Page 281 of 865 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

cape horn is a really beautiful (oversized) book!

Some excellent choices there, Krylox. Cape Horn is such a great book, as is Gleisdreieck (which we talked about before).

Is the Lincoln book by Sciver based on fact? That looks like something I could be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Have you gotten around to reading Lust and The Squidder yet? I've been thinking of checking them out.
    Not really. I've flipped through them. They're very pretty though. Tome is huge, larger than most Artist's Editions.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Some excellent choices there, Krylox. Cape Horn is such a great book, as is Gleisdreieck (which we talked about before).

Is the Lincoln book by Sciver based on fact? That looks like something I could be interested in.
    thanks. i picked up gleisdreick on my last comic shop visit based on your recommendation

regarding the sciver book, i know that lincoln was suffering from what we call nowadays bipolar disorder and that what sciver's book is about. though how much he's basing his book on historical facts and how much of it is fiction i can't really say.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Not really. I've flipped through them. They're very pretty though. Tome is huge, larger than most Artist's Editions.
    Cheers dude. I'll probably start by ordering the Squidder at some point before Dagon. Tome looks really cool but a little out of my price range. $210 shipped, the Missus would confiscate my wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Cheers dude. I'll probably start by ordering the Squidder at some point before Dagon. Tome looks really cool but a little out of my price range. $210 shipped, the Missus would confiscate my wallet!
    Yeah. I hopped on the initial Kickstarter for Tome 1. I just looked and got it for 76. Still waiting for Tome 2, also from kickstarter, for 110. List was 28 and Squidder was 30.

If I didn't get them for those prices from Kickstarter, I probably wouldn't have gotten them haha. 210, to me, for any book, is a lot.

They're cool books. Tome is like a prose-comic. There are prose pieces with accompanying art and what not, not your traditional comic. They are a little dark and Gothic though...otherwise they'd be really cool coffee table books haha
    Last edited by ER Prest; 02-20-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Nice selection krylox! I should look into that Gleis Dreieck too.

Fantagraphics posted a couple of shots of the much delayed, but upcoming Complete Eightball.... The book should hit bookstores in May.

And two more...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Fantagraphics posted a couple of shots of the much delayed, but upcoming Complete Eightball.... The book should hit bookstores in May.

I'm going to judge a book by its cover. That looks awesome!

Fantastic Member

look very slick! have most of clowes' work in collections, but this is very tempting. europeans should definitely pre-order through amazon.it, they offer it for only 56 euro.

I can't wait! I pre-ordered it in June of last year. Got it locked in at $62.66.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I can't wait! I pre-ordered it in June of last year. Got it locked in at $62.66.
    Pre-ordered mine for $59.99 on Dcbservice.Com! Been checking and recheck in Fantagraphics' youtube for a preview video of this. Looks awesome and I can't wait to read Clowes for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    look very slick! have most of clowes' work in collections, but this is very tempting. europeans should definitely pre-order through amazon.it, they offer it for only 56 euro.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Pre-ordered mine for $59.99 on Dcbservice.Com! Been checking and recheck in Fantagraphics' youtube for a preview video of this. Looks awesome and I can't wait to read Clowes for the first time.
    Nice one guys. Got mine locked in at amazon UK for £41.86 = €56.63 = $64.45 at today's rate. Hopefully the euro will improve a little over the next few months (not just for this book, since comics are getting really expensive now).

Really they had pre-orders for 42 quid? Now it's 85. Damn it!

Incredible Member

Latest.