Page 290 of 865 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I had planned to get Wagner's Grendel-Shadow cross over, but I think I'm going to pass.
    in my opinion that would be a mistake

http://community.comicbookresources....-vs-the-Shadow

Incredible Member

Outside of mainstream comic books I have two fascinations, 1) Slipcases (They just look pretty on the shelves), and 2) pre comics code collections, the writing and art sometimes leave a lot to be desired with these but I think they hold an important place historically and I find it interesting sometimes to try and work out just what was so shocking about them that lead to the moral panic that shaped a lot of the silver age comics from the big two.

With that in mind I've stumbled across a publisher PS Artbooks http://www.psartbooks.com/ and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with their books? Hows the build quality, reproduction etc. They seem to be a small publisher and their books are reasonably pricey so was hoping someone had some experience before I decide to pull the trigger on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Outside of mainstream comic books I have two fascinations, 1) Slipcases (They just look pretty on the shelves), and 2) pre comics code collections, the writing and art sometimes leave a lot to be desired with these but I think they hold an important place historically and I find it interesting sometimes to try and work out just what was so shocking about them that lead to the moral panic that shaped a lot of the silver age comics from the big two.

With that in mind I've stumbled across a publisher PS Artbooks http://www.psartbooks.com/ and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with their books? Hows the build quality, reproduction etc. They seem to be a small publisher and their books are reasonably pricey so was hoping someone had some experience before I decide to pull the trigger on anything.
    I have no idea but the MMW forum has a dedicated thread for these collections. I'm sure they could help you

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Thanks. Making a list then: I'll pick up Harbinger, Bloodshot, and X-O Manowar. How about the Harbinger Wars HC? I noticed that's out too. I may look into Quantum & Woody, but it appears an Archer & Armstrong HC came out at the end of the year last year. Thoughts on it? I like Fred Van Lente. Is the X-O Manowar HC vol. 1 headed out of print? I noticed it's not listed on IST but it is on Amazon.

Looks like X-O Manowar and Harbinger are getting vol. 2 of HCs this summer. Also the Armor Wars event HC comes out. If I exclude Shadowman and Q&W, I'm really only looking at about 5-6 books total. Thanks so much for the help!
    I really enjoyed Archer & Armstrong. Their run is the first full story arc for Gilad aka The Eternal Warrior and the introduction of Kay McHenry the Geomancer. Both of which are playing a big role in the hot selling mini-series called simply The Valiant. Gilad also goes onto big thing in the UNITY title. I wouldn't be shocked to see an A&A Deluxe OHC vol.2 solicited for the end of this year.

I would for sure get the Harbinger Wars and Armor Hunters collections! These two plus the Harbinger, XO, Bloodshot give a great intro into VALIANT. Getting the Archer & Armstrong one is a great read and touches Gilad and Ivar(both immortal brothers to Armstrong), who'll show up in issue 16(?)--the second OHC collection.

I'm not sure how VALIANT is going to treat their team book UNITY. Most, 2/3 of the first year, will have been printed elsewhere in OHC form by summer between AHunters and XO vol.2 so you'd only be missing the middle chapter of that first year. I'll be curious if VEI does a Deluxe vol.1 UNITY OHC cause that means a double dip for most of the content but the OCD in me wants each ongoing title to have a vol.1!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Thanks. Making a list then: I'll pick up Harbinger, Bloodshot, and X-O Manowar. How about the Harbinger Wars HC? I noticed that's out too. I may look into Quantum & Woody, but it appears an Archer & Armstrong HC came out at the end of the year last year. Thoughts on it? I like Fred Van Lente. Is the X-O Manowar HC vol. 1 headed out of print? I noticed it's not listed on IST but it is on Amazon.

Looks like X-O Manowar and Harbinger are getting vol. 2 of HCs this summer. Also the Armor Wars event HC comes out. If I exclude Shadowman and Q&W, I'm really only looking at about 5-6 books total. Thanks so much for the help!
    I only started reading Valiant myself in the last few months but must say the overall quality is very high. They seem to be unafraid to treat their 'heroes' like people with all the flaws we have.
    To me the XO Manowar deluxe reads like a blockbuster action movie with a brain and is pretty awesome.
    Harbinger keeps you guessing and doesn't hold the readers hand or tell you what to think. You might hate every character but you'll understand what drives them and your gonna wanna see what happens next
    Archer and Armstrong is clever and very funny with some great lines and hilariously stupid situations with likable characters.
    Bloodshot is a great 80's action movie style comic, if you like the Punisher you'll probably enjoy it.
    The Shadow Man deluxe I found to be enjoyable enough but not quite as good as the above. It gets worse after the deluxe though.
    I have just got the Quantum and Woody deluxe but have yet to read it. I read the first tpb last year and was unsure about it but will give this deluxe a chance.

So. Looks like Enki Bilal's long OOP "Nikopol Trilogy" classic will be reprinted by Titan later this year:

https://www.facebook.com/EurocomicsU...12119868908513

I sooooo want to read that; the German version has been oop several years now as well and - like the English edition - goes for crazy prices.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So. Looks like Enki Bilal's long OOP "Nikopol Trilogy" classic will be reprinted by Titan later this year:

I sooooo want to read that; the German version has been oop several years now as well and - like the English edition - goes for crazy prices.
    Nice, I'm curious about this as well. I had December 32 in hungarian but didn't understood it because it was the 2nd part of a series (I got the book from a man who worked at the printer) but I really liked the art.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Fiiiiiiinally!

Ive always regretted finding a copy in great condition in an OxFam for £5 and not buying it...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    I have no idea but the MMW forum has a dedicated thread for these collections. I'm sure they could help you
    Thanks a lot, looks like I have something new to punish my wallet with come pay day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Fiiiiiiinally!

Ive always regretted finding a copy in great condition in an OxFam for £5 and not buying it...
    how could you pass on that? For that price I would even buy something that I only somewhat like or somewhat interested in.

Yeah. 5 quid? That's a steal in any case.

For those of you who don't know Bilal. He's one of the greatest comic artists of the 20th century. I like to describe his style as "imagine Moebius had picked up masonry". Here's a few examples that hopefully explain what I mean - as well as why you should buy "Nikopol":

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is there a list anywhere about all of Image's deluxe hc-s?
    I know I'm late but still...

Some time ago I tried to put a list like this together (and for some other publishers too) the links for which you can find on the first page of this thread. Here is the one for Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Some time ago I tried to put a list like this together (and for some other publishers too) the links for which you can find on the first page of this thread. Here is the one for Image.
    better late than never. Thank you good sir!
    why are the Casanova deluxes so overpriced?
    Last edited by Balakin; 03-10-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

That's pretty handy. Just looking down it and what in the world is going on with Haunt: Immortal Edition vol. 2?

There's two listings for in on the marketplace and they're both set at a grand?! Volume 1 can still be bought for about 25 quid.

Anyone?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    That's pretty handy. Just looking down it and what in the world is going on with Haunt: Immortal Edition vol. 2?

There's two listings for in on the marketplace and they're both set at a grand?! Volume 1 can still be bought for about 25 quid.

Anyone?
    As far as I'm aware it dosn't actually exist. I had a pre-order for it a couple years back but it kept getting pushed back further and further over the span of like 2 years. I don't know what that listing is for but I'm skeptical that the book is real.