Page 267 of 865 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367767 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 12974

Not sure if you guys know this already, but I bought this a couple of years ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drawings-Gul...from+the+gulag

It's not a graphic novel in the strictest sense but still an astonishing work. Baldaev was allowed inside the Gulags by the KGB and chronicled what he saw in 130 drawings with descriptions.

Forums messing around again...

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Not sure if you guys know this already, but I bought this a couple of years ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drawings-Gul...from+the+gulag

It's not a graphic novel in the strictest sense but still an astonishing work. Baldaev was allowed inside the Gulags by the KGB and chronicled what he saw in 130 drawings with descriptions.
    Interesting, they look like jail tattooes.

OK, I'll try here. Does anybody have Hellspawn HC with Templesmith art? Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Interesting, they look like jail tattooes.
    Not surprising. He wrote a three-part encyclopeadia of Russian criminal tattoos:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Russian-Crim...E3W6S3YKV211RV

Spectacular Member

Hmmm, it says 'paperback' thou...
    An Amazon mistake clearly. If the description weren't already specific, then the higher price and Mek Files series make it an obvious hardback edition.

But yeah, Rebellion certainly have upped their game. One thing I would like to see an announcement of by the end of the year is of more high quality books reprinting older series', in a similar vein to the Zenith hardcovers. They've already announced the complete Dan Dare getting a collection so it doesn't seem entirely unlikely either. As for this new edition of the Case Files, for one volume at least, I hope that they take the time to include as much extra material as possible too, seeing as the Mek Files managed to reprint all the covers and pin-up art.

Vol 3 is in the house, two more to go. It has that extra plastic cover, like library copy but easy to remove. I'm not that crazy about keeping my books in shrinkwrap or whatever like some people here, but I guess it might be useful for some.

OK, I'll try here. Does anybody have Hellspawn HC with Templesmith art? Is it any good?
    I've been eyeing that as well. It's out of stock on Amazon.ca, and indigo.ca only has 3 copies left, so for me it's kind of now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I've been eyeing that as well. It's out of stock on Amazon.ca, and indigo.ca only has 3 copies left, so for me it's kind of now or never.
    Oh, I don't think it's going OOP, there are copies on UK Amazon, and plenty on marketplace.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hellspawn-Co...ords=hellspawn

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Im also collecting the absolute sized special editions of locke and key, but i wonder if they are discontinuing it. Havnt seen one in more than a year now.

On a side not i was thinking of getting the daily dredds, does anyone know how these differ from the complete case files? Thanks!
    Quick update on this one...after seeing your post I sent IDW publishing an email, and received the following response:

A new volume for the Locke & Key Special Edition HC series releases once each year. The next volume in the series, Volume 4 Keys to the Kingdom, is tentatively scheduled for release this summer 2015.

So looks like we will hopefully be able to purchase volume 4 in a few months!

Fantastic Member

just finished megahex. wow, that was something. very impressed, how this played out and one of my favorite releases of 2014.

Beautiful art. Horrible, crappy story. And this from someone who is not a Bendis hater.

Incredible Member

This one?

Its your standard deluxe image hardcover setup, I brought it a year or two back off eBay super cheap, the girlfriend is a massive fan of Templesmiths art and it is a very pretty book.

The first half of the book however is not Templesmith, it is in fact Ashley Wood (this is a good thing Woods art is bloody amazing) heres and example.

Templesmith does the second half of the book, heres a quick example.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post
    Quick update on this one...after seeing your post I sent IDW publishing an email, and received the following response:

A new volume for the Locke & Key Special Edition HC series releases once each year. The next volume in the series, Volume 4 Keys to the Kingdom, is tentatively scheduled for release this summer 2015.

That is fantastic news! Hopefully they finish it out, but i love the first part of Vol 4 that has Bill Watterson doing the art

Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post

YESSSSS! Thanks Deviskan!

So summer it is. By the way does anybody here have tried or know if it's possible to combine IDW orders from different lines (AE, IDW limited)? If not I will ask them.

Fantastic Member

So, ladies and gentlemen, one of the rarest books in my collection finally arrived to my home. And this is a thing of beauty.

This is a limited (only 1000 copies) huge album hardcover with 369 comic strips "Dream of the Rarebit Fiend" of Winsor McCay, reproduced in a full size. Plus a lot of biographical info and photos inside + DVD with more then 800 scanned strips It's a pity I don't have a DVD drive in my laptop haha.