Page 3 of 865 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    we need to somehow get kalitariks amazing post of all the oversized hardcovers somewhere near the front page on this thread.

edit: this is weeks, did a name change. can't seem to get stuff changed in my profile yet.
    Hey Weeks, welcome back. And also a welcome back to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I've been eagerly awaiting this book for months. I absolutely love Jae Lee's art. It's a shame that the binding is your typical DC mousetrap binding. Normally I'm not that picky on binding, but Lee's artwork deserves a proper binding so you can see everything. I really wish this were in OHC format. I have no idea what the story is about, but the art is just gorgeous. Can't wait to dig into it.

[]
    What book is it?

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Thanks for getting this back up MartinNL,

My EC Comics slipcase set came through yesterday, ordered from SpeedyHen and one corner of the slipcase came all mashed up. Anyone dealt with their customer service before?
    No matter what, write them, send a picture about the damage, they ought to send you a new copy. I never had a problem with their packaging (only a minor one, not worth to complain) but if I remember correctly from other's posts, their costumer service is good. But even if it's not, it is worth an email.

Welcome back y'all!!

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Thanks for getting this back up MartinNL,

My EC Comics slipcase set came through yesterday, ordered from SpeedyHen and one corner of the slipcase came all mashed up. Anyone dealt with their customer service before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    No matter what, write them, send a picture about the damage, they ought to send you a new copy. I never had a problem with their packaging (only a minor one, not worth to complain) but if I remember correctly from other's posts, their costumer service is good. But even if it's not, it is worth an email.
    I had to deal with them on one occasion and got a free replacement copy. I could keep the damaged book since it was too costly to return to them. First they offered a discount though, so just see what they offer and if that makes you happy or not. They're quite fast in responding to e-mails too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    ok, so issue 5-7 is brett booth, 8 & 9 is jae lee. the annual is jae lee, kenneth rocafort, and philip tan. 5-7 is an arc with toymaster and mongul. i bailed on that halfway through issue 6. 8 starts 'first contact' which crosses over with world's finest (which i'm not reading) and continues in 10. the annual deals with mongul and warworld, not sure if it ties in at all with previous mongul story. jae lee is on two upcoming issues, but DC has recently changed the solicits and when books are shipping, i'm not positive which ones they are.

who knows how this will all be collected. but point of everything, jae lee's art has been fantastic. brett booth not so much.
    Thanks! Hm... I love Lee's art so much that I may still have to get v2 even if they collect it with Booth's arc and the fact that I don't read World's Finest. We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    What book is it?
    Superman / Batman: Cross world.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Has anybody here ordered from Book_any on Amazon.co.uk? They offer very low prices but I'm not sure how the packaging etc. Is

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Has anybody here ordered from Book_any on Amazon.co.uk? They offer very low prices but I'm not sure how the packaging etc. Is
    you mean books_any? yeah I ordered the first Sandman omnibus from them. The packiging was nothing special (a box and an inflated plastic bag in it) but the book was 98% unharmed, it arrived in 2 weeks (which is the average USA-Hungary shipping time) and it was cheaper than any other options, so I was absolutely fine with the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    and i'm saving this space as well...

I know it's just a place holder, but that is some useful information that I'll put in to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    IST order is in! I've heard really great things about Blacksad, absolutely can't wait to dig in.

Been looking into series I might get into with FCBD coming up. Haven't heard of Blacksad, but I'll be sure to check it out now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Book-Geek View Post
    Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but seeing MartinNL's "How to Open a New Book" image reminded me of 2 things I've been wondering about...
    1. Keeping Your Books Shrink-Wrapped? - I understand why some people are inclined to keep books shrink-wrapped (either protection over time, or "proof-as-new" on auction sites), but I've always been under the impression the the plastic used in the wrap contains the same bad acids as cheap comic bags (the same applies to keeping comics poly-bagged). Therefore, isn't keeping a book in its shrink-wrap bad for the book?
    2. Dust-Jacket Protection - My local antiquarian book shop just turned me on to mylar dust jacket protectors (for Google's sake, search for brodart just-a-fold as an example). They use it for "regular books," but it seems an ideal and fairly economical way to provide better long-term protection for dust jackets of graphic novels as well (and maybe better resale). Does anybody have experience with this... or other recommendations for hard cover storage?
    I've gotten a few former library books through Thriftbooks that used protectors. They work as advertised, but they had a habit of taping the dustcover to the book, which isn't a necessary step if it's for home use. Just make sure to buy protectors meant for archival use. I believe shrink wrap does contain some acid, but I'm not sure how much or how long it'll take to affect a book. If you're really into the idea of preserving the condition of your comics then make sure to take all other steps necessary to preserve them. Avoid sunlight and humidity if possible. Store in a nice cool environment. Clean your bookshelf to avoid dust build up or possible bug infestations. A quick google would get you the info you needed, but I'm not talking from experience so you can take my advice with a grain of salt.

