Page 249 of 865 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349749 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    [video=youtube_share;jNas99oEXBU]http://youtu.be/jNas99oEXBU[video]

Just watched documentary about Moebius and that made me wonder will we even get all his work printed in english, some big collection from Humanoids, you know.

BTW, do you know about more movies like that? As a kind I'd watched that TV series about comics, not sure what english title would be, 'Comics 9th art unchained' maybe? It was great, story about comics, decade after decade but it was showing a lot about European market, Metal Hurland, Heavy Metal, Belgium market, adn at that moment I was reading only DC and Marvel and some comics published in Poland. Somebody else knows what I'm talking about?
    Yeah that's a great movie.

This one is about graphic novels, more specific journalistic ones. The interviews are in the language of the artists, so in English (Joe Sacco, Ted Rall, Joe Kubert, Steve Mumford), French (Patrick Chappatte, Marjane Satrapi, Emmanuel Guibert, Zeina Abirached) and Japanese (Keiji Nakazawa). Dutch subs and Dutch voiceover, but interesting to watch nonetheless.

http://www.npo.nl/avro-close-up-stri...1/AVRO_1453993

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    mind if i ask, where did you get the naja for 8 euro from? (am also from germany)
    thanks!
    Found it in Amazon Warehouse deals. It has a couple of dings, but considering their packaging nothing really that one wouldn't also expect with a new copy that was shipped by Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah that's a great movie.

This one is about graphic novels, more specific journalistic ones. The interviews are in the language of the artists, so in English (Joe Sacco, Ted Rall, Joe Kubert, Steve Mumford), French (Patrick Chappatte, Marjane Satrapi, Emmanuel Guibert, Zeina Abirached) and Japanese (Keiji Nakazawa). Dutch subs and Dutch voiceover, but interesting to watch nonetheless.

http://www.npo.nl/avro-close-up-stri...1/AVRO_1453993
    It's region locked, shame.

Martin do you know that Tv series I've mentioned?

It's region locked, shame.

Martin do you know that Tv series I've mentioned?
    Really... I hate it when it's region locked.

No idea of the tv shows you mean sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Really... I hate it when it's region locked.

No idea of the tv shows you mean sorry...
    Really, from all people here?

It was on of a kind, opened my eyes how big and rich industry is and DC and Marvel don't mean that much as I though. I think it was produced in Spain. And believe it or not it was shown in prime time, 6 PM on public channel, those were times.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 01-12-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Just watched documentary about Moebius and that made me wonder will we even get all his work printed in english, some big collection from Humanoids, you know.

BTW, do you know about more movies like that? As a kid I'd watched TV series about comics, not sure what english title would be, 'Comics 9th art unchained' maybe? It was great, story about comics, decade after decade but it was showing a lot about European market, Metal Hurland, Heavy Metal, Belgium market, and at that moment I was reading only DC and Marvel and some comics published in Poland. Somebody else knows what I'm talking about?
    Try checking out "In search of Steve Ditko", it's a really great documentary. Also, downloading the Hola extension on your browser will help you get around region locked videos.

I recently saw a couple on Frank Quietly and Art Spielgelman on the BBC.

Theres those guys that did the Image Revolution doc. I know theyve done others on the likes of Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis.

BTW, do you know about more movies like that? As a kid I'd watched TV series about comics, not sure what english title would be, 'Comics 9th art unchained' maybe? It was great, story about comics, decade after decade but it was showing a lot about European market, Metal Hurland, Heavy Metal, Belgium market, and at that moment I was reading only DC and Marvel and some comics published in Poland. Somebody else knows what I'm talking about?
    Yes, it was a 1989 TV series directed by Alejandro Vallejo for the Basque Country's television (Euskal Telebista, or ETB For short). It was called 'Cómic: Noveno Arte', aka 'Comics, the 9th Art', and was comprised of 13 episodes.

It's available as pay-per-view here.

You can get an idea about its scope here:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I recently saw a couple on Frank Quietly and Art Spielgelman on the BBC.

Theres those guys that did the Image Revolution doc. I know theyve done others on the likes of Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis.
    yupp, I love both, especially the Morrison one (it's on youtube). There is one about Alan Moore too, it's a bit depressing though, mainly because of the music.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Try a year and a half. On the optimistic side. 18 issues. Gonna be a while.
    Probably even longer. They take several months off as I recall between story arcs.

Incredible Member

So as I don't read singles and I always try to find Valiant's Solicits (since for some reason CBR doesn't post it on the main site...) but have they cancelled any of their ongoing series or what's going on? I have all of the Deluxe Editions they've released so far, but in the solicits I haven't seen any new issues of Harbinger, Bloodshot,Quantum and Woody or Archer and Armstrong.. Can someone help me out here and inform me on if they've cancelled anything or changed the titles of these things?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So as I don't read singles and I always try to find Valiant's Solicits (since for some reason CBR doesn't post it on the main site...) but have they cancelled any of their ongoing series or what's going on? I have all of the Deluxe Editions they've released so far, but in the solicits I haven't seen any new issues of Harbinger, Bloodshot,Quantum and Woody or Archer and Armstrong.. Can someone help me out here and inform me on if they've cancelled anything or changed the titles of these things?
    These guys should be able to help you out: http://community.comicbookresources....ospects/page74
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yes, it was a 1989 TV series directed by Alejandro Vallejo for the Basque Country's television (Euskal Telebista, or ETB For short). It was called 'Cómic: Noveno Arte', aka 'Comics, the 9th Art', and was comprised of 13 episodes.

It's available as pay-per-view here.

You can get an idea about its scope here:

Thank you, don't understand spanish, I'm gonna cry.

No subtitles?
    Last edited by lvizzz; 01-12-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yupp, I love both, especially the Morrison one (it's on youtube). There is one about Alan Moore too, it's a bit depressing though, mainly because of the music.
    That one about Morrrison is great, but I would recommend only first half of Moore's, it's getting weirder and weirder, he's talking about his shaminism, magija and god knows what else. It's kinda gibberish.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Try checking out "In search of Steve Ditko", it's a really great documentary. Also, downloading the Hola extension on your browser will help you get around region locked videos.
    That documentary got me interested in Moebius and the Ditko one is unreal. Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman are practically all smiles.