Page 291 of 865 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So. Looks like Enki Bilal's long OOP "Nikopol Trilogy" classic will be reprinted by Titan later this year:

https://www.facebook.com/EurocomicsU...12119868908513

I sooooo want to read that; the German version has been oop several years now as well and - like the English edition - goes for crazy prices.
    Holy **** this is awesome news! I read it already and didnt exactly love the story, but the art is amazing.

Got these two today.

I have Final Incal in the oversized slipcase edition, but since my copies of The Incal and Before the Incal are the regular hardcovers, I decided to get this to complete the set in that format.

Had never heard of Megalex before but decided to give it a go.

Amazing Member

I've got Megalex. It's a good sci-fi story, but the ending might be a little bit dis-satisfactory from what I can remember.

Spectacular Member

If you look at the packaging thread you'll see I won a recent number of books through the one eBay seller and here they are again but specifically named this time, all published by Fantagraphics except for the Bobby London, which is part of IDW's Library of American Comics line: I got three box sets of Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse books, volumes 1 - 4 and the two Colour Sundays; volumes 2 - 4 of E.C. Segar's Popeye (bidding on these was really weird - I didn't win the fifth and sixth volume because of much higher bids than these for some reason); Carl Barks' Donald Duck: The Old Castle's Secret; and the first of two volumes of Bobby London's Popeye.

At this point I don't think I can sing praise of Fantagraphics enough, so let me instead state that I hate these bastards! As well as intending to collect the rest of those series' of books and some others I have (Prince Valiant and Captain Easy for example), I haven't yet bought any of their Love and Rockets books or their massive collection of the Complete Peanuts or any of their EC Comics Library, yet I know that the minute I do buy any of those, I'll want to get them as well! Every one of their books I've bought so far has been an utter joy and they're the publisher I'm most glad to have discovered; but thank god for sellers on eBay (I won all of the above books at about 70 quid, 90 after postage was added) or affording all of these wouldn't be an impossibility. Although the other good thing is, of course, that they thankfully keep these great books in print, meaning you don't have to be in such a huge rush to get them all. And although I've never read sales figures for any of these reprints of classics, I can only imagine that the market for them is much smaller too, which also makes them easier to get a hold of.

A shame that Forbidden Planet don't seem to have many of their books in stock though, at any one time. It means that when I do get round to buying the likes of the Complete Peanuts, it looks like I'll have to go through Book Depository, who were a bit terrible the last time I bought anything off them (year ago, mind you, so if anyone has been buying off them recently, let me know how they are).

The Bobby London Popeye book is the first in the American Library of Comics line that I've bought. Have to admit that I was a little disappointed, and surprised, to see only a short introduction in this one and no extra material at all, but I believe that isn't the same for most of them. It's a quality book though and many of their other series' are books that I hope to buy in the future, although with those too Forbidden Planet seem to either get very little in stock or they sell out that quickly, making them a bit of a pain to get a hold of.

With the Complete Zap Comix due to arrive this month also, my wallet is truly suffering. Thankfully I have a bunch of books to sell to make up for it all, otherwise I fear I'd be living on the streets with these things...

Incredible Member

I have Megalex and totally forgot about it. I should go dig it out and finally read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    If you look at the packaging thread you'll see I won a recent number of books through the one eBay seller and here they are again but specifically named this time, all published by Fantagraphics except for the Bobby London, which is part of IDW's Library of American Comics line: I got three box sets of Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse books, volumes 1 - 4 and the two Colour Sundays; volumes 2 - 4 of E.C. Segar's Popeye (bidding on these was really weird - I didn't win the fifth and sixth volume because of much higher bids than these for some reason); Carl Barks' Donald Duck: The Old Castle's Secret; and the first of two volumes of Bobby London's Popeye.

At this point I don't think I can sing praise of Fantagraphics enough, so let me instead state that I hate these bastards! As well as intending to collect the rest of those series' of books and some others I have (Prince Valiant and Captain Easy for example), I haven't yet bought any of their Love and Rockets books or their massive collection of the Complete Peanuts or any of their EC Comics Library, yet I know that the minute I do buy any of those, I'll want to get them as well! Every one of their books I've bought so far has been an utter joy and they're the publisher I'm most glad to have discovered; but thank god for sellers on eBay (I won all of the above books at about 70 quid, 90 after postage was added) or affording all of these wouldn't be an impossibility. Although the other good thing is, of course, that they thankfully keep these great books in print, meaning you don't have to be in such a huge rush to get them all. And although I've never read sales figures for any of these reprints of classics, I can only imagine that the market for them is much smaller too, which also makes them easier to get a hold of.

