Page 294 of 865 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394794 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just read The Killers trade and there's no drop off. It's just terrific storytelling, and I can't believe I missed it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Same here. Just finished the "Über Alles" TPB and I'll definitely order "The Killers" later on today. Can't wait to read more. I love how Lapham manages to coherently interweave the stories of so many characters - even more so because of the constant jumps in time. Un-put-downable!
    I bought the Uber Alles when it came out for half off, couldn't pass it up at that price.

Looks like I'll be diving in sooner than i thought....

I was always interested in Mike Allred's Madman but it seemed the books are constantly oop but maybe I haven't looked close enough because just discovered the chunky 350-450pg paperbacks. Are those collect the complete series? Also, should I start with vol 1? It seems like it collects earlier material and maybe those are a bit rough. I know nothing about the series so any advice would be apreciated.
    Also, please tell me it's nothing like Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Just finished Enigma... wow...

I never read anything like it. It was phenomenal and yet so unconventional. It's a must read, not even becasue it's good, but because yu have to experience something so unique. Highly recommended.

I've read a lot of praise for Enigma, but I read it around a month ago and didn't care for it. It was a bit too bizarre for me.

I'm curious to read Milligan's run on Shade the Changing Man, but I'll probably keep that on the backburner for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I've read a lot of praise for Enigma, but I read it around a month ago and didn't care for it. It was a bit too bizarre for me.

I'm curious to read Milligan's run on Shade the Changing Man, but I'll probably keep that on the backburner for now.
    Then don't even go near to Rogan Gosh

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Milligan´s writing is usually a little bizarre, that´s why I like him Enigma was Milligan pouring out his weirdest ideas and putting it in one book. Rogan Gosh is Milligan tripping balls
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Latest arrival:

Man, I love these Humanoids books! Gorgeous once again

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Have you started reading it yet? I'm tempted to pick it up, but I can't find reviews for it anywhere.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from BOOM!/Archaia June solicitations:

ADVENTURE TIME: MARCELINE AND THE SCREAM QUEENS ENCHIRIDION HC
    Retail Price: $49.99
    Author: Meredith Gran
    Artist: Meredith Gran
    Cover Artist: Zachary Sterling
    Thanks to a newfound interest in rock ‘n’ roll, Princess Bubblegum volunteers to manage Marceline’s paranormal rock band for a pivotal tour across the land of Ooo. But when the band is threatened by everything from snobby scenesters to beasts borne of self-doubt, can they hold it together and make it to the raddest gig ever?! Written and illustrated by award-winning cartoonist Meredith Gran (Octopus Pie) and featuring short stories from several indie comics superstars, including Jen Wang (In Real Life) and Friends with Boys cartoonist Faith Erin Hicks, this hardcover edition features never-before-seen extras, including an inside look at the making of Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens!

THE LAST BROADCAST HC
    Retail Price: $29.99
    Author: André Sirangelo
    Artist: Gabriel Iumazark
    Cover Artist: Gabriel Iumazark
    What’s to Love: A cunning and dynamic debut from writer André Sirangelo and artist Gabriel Iumazark, The Last Broadcast takes readers into the dark corners of the world where secrets await to be revealed. Iumazark’s Brazilian/Japanese-fusion indie art style brings edgy energy to every dark corner, and fans of Thief of Thieves and the film Now You See Me will find a lot that entices them.
    What It Is: Ever wonder what’s behind that “No Trespassing” sign? Travel into the hidden world of Urban Exploration with the daredevil members of Backbone, the best UrbEx team in San Francisco. When they discover a secret bunker belonging to the long-vanished 1930s stage magician Blackhall the Incredible at the same time a young illusionist receives a mysterious package involving Blackhall’s death in 1934, both groups dive into the mystery, not yet realizing it’s about the change their lives forever. Collects the complete miniseries, issues #1-7.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I finally got around to reading 1 a couple of weeks ago, was going to wait to read 2 assuming it would be a lot longer until 3 came out.
    Looks like the series is ending with issue #34 (which will be renumbered #100)

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was always interested in Mike Allred's Madman but it seemed the books are constantly oop but maybe I haven't looked close enough because just discovered the chunky 350-450pg paperbacks. Are those collect the complete series? Also, should I start with vol 1? It seems like it collects earlier material and maybe those are a bit rough. I know nothing about the series so any advice would be apreciated.
    Also, please tell me it's nothing like Deadpool.
    Madman is a whole mash up of B Movie Sci Fi and horror. I really love the first 20 issues, but they are funny, weird, and kitschy but in a good way. Allreds always good!

Madman is a whole mash up of B Movie Sci Fi and horror. I really love the first 20 issues, but they are funny, weird, and kitschy but in a good way. Allreds always good!
    thanks! I have absolute faith in Allred, I'm just a bit affraid that it's a kind of a "haha look at me how funny I am, even my tongue is out" book, a'la Marvel Now Deadpool, which I could read for like 2 issues then almost threw out the window (I know I have a strange taste and sometimes not in a good way)
    Last edited by Balakin; 03-17-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Madman is more like, "no one is looking at me and what you find funny is not my concern." Idiosyncratic and personal, campy but not commercial. David Lynch vs. Tim Burton....or Adam Sqndler.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 03-17-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Madman is more like, "no one is looking at me and what you find funny is not my concern." Idiosyncratic and personal, campy but not commercial. David Lynch vs. Tim Burton....
    sounds good, definitely gonna check it. Thanks!

Fantastic Member

does The Colossal Conan have negative sides? i mean apart from its hugeness. the size and weight kind of scare me but by God the book is beautiful, i've been pushing my hands off it for about a year now. and story-wise, do you have to have some background knowledge to enjoy it or is it new reader friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    does The Colossal Conan have negative sides? i mean apart from its hugeness. the size and weight kind of scare me but by God the book is beautiful, i've been pushing my hands off it for about a year now. and story-wise, do you have to have some background knowledge to enjoy it or is it new reader friendly?
    No issues as to the build, afaik. Mine holds up great, having read it myself and having lent it to a friend.

You do not have to have any background knowledge at all. Busiek's run often uses the same source material as the old Marvel comics, i.e. REH's stories (so if you have any of the older books, you'll recognise some stories). Plus it partly chronicles Conan's life, beginning with his youth, so you get all the knowledge you need (and that's basically just "big bad barbarian with a sword") in there.