Page 246 of 865 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346746 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    My haul from the last
    Attachment 15488
    Finished the All Star mini from JSA and quite liked it.
    is this the one be robinson? i'm just reading his starman and am very impressed. is it comparable to starman, at all? guess it's more conventional than that...
    (looks like an cheap-comics.com order btw )

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    is this the one be robinson? i'm just reading his starman and am very impressed. is it comparable to starman, at all? guess it's more conventional than that...
    (looks like an cheap-comics.com order btw )
    The All Star mini is by a whole amount of writers but Robinson is the most important one. I haven't read Starman so I can't tell, sorry. It's very good though and it's a great prologue for Johns' JSA. It's included in the JSA Omnibus. It is partially from Cheap-comics.com. Daredevil, Infinity Gauntlet and Fantastic Four are from B&N and JSA is from Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay). The rest is indeed from Cheap-comics.com
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

do any of you guys own this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4oPSRvqTUc

the design is freakin' fantastic, but normally i don't care too much about archival editions, especially of golden and silver age comics... hmmmm...

yup, I have it. Shame to say that I haven't read it yet (seems to be a trend around here)

the design is freakin' fantastic, but normally i don't care too much about archival editions, especially of golden and silver age comics... hmmmm...

ther's also a second edition announced: http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=62

I own the first slipcase and have the second one on pre-order. A very nice collection!

ther's also a second edition announced: http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=62

I also own the first and other than being a bit small and in B&W, it's very nice. Personally I find the stories to be a bit dated, but I kept hearing about how great EC comics were and that was the most affordable set of hardbacks available
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-08-2015 at 06:28 AM.

Is there a thread here on how one cares for their collections? Meaning: How often do you dust/clean your books? What do you use to dust/clean them? Does it matter?

Also: How many of you wrap the dustjackets of your books?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Is there a thread here on how one cares for their collections? Meaning: How often do you dust/clean your books? What do you use to dust/clean them? Does it matter?

Just google how to store and care for books. There's tons of articles on the subject.

I intend on buying brodart wrappers for my dust jackets once I find a size that will fit absolutes and a place to buy them cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Just google how to store and care for books. There's tons of articles on the subject.

I intend on buying brodart wrappers for my dust jackets once I find a size that will fit absolutes and a place to buy them cheaply.
    Oh, I'm not in a huge hurry on needing to know. My books are not exposed to light, and I use a swiffer to dust, but I was just curious as to what people here do to take care of their collections, so I can read specific experiences. I hate googling stuff like that because opinions vary so much, and they can be so general or even so extreme and unnecessary.

I will find out what my husband uses to wrap my dust jackets, and where he gets it. It's not cheap (as in quality) materials, but I'm not sure how expensive it is or in what quantities he buys it in. But he buys it in different sizes.

great selection of books, the perfect diversity! why is it that this board is dominated by dutch people with great taste..?!

Thanks, that's how we roll over here I guess
    I'm reading Saga at the moment, pretty great so far.

I don’t know about a specific thread, but I'd advise you to wash and shampoo them at least once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I don’t know about a specific thread, but I'd advise you to wash and shampoo them at least once a month.
    Yes. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for when I asked that question.

You are something else. :P

007 girl.

Yes. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for when I asked that question.

You are something else. :P

I sometimes use a microfibre cleaning cloth to gently wipe away any dust, same type I use on my stamp album. It would be nice if all HCs came in slipcases.

Another way to keep it clean...if anyone tries to reach for it with Doritos-stained finger, do what I do, have a cricket bat nearby (or in your case, a baseball bat) and practice your swinging.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

007 girl.

By the way, has anyone's new Omnibus with 1000 or so pages ever (technically) cost just $12?

Lurking in the murky waters of speculating and wheeling and dealing can have its advantages...here's mine.

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    By the way, has anyone's new Omnibus with 1000 or so pages ever (technically) cost just $12?

Lurking in the murky waters of speculating and wheeling and dealing can have its advantages...here's mine.

Can you define "technically"? Is there a big gunshot in the back?
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Can you define "technically"? Is there a big gunshot in the back?
    "Technically" meaning it only cost $12 from my own handbag for a perfectly new Omnibus.

Here's how it went down. When Amazing Spider-Man #700 was released, Midtown comics had an exclusive variant. It was one per customer but I managed to get just over 20 copies at store price.

The comic's value went up rapidly over the next week and was selling for $100 on Ebay.

I came across someone who wanted one and instead of taking $100 cash, I traded it for the Spidey omnibus, which he got for about $80.