A shame that Forbidden Planet don't seem to have many of their books in stock though, at any one time. It means that when I do get round to buying the likes of the Complete Peanuts, it looks like I'll have to go through Book Depository, who were a bit terrible the last time I bought anything off them (year ago, mind you, so if anyone has been buying off them recently, let me know how they are).

The Bobby London Popeye book is the first in the American Library of Comics line that I've bought. Have to admit that I was a little disappointed, and surprised, to see only a short introduction in this one and no extra material at all, but I believe that isn't the same for most of them. It's a quality book though and many of their other series' are books that I hope to buy in the future, although with those too Forbidden Planet seem to either get very little in stock or they sell out that quickly, making them a bit of a pain to get a hold of.

With the Complete Zap Comix due to arrive this month also, my wallet is truly suffering. Thankfully I have a bunch of books to sell to make up for it all, otherwise I fear I'd be living on the streets with these things...
    where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
    Same country as you. Why do you ask?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tanim View Post
    I've got Megalex. It's a good sci-fi story, but the ending might be a little bit dis-satisfactory from what I can remember.
    Yup that's what I felt

spoilers:
    specially since it doesn't conclude it - even says "end of first cycle" or something like that
    end of spoilers

Same country as you. Why do you ask?
    because then you have more options to buy than just bookdepository. In fact in the last year or so BD's pricec went really high.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    because then you have more options to buy than just bookdepository. In fact in the last year or so BD's pricec went really high.
    Of course, but out of all the online stores that I know of here in the UK, Forbidden Planet are the only ones I've found reliable every time. When I was just buying trade paperbacks I wasn't too bothered by various other company's packaging - it was, in fact, ideal to be sent by BD my paperbacks in tight cardboard envelopes - but I noticed as I started placing bigger orders or orders on bigger books, that for the likes of those those company's were no longer reliable at all, the books arriving in terrible condition. Everything I've purchased from FP has arrived to me in perfect condition on the other hand, which I was why I either look to them or good eBay sellers, unless there's some other great company in the UK like FP that I'm unaware of.

Incidentally, Book Depository were the least bad for such orders, not like Amazon with boxes ten times bigger than the book you ordered, but I wasn't aware that their prices had hiked up, which is a shame...

For a UK seller, my experiences with Reed Comics have always been positive. They get in stock pretty quickly and dispatch quickly too, plus their packaging is very good.

Other then that, I don't think there are many good UK sellers that I'm aware of. I tend to use Amazon's marketplace sellers for other books just based on price...
    http://i.imgur.com/DLYnlTM.png

The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World: OOC | IC | Wikia

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamac View Post
    For a UK seller, my experiences with Reed Comics have always been positive. They get in stock pretty quickly and dispatch quickly too, plus their packaging is very good.
    Thanks for that, hadn't heard of them. They look pretty good for a few price alternatives but again - no Fantagraphics, Drawn & Quarterly, LOAC. For the record, I get completely why these don't seem to be as readily available through the bigger UK online stores as other books. Guess you just gotta bite the bullet and go with the best alternative, which in this case seems to be Book Depository and similar Amazon marketplace sellers.

Incredible Member

Thanks for that, hadn't heard of them. They look pretty good for a few price alternatives but again - no Fantagraphics, Drawn & Quarterly, LOAC. For the record, I get completely why these don't seem to be as readily available through the bigger UK online stores as other books. Guess you just gotta bite the bullet and go with the best alternative, which in this case seems to be Book Depository and similar Amazon marketplace sellers.
    I get my monthly floppies with them and can second the recommendation. If you don't see something on the site it might be worth dropping an email to them, I've not purchased anything from those publishers through reed but they've always been accommodating if I wanted to pre-order any Hardcovers or wanted any back issues they didn't have listed on their website.

Also speedyhen, prices cheaper than Amazon, packaging can be a little iffy sometime though.
    Last edited by drd; 03-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I get my monthly floppies with them and can second the recommendation. If you don't see something on the site it might be worth dropping an email to them, I've not purchased anything from those publishers through reed but they've always been accommodating if I wanted to pre-order any Hardcovers or wanted any back issues they didn't have listed on their website.

Also speedyhen, prices cheaper than Amazon, packaging can be a little iffy sometime though.
    I don't buy floppies anymore but interesting note about the asking them to stock hardcovers - I may try that in the future. And yeah, I've used speedyhen in the past. Cheap prices but quite inconsistent as you say, so I wouldn't use them for pricier books.

I wasn't aware of this being collected: DocFrankensteinv1-5867a.jpg.

It seems to be a regular paperback with a few extra pages of sketches, does someone on the board own this? Anyway I will for sure double dip (I already have the 6 floopies) as it's still one of the best series I have read in the last decade. And after 10 years at last the 2 remaining unpublished issues will be collected in a forthcoming volume 2.