Page 262 of 865 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Here we go, I don't expect to get anything more, still waiting for Swamp Thing vol 3.
    Oh, that's great! And you have Elektra omnibus now. I want it too )

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Well if you're ever brave the trek down from Dundee to Glasgow, you can easily find Mark Miller walking around the West End, if you have anything of his you want signed.
    There is another writer from Glasgow who I really want to meet. Eventually I'm going to visit Glasgow, especially if that guy is signing at some con or fest.

Yeah, we will be signing this weekend with Gibbons in FP store, don't know should I go, I don't have Kingsman comic.
    I really liked Kingsman, it was my favourite Millar book since the first Kick-ass (or probably the first few issues of Kick-ass).
    Also, just checked and the PRJ deluxe costs 2,5x as much as the tpb. I like hardcovers but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Oh, that's great! And you have Elektra omnibus now. I want it too )
    Yeah I paid 50 quid so not a great deal but it was the best price I've ever seen for this book, sitting on Amazon marketplace just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Nice haul. You just reminded me that I should get PRJ sooner than later.
    I don't get what's so good about signed books if you don't get it in person (and even then...I donno) but I think I have a signed version of the Black dossier hc.
    Value, but I know what you mean.

Yeah, he will be signing this weekend with Gibbons in FP store, don't know should I go, I don't have Kingsman comic.
    Was that Just a Pilgrim book you posted an OHC and does it collect both series? I've read the stories, but never seen that book before.

Nice hauls lvizzz and Roland! Sweet lord I swear I thought you placed the picture horizontally and then the pile just kept on going and going, lvizzz Great stuff too Aaltomuoto! Those piles remind me I should place my next order at cheap-comics.com too. Such a busy week... Got offered a new job!! So happy now!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Was that Just a Pilgrim book you posted an OHC and does it collect both series? I've read the stories, but never seen that book before.
    It's this one, it's HC not OHC, found it on eBay for 4.50 with p&p.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GARTH-ENNIS-...qid=1422490171

Thanks Martin, I think I'm done with buying comics for some time, have to read those ones first and really I've achieved two goals with my collection: all Punisher Max OHC and major X-Men stories - here I would need some OHC's but you can't have everything, right?

It's this one, it's HC not OHC, found it on eBay for 4.50 with p&p.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GARTH-ENNIS-...qid=1422490171

Thanks Martin, I think I'm done with buying comics for some time, have to read those ones first and really I've achieved two goals with my collection: all Punisher Max OHC and major X-Men stories - here I would need some OHC's but you can't have everything, right?
    Thanks. That's interesting. It appears to collect only the first limited series. There were actually two, which ran four or five or six issues each. (It's been awhile.)
    I thought they were pretty good reads. Ennis as I recall wrote them after the Preacher ended and he wanted to tackle something much shorter for awhile. At the time he advertized the series as "out preachering the preacher" - or something like that.
    I wouldn't mind one OHC that collects all of it.

latest arrivals. so happy run like crazy, run like hell was finally released, i think it's been over 2 years since it was first announced. have also heard good things about copra.

formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks. That's interesting. It appears to collect only the first limited series. There were actually two, which ran four or five or six issues each. (It's been awhile.)
    I thought they were pretty good reads. Ennis as I recall wrote them after the Preacher ended and he wanted to tackle something much shorter for awhile. At the time he advertized the series as "out preachering the preacher" - or something like that.
    I wouldn't mind one OHC that collects all of it.
    Didn' know there were two. Damn.

2015_01 simple killing bookplate.jpg

Here is a detailed description of the latest Sláine reprints published 2 weeks ago.

The short version here http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2015/0...-book-one.html

And the longer fully illustrated version there http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...-book-one.html

If I was still a non suscriber I will enjoy greatly the smaller gap between original serialisation in 2000 AD and the collected edition (6 months now instead of a couple of years), but I regret that the two last reprints only collect 1 stories instead of two. The extra section have been greatly enhanced though.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    There is another writer from Glasgow who I really want to meet. Eventually I'm going to visit Glasgow, especially if that guy is signing at some con or fest.
    Morrison usually does attend the Glasgow Comic Con, but be careful there is also the Scotland Comic Con which isn't really aimed at comics.

That's a very nice looking book. I have only one Slaine book by Bisley, would you recommend something more/ the best ones?

Spectacular Member

That's a very nice looking book. I have only one Slaine book by Bisley, would you recommend something more/ the best ones?
    All of Clint Langley's time as artist are available in hardcover and are a pretty good series of books to start with as several of the books prior to that are a tad confusing if you were to jump into the middle of them, featuring Slaine not being in his own time and stuff. The writing hits a few snags along the way in Langley's tenure as artist - the series since the start of Book of Invasions (though possibly earlier than that) is admittedly not everyone's cup of tea - but in typical Pat Mills fashion, he finds some way to make up for any bad parts, the conclusion to Book of Invasions and his celebration of Slaine's 30th birthday being the two best examples of that. This first book of A Simple Killing is somewhat of a reboot for the series (Mills even says so in his introduction) with Simon Davis taking over as artist and if you were to ask my opinion, I'd say it's the best Slaine book since the last one of Book of Invasions. It's certainly the best jumping-on point for the series you have at hand without having to buy a bunch of other books certainly.

As for the rest of the series - I've not personally read it all, so vark could help you there. But I would point out that Pat Mills has gotten hardcover treatment for early A.B.C. Warriors and it was revealed on the forums earlier this week that his tie-in series, Ro-Busters, is getting the same and I therefore have a suspicion that we could see more of his early work getting collected in larger volumes too. So I'd keep that in mind if you're really interested and maybe just pick up the first volume of A Simple Killing for now if you're really interested.

I have also a soft spot for Clint Langley's run on Sláine, and the Book of Invasion is probably my favorite arc to date, so it will be also my recommendation. Endsville can you pinpoint where in the forums it says that the Ro-busters will get the HC treatment? Rebellion have revealed their first semester catalogue for 2015 and the only thing related to Pat Mills is the latest ABC Warriors collected hardcover, Return to Mars (Clint Langley).
    Last edited by vark; 01-29-2015 at 11:34 AM.