Page 251 of 865 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 12974
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    [/URL]
    Is that echo edition paperback or hardback? I've been trying to find it for a reasonable price for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Is that echo edition paperback or hardback? I've been trying to find it for a reasonable price for ages.
    That's the hardcover. It was not too long ago available through Diamond again, so check your LCS to see if they still have a copy. Cheap-comics.com still has 2 copies in stock. http://www.cheap-comics.com/terry-mo...e-p-15437.html

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Get Rork in Dutch. It's available in two beautiful hardcovers that together collect the complete series. Rork #0 is collected in them in b/w, but if you want that story in colour, Sherpa released it separately also, with and without dust jacket (25 and 15 €). I don't think Arq and Capricornus are available in English and never have been.

For Capricornus the first 5 volumes are quite hard to find, especially volume 1 and 3, but the rest not too hard. Volume 11 and 12 came together with a limited edition box to collect volume 6-10. Those were published by Lombard in softcover only, whereas the rest is published by Sherpa in hardcover.

For Arq the first 6 volumes are a little more difficult, the rest should be easy. Especially 7-12 can be bought at discount prices (e.g. at Het Gele Teken via catawiki).

Would you still want my Top 10 of Dutch books?

BTW: Perhaps NZ wants to move all this babble to the eurocomics thread?
    Thanks a lot Martin!!

Will definitely put Rork on my buy list then and will keep a look out for Arq and Capricornus.

I would appreciate a lot if you would post that top 10 again if you have the time. I'm starting to appreciate the Dutch comics more and more lately.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Not really comic book related but Jodorowskys Dune is a fantastic documentary starring Jodo and Moebius about the "greatest film never made"and has a lot of discussion relative to comics about story boards etc.

I'm going to check out that "In search of Steve Ditko", I'm on a documentary kick atm.
    Jodorosky's Dune is phenomenal. It makes me want to see his movies and makes me want to check out his non-Moebius books. He's also a character! Alien, Blade Runner, the Matrix, supposedly they all borrow ideas from Jodorosky's plans for Dune.

Good to hear. Mine should be here on Thursday from amazon.de, together with some other cool stuff.

Great haul!! Rork is brilliant, especially Rork #0. The drawings are just amazing!! When I finished my Thorgal's I should dig into XIII as well. Finished the first volume in softcover and loved it. Hardcovers are only available in one big box-set. Oh well, I'll just have to get that at some stage. Let me know how Animal'z by Enki Bilal is (perhaps best in the eurocomics thread) when you somehow got them transported to the UK and had time to read it.

Good to hear you're finally getting them in German LJ. After that are Arq and Capricorne also planned?
    I heard Animal'z is not great but I love Bilal's art, so that's that.

Fantastic Member

That's the hardcover. It was not too long ago available through Diamond again, so check your LCS to see if they still have a copy. Cheap-comics.com still has 2 copies in stock. http://www.cheap-comics.com/terry-mo...e-p-15437.html
    i'm curious, how do you know the exact amount of copies?

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i'm curious, how do you know the exact amount of copies?
    Just increase the number in you shopping cart until it says out of stock. I could add 2 copies, but not 3 in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey Aaltomuoto, what is the best way to collect Arq and Rork (in Dutch, or English if that's a better option)? I've been eyeing Andreas for a while but haven't found a good consistent and affordable line of books. Also, what other comics not available in English but available in Dutch would you recommend to me? I asked Martin that a while ago (before the forum reboot) and he made an amazing list but, sadly, I lost the list due to the reboot (the only one I remember is Blast). The help is appreciated a lot.
    All I have to add to Martins info is that there's a collection of the first 6 ARQ books that can be found really cheap if you look around. It's in SC and smaller than the original HC's but it's a good book to check if that series is your thing (most Andreas series can get pretty cerebral).
    The 2 Rork HC's that Sherpa published recently are excellent, you can't really go wrong with those (#0 also looks better in B&W, if you ask me).

Spectacular Member

Just got an email from amazon saying my copy of zenith vol 3 has been canceled because they'll no longer be receiving stock.
    Has anyone got an info on this? Has the book been canceled?
    I doubt they'd cancel the run now, with only two books left.

EDIT: the exact wording is "the supplier has informed us the line has been discontinued"

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Just got an email from amazon saying my copy of zenith vol 3 has been canceled because they'll no longer be receiving stock.

EDIT: the exact wording is "the supplier has informed us the line has been discontinued"
    ****! I have two volumes, I can see pre orders for another two, can't believe that 2000 AD has cancelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post

What? WHAT?
    I just wanted to order phase 1 and 2. I can't believe 2000AD can't sell a Morrison book! There must be some mistake here.

Spectacular Member

No matter what Amazon may have said, that Rebellion would suddenly cancel the run is very, very unlikely and probably not true at all considering how well 2000AD have been doing for themselves lately (US reprints going into second and third printings; various new hardback graphic novels, including a partworks collection starting in one week; figurines; etc.). Contact them by all means but I can guarantee it's not true, especially since they've been promoting the series somewhat regularly through Twitter. That the third book may be getting delayed is far more likely.

EDIT:

And there you go:

https://twitter.com/2000AD/status/555352904962703360

Still coming, obviously, and apparently without delay (in another tweet they say it's still scheduled for April).
    Last edited by Endsville; 01-14-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    What? WHAT?
    I just wanted to order phase 1 and 2. I can't believe 2000AD can't sell a Morrison book! There must be some mistake here.
    Get them, great read, specially vol 1.

Good thing it's still coming, since I have Phase 1 and 2 coming in tomorrow or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Get them, great read, specially vol 1.
    It's Morrison, I have to get them. Just seem a bit overpriced (Morrison tax?) and lately I got out of the comicbook collecting/reading (damn toys with their shiny packaging!), but I started to feel the urge again (have to get Enigma too).