Page 282 of 865 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382782 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Finished Green River Killer. That was really good. Like, really good. I also finally finished The One Trick Rip-Off which was also good.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Finished Green River Killer. That was really good. Like, really good. I also finally finished The One Trick Rip-Off which was also good.
    Paul Pope son! Huge fan of all this work

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    look very slick! have most of clowes' work in collections, but this is very tempting. europeans should definitely pre-order through amazon.it, they offer it for only 56 euro.
    Thanks for the tip! Order is in.

After seeing everyone gush over Blacksad for so long and the piece on Comics Should Be Good, I finally decided to grab the first HC to check it out. Will get the other two if I like it. Are the three HCs released by Dark Horse so far the whole thing or are there more stories left to be brought over here?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    After seeing everyone gush over Blacksad for so long and the piece on Comics Should Be Good, I finally decided to grab the first HC to check it out. Will get the other two if I like it. Are the three HCs released by Dark Horse so far the whole thing or are there more stories left to be brought over here?
    That's all there is to translate at the moment. Next installment (volume 6) in France should be in 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

I bought A Silent Hell on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed it! Havent read Amarillo yet and too lazy to get the 1st one so far. I loved it though. The pacing and the art were ace.

Just as when i was ready to buy the Criminal Delixe HCs they go out of stock! Are these oop? Is Incognito integral to the Criminal stories as well? Bah!
    Last edited by Penoy; 02-22-2015 at 02:06 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Finished Sculptor in 3 days. It's quite thr amazing book. McCloud is a master of the visual aspects of a comic and while I thought the style was too manga-y, it was still amazing in how it presented the story. I think the book wouldn't be half as good without the amazing visuals. Highly recommended.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Finished Sculptor in 3 days. It's quite thr amazing book. McCloud is a master of the visual aspects of a comic and while I thought the style was too manga-y, it was still amazing in how it presented the story. I think the book wouldn't be half as good without the amazing visuals. Highly recommended.
    After a week or so, I had some time to think about it and while I still think it's a really great book that everybody should read, there is something about it that I can't phrase the proper way. It's not neccessarily negative but the whole thing felt like a text book example of A GRAPHIC NOVEL! .When you try to explain somebody what is a GN you should just hand them The Sculptor. It feels a bit like when all the people thought the '89 Batman or the Donner superman is the prime example how a comicbook movie should be. Meanwhile there is The Rocketeer...
    Donno, I liked it but it was a bit sterile maybe? But just a very little, not something that really bothers me (and I'm not talking about the drawings).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    After a week or so, I had some time to think about it and while I still think it's a really great book that everybody should read, there is something about it that I can't phrase the proper way. It's not neccessarily negative but the whole thing felt like a text book example of A GRAPHIC NOVEL! .When you try to explain somebody what is a GN you should just hand them The Sculptor. It feels a bit like when all the people thought the '89 Batman or the Donner superman is the prime example how a comicbook movie should be. Meanwhile there is The Rocketeer...
    Donno, I liked it but it was a bit sterile maybe? But just a very little, not something that really bothers me (and I'm not talking about the drawings).
    i feel you. this is what i wrote about it on goodreads (spoilery!): https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho...w_action=false

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i feel you. this is what i wrote about it on goodreads (spoilery!): https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho...w_action=false
    Good summary, especially about Meg and the art part. Although I don't think it's better than Daytripper, maybe because of the visuals but I think Daytripper is more unique or just tells the story with a bit less cliched way. Or it's just totally personal

Got my 21st Century Tank Girl today. Others have already posted pics so I'll just add my 2c that this is a very nice book. If you get a chance to pick up surplus copies I'd recommend it.

Yay the Quantum and Woody Deluxe comes out this week!
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Yay the Quantum and Woody Deluxe comes out this week!
    Mine is in the cart at IST.
    I had thought the Harbinger Masters was due this week also, guess not.

I'm also going to pick up IDW's TF Phase 2 vol.1
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Got my 21st Century Tank Girl today. Others have already posted pics so I'll just add my 2c that this is a very nice book. If you get a chance to pick up surplus copies I'd recommend it.
    Good stuff. I'm keeping a pretty close eye on their FB page so I can pounce as soon as they become available.