Back on topic.

I'm hoping to possibly pick up one or two of the Hellboy Library Editions along with one or two of the BPRD Ominbus'. I'm also interested in getting a few of the Powers Definitive Hardcover volumes. Not sure what else atm. Any advice for a guy new to comics in general? I've done all my purchases from Amazon and I've avoided receiving any damaged books, but I found some sites recently that look much more appealing.
    Last edited by danmar85; 05-01-2014 at 09:42 AM.

I've been wanting to get into Judge Dredd lately. There are a ton of stories collected from what I've seen. I also have heard that each story is pretty self contained / the stories aren't slaves to continuity. So my question is what are the best Dredd stories or collections in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I
    I'm hoping to possibly pick up one or two of the Hellboy Library Editions along with one or two of the BPRD Ominbus'. I'm also interested in getting a few of the Powers Definitive Hardcover volumes. Not sure what else atm. Any advice for a guy new to comics in general? I've done all my purchases from Amazon and I've avoided receiving any damaged books, but I found some sites recently that look much more appealing.
    You can't go wrong with the Hellboy LEs or the BPRD omnibi. They are both fantastic books. You should check out the Fear Agent Library Editions as they are some of the best books being put out right now, both in production quality and content.

I try to stay away from Amazon. The majority of my orders go through instocktrades.com

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I've been wanting to get into Judge Dredd lately. There are a ton of stories collected from what I've seen. I also have heard that each story is pretty self contained / the stories aren't slaves to continuity. So my question is what are the best Dredd stories or collections in your opinion?
    I have the first phone book that they put out (Complete Case Files), I'm not sure if that's a great one to start with. Like you said, it's all short stories, and hundreds of pages of short stories isn't the smoothest read. I haven't gotten any more of those because of that, but there's work by Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons (I think) in there. Granted, it's early work, so it's not as evolved as their more famous work. I think there might be a greatest hits collection, that might be a better way to go. You can always go completist later.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    I have the big slipcase Tank Girl hardcover, but haven't cracked it open yet. With all the cutting back on spending I've done, I will still probably never catch up to the material I have and the material I continue to buy annually.
    I've still got a pretty big to-read stack, too. I bought two or three of the more recent Tank Girl mini-series digitally when there was a sale, and I haven't gotten around to reading most of those yet. I was just excited about that Tank Girl series because Jim Mahfood was drawing it.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    You can't go wrong with the Hellboy LEs or the BPRD omnibi. They are both fantastic books. You should check out the Fear Agent Library Editions as they are some of the best books being put out right now, both in production quality and content.

I try to stay away from Amazon. The majority of my orders go through instocktrades.com
    Thanks for the recommendation. Those Fear Agent LE's look amazing. I recently found instocktrades, which I hope to order from this weekend. Cheapgraphicnovels looks really good as well except for the lack of a free shipping option, but as of now they have Powers Definitive 1 and BPRD Omnibus 2 in stock while IST doesn't so they're a good second option.
    Last edited by danmar85; 05-01-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Amazing Member

What a load of ****, first the general omnibus thread is gone and then my account is deleted as well..what the hell???
    Glad you made part 2 Martin!

Spectacular Member

Well... After looking around for a good 30 minutes, finally found out that everything has been reset by CBR (something about bad vibes in forums, wth...) and was lucky enough to stumble on this beloved thread, thanks MartinNL!
    Kind of bs that we didn't get any notice on this.

Fantastic Member

K well, getting things back on track here I guess. Let's do this again then!

Recently got all my books lumped together on one shelving unit so here's my little collection of funny book books...

Gonna need to find a bigger shelving unit pretty soon...