vol.3: Is this an OGN? Or does it collect previously released comics? What about Nemo comics?

EDIT: Ah i figured it out, it took me a few years but i realized the HC collects 1910, 2009 and 1962. I guess Nemo OHC/Collection will come out soon too?!
    Last edited by Drz; 05-06-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Question about LOEG Vol.3: Is this an OGN? Or does it collect previously released comics? What about Nemo comics?
    If you're talking about the HC, Volume 3 is, I believe, the three Century (1910, 1969, 2009) OGNs collected in one HC. The Nemos are also OGNs, which will likely be collected similarly when they're all released.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    If you're talking about the HC, Volume 3 is, I believe, the three Century (1910, 1969, 2009) OGNs collected in one HC. The Nemos are also OGNs, which will likely be collected similarly when they're all released.
    Yeah it took me a moment but i re-read the product description and saw the single tpbs on sale.

So thanks for embarassing me!

All-New Member

Curious what people thought of Fatale by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips.. That new volume 1 deluxe was recently released... How is the story? Is the deluxe any good?

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    Curious what people thought of Fatale by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips.. That new volume 1 deluxe was recently released... How is the story? Is the deluxe any good?
    I really liked the first TPB of Fatale, the second one a little less so (it's the first two trades, right?). It's not the sort of story that I'm ordinarily interested in, but it was really well done.

I can't say anything about the deluxe edition, I was reading the normal collected volumes.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)