Page 283 of 865 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383783 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 12974

FP has pre-orderds for Sandman Gallery Edition.

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/sa...NEWS1424871980

Incredible Member

My to-read pile. Too many books, too little time. I'm starting with The Invisibles.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    My to-read pile. Too many books, too little time. I'm starting with The Invisibles.
    Awesome pile! Good times ahead .

I wish my to read pile was that slim!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Latest haul
    IMG_20150226_110737.jpg
    Got that Garrigue comic for free with Chninkel, never heard of it before but the art looks nice. That BPRD hc was €6 on the Amazon.de marketplace and despite the rips on the dustjacket, it's actually in a fine condition. Definitely good enough for €6.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Chninkel jest great, one of the best comics I have. What version do you have, black&white?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Chninkel jest great, one of the best comics I have. What version do you have, black&white?
    Yeah it's a B&W hc. I got it for €11 p&p included (actually €17 but the corners were messed up and I got a partial refund). Pretty excited to read it since Thorgal is awesome (currently at the 10th album. Loved the Archers, definitely the best of the bunch).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Nice haul Victor. Chninkel is fantastic!! One of those books where you really roll your eyes in disbelief of why it has never (yet) been translated into English.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Nice haul Victor. Chninkel is fantastic!! One of those books where you really roll your eyes in disbelief of why it has never (yet) been translated into English.
    I loved reading Chninkel as a kid. It's been translated into English. But I don't think it's ever been collected by a publisher in the US. Dark Horse had it running in their "Cheval Noir" anthology series back in the early 90's.

I was trying to explain to someone the other what an impact that series had on my tastes. They ran a bunch of fantastic Euro work in it. Schuiten & Peters "The Tower". Marvano's adaptation of "The Forever War". Andrea's "Rork". I need to dig up my old floppies and re-read them.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I'd wait until #4 comes out before starting, or you'll be tenterhooks for months

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I'd wait until #4 comes out before starting, or you'll be tenterhooks for months
    Hopefully it won't be so bad. I have so much to read and more books are coming, It will take me a while to just get to the second volume as I like to break things up when I read a series.

Just here to confirm that Chninkel is awesome. When it comes to BD, it can't get better than Van Hamme & Rosinski collaboration.
    Other than Chninkel, they've worked on One-shot named Western, and of course - Thorgal.

Got these ones in today...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Got these ones in today...

I eyed that new Criminal book, as well as the other Image one-shot from Brubaker and Phillips. How big is it? $5.99 is pretty high. Also how's the Scalped book? Pretty similar to the other Vertigo Deluxes? I'm grabbing it next week when the Busiek Avengers Omnibus drops.

Spectacular Member

Questions/Speculation on the Image reprinting of Brubaker and Phillips' Criminal:

I can't help but think this was all in the grand plan of him signing exclusively with Image. After hearing Hickman talk on the 11 O'clock Podcast about how much money he made in 2014 off of Image books, it makes perfect sense that he'd want to reprint Criminal through Image.

Has anyone put the old volumes side-by-side with the new Image ones? Differences in production quality? Any new extra material? Missing material?

Also, do you think this means eventual solicits for new Deluxe/HC editions? Looks like it'll be reprinted through vol. 4 by April. Even if they're in line with what Image has been putting out along the lines of Fatale (as it's a Brubaker and Phillips book), I'd be thrilled with that! I just wonder if they'll milk all the trades first and wait a bit before HC solicits. Sometimes the Image HCs come out very quickly upon the closing of an arc, or take much longer (like with Manhattan Projects).