Page 284 of 865 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

My latest haul (with rare Kramers Ergot 7 hardcover on the background and russian version of Scott Pilgrom)

Nice haul Roland, but oh my they shrunk The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil that much!!! You should've gone for the Jonathan Cape version... Perhaps you can still get that one when you enjoy it, which I;m sure you will, and sell this tiny copy.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

How is Metabarons? I have the Incal and loved the Jodorosky documentary on Dune. Also, any inside scoop on Orion Omnibus, Amazon just said it was delayed. I love that GL omnibus, but I can't see getting it until I read what I have!

Did anyone get the Marvel 75 year book from Taschen by Roy Thomas?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Finished Chninkel and it was indeed very good. A bit absurd at times but it was certainly unique and made for a great experience. Loved Bom-Bom especially.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Nice haul Roland, but oh my they shrunk The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil that much!!! You should've gone for the Jonathan Cape version... Perhaps you can still get that one when you enjoy it, which I;m sure you will, and sell this tiny copy.
    Oh, this is incredible book, but in so small format! So there is a bigger version? I need it now then.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is Metabarons? I have the Incal and loved the Jodorosky documentary on Dune. Also, any inside scoop on Orion Omnibus, Amazon just said it was delayed. I love that GL omnibus, but I can't see getting it until I read what I have!

I think the original Metabarons series is my favorite Jodo book.

Fantastic Member

oh, nice haul Roland, as always.
    my Metabarons collection is still on the way to me, a rare occasion of delayed delivery from amazon UK...
    i see Warren Ellis's Trees is out - i was just going to dive in the digital copies of it

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Oh, this is incredible book, but in so small format! So there is a bigger version? I need it now then.
    Yeah I know I loved it. The Jonathan Cape hardcover is 21.9 x 2.6 x 30.4 cm, whereas the Picador version is only a mere 15.8 x 2.5 x 22.4 cm

For European customer, Frank Miller's Daredevil Edition is available for preorder at FP.co.uk: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/fra...r#.VPGed_mG9Ao

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post

Matabarons is amazing. It was the best book I read last year. As ER Priest said it's easily Jodorosky's best work. The artwork as absolutely brilliant as well. The sequel Castaka wasn't anywhere near as good though.

Some excellent books there, Martin (you really only started to read WD?) and Roland (you'll enjoy Scalped and, as others have said, Metabarons; I prefer the latter over everything else Jodo has written).

Bought these recently:

- Best of Enemies Vol. 2: such a great book, especially the art by David B.
    - Le Chateau des Etoiles is steampunk by Alix Alice (who did Siegfried), and has beautiful art.
    - Fritz Haber (first volume of four) has some stunning artwork as well, as does Thomas Müntzer (whose art is supposed to mimic 16th century engravings, to match the topic of the book).

Here are some samples:

Chateau des Etoiles:

Fritz Haber:

Thomas Müntzer:

My Haul for this week (so far, I'm going to a local con tomorrow so it might still grow a bit).

@Roland: Where did you find that Kramer's 7?

@LordJulius: Die Falsher Gesichter, is that one only written by David B. or has he drawn some of it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post

@Roland: Where did you find that Kramer's 7?

@LordJulius: Die Falsher Gesichter, is that one only written by David B. or has he drawn some of it as well?
    Is there any Moebius book you don't have by now?

Die falschen Gesichter (The Wrong Faces) is "only" written by David B. Tanquerelle, the artist, is by no means bad, though. Have you checked out "Best of Enemies" yet? It's written like a straight-up history book, but David B's art makes it something really special. It's full of symbolism and caricature-like art that really helps to bring the contents of the text across. Love it and can't wait for vol. 3

After finishing the first story in Blacksad, I went ahead and ordered the other two. Good stuff!
    Peace, Love, and Tacos