Page 247 of 865 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    I sometimes use a microfibre cleaning cloth to gently wipe away any dust, same type I use on my stamp album. It would be nice if all HCs came in slipcases.

Another way to keep it clean...if anyone tries to reach for it with Doritos-stained finger, do what I do, have a cricket bat nearby (or in your case, a baseball bat) and practice your swinging.
    Thank you.

This is more the kind of answer I was looking for.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Anyone who ordered the X-O Manowar omnibus should be warned...check out pics of it and try to cancel your order if you aren't satisfied with what Valiant has done

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Anyone who ordered the X-O Manowar omnibus should be warned...check out pics of it and try to cancel your order if you aren't satisfied with what Valiant has done
    Just googled it quickly, to check what's the problem. Wow...that's...I donno what that is. Disgusting?
    Here is a quote from their forum (as I couldn't find any pictures)
    They advertise the omnibus as oversized, but when you open it up, the comics are reprinted REGULAR sized, with huge black borders all the way around them! I would laugh if I wasn't crying.

Pics? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just googled it quickly, to check what's the problem. Wow...that's...I donno what that is. Disgusting?
    Here is a quote from their forum (as I couldn't find any pictures)
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Pics? Link?
    Here you go: http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...3#.VK8pWnuSDfY

EDIT: I already closed my tabs, but the quote Balakin posted I believe is from the ValiantFans forums. That thread has a link to a MMW thread with the pics posted by a member.
    Last edited by danmar85; 01-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.

The Library Editions of Mass Effect and Dragon Age do the same thing. But they use that space to occasionally add in commentary, and the covers are printed full page. But then again, they aren't as big of books or cost as much.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Here you go: http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...3#.VK8pWnuSDfY

EDIT: I already closed my tabs, but the quote Balakin posted I believe is from the ValiantFans forums. That thread has a link to a MMW thread with the pics posted by a member.
    Aw man.. I wanted this book too.. Is the Quantum and Woody Omnibus like this too??

All-New Member

Damn!!! Instocktrades does not let one cancel orders. I will just have to read X-0 knowing that it really is not oversize I will enjoy the read, but I will not be 100 percent happy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Aw man.. I wanted this book too.. Is the Quantum and Woody Omnibus like this too??
    Same question I had.
    I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up on CGN during their holiday discount. I think it was around $45 before selling out. Now the copy that have is up to $70.
    I'm still looking, holding out hope I can get a deal on it, but if it's like the other book, then never mind.

I remember seeing some pics of it posted when it came out and it didn't look like it. Or at least no one really said anything about it not actually being oversized. Bit it could have just been using white borders to make it less obvious. The black border looks really bad though, I wonder why they went that route as opposed to white?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I remember seeing some pics of it posted when it came out and it didn't look like it. Or at least no one really said anything about it not actually being oversized. Bit it could have just been using white borders to make it less obvious. The black border looks really bad though, I wonder why they went that route as opposed to white?

This is what I found on the ValiantFans forum. Based on those pics it's safe to say the art is oversized. I also found these pics posted earlier in this thread. Unfortunately you can't really get much from them in regard to the art.

Incredible Member

This is what I found on the ValiantFans forum. Based on those pics it's safe to say the art is oversized. I also found these pics posted earlier in this thread. Unfortunately you can't really get much from them in regard to the art.
    Phew.. That first one has the oversized aet it looks like.. And as much as I want the X-O Manowar Classic Omnibus, I don't Know if I want it when it's not even oversized..

Thanks for posting this

BANNED

Agreed thanks for the pictures.

I much prefer the white background from Q&Ws omnibus than the picture posted from X-Os omnibus with the solid black border. Odd presentation choice IMO but the story is still a worthwhile read.

New books I got today, which means my Thorgal collection is now complete :-)