Page 303 of 865 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 12974
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yeah it's great. I remember when I first read it, I was like, I've never read anything like this! That said, after reading Metabarons, Weapons of the Metabarons and Castaka, it starts to get repetitive. Still great though!
    I saw Jodorosky's Dune, his humor is all over the place. How are Before and the Final Incal? Without Moebius?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    That sounds awesome! I remember hearing about the Ice Warriors and Sycorax returning at one point, and Frobisher was in Prisoners of Time. I'll think I'll pick up the Deluxe Prisoners of Time or some of the 10th Doctor books. Also, did you hear about the 9th Doctor miniseries that Titan is about to release? I hope that the 3rd, 7th and 8th Doctors get their own series/mini soon-it'd be nice to have a classic Doctors title.

Plus, I'll definitely check out cheap-comics. Do they deliver internationally?
    Yeah they ship internationally. It's not very cheap shipping but seeing as the euro is very low at the moment it's easily worth it if you buy a good amount of books at once.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

How much of the IDW Doctor Who have you read? Are there any runs or stories in particular that you'd recommend? As for Prisoners of Time, I'd definitely go for the Deluxe-splitting it into 3 separate books was just dreadful.
    These are my recommendations:
    Through Time and Space (anthology of one-shots with different writers and artists, with Martha, Donna and companion-less stories - and Draconians and Ice Warriors!)
    The Forgotten (unlike Prisoners in Time each Doctor gets only about 10 pages of story, but the ending is a complete 180 and there's a lot of fun along the way)
    Star Trek/Doctor Who: Assimilation2 (gorgeous painted art, the hardcover is amazing, well characterised characters without needing any knowledge of Star Trek whilst at the same time playing around with alternative universes. And the Fourth Doctor meets TOS crew)
    Prisoners in Time
    Doctor Who Special 2010 (there's a great story on regeneration)
    Down to Earth in Doctor Who Special 2011
    Doctor Who Special 2013 (really sweet real-world story by Paul Cornell)
    Agent Provocateur isn't amazing but it's worth it for Martha Jones
    Ripper's Curse from the 2011 series is pretty good; When Worlds Collide has time paradoxes, Nazi Sontarans and really cool art which has to be worth something

I definitely think Titan is a lot stronger overall though. It weighs itself down in continuity. In the last story, we get 12 incarnations of the Doctor, Oscar Wilde cosplaying as the Eighth Doctor, references to 1963 and... gah. The 2009 series which explored the gap between the specials (as Titan are now covering in a better way) features everything from Martha Jones, the Shadow Proclamation, and lots more that I've forgotten with entirely unmemorable companions to boot. I think IDW are better with shorter stories compared to ongoings, but then at least the stories are fun most of the time. They just don't really leave much of an impact, whereas Titan create new characters whilst still referencing the past in small ways and creating more meaningful stories.
    dw 15 c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ah yeah, also, the writer tends to use a lot of classic characters along with new ones, so it doesn't hurt if you know classic who (did I remember correctly that he brought the zarbi back in PoT?)
    There are also Rutans, the Master, the Dominators and the Quarks.

Also, did you hear about the 9th Doctor miniseries that Titan is about to release? I hope that the 3rd, 7th and 8th Doctors get their own series/mini soon-it'd be nice to have a classic Doctors title.
    The first issue was released on Wednesday. Really worth checking out, I recommend it. The plan stated on the Doctor Who Panel-to-Panel podcast is for the title to be a revolving limited series in the same vain as Princess Leia. And people did seem pretty hungry for the Eighth Doctor (although I'd like to see some War just so he isn't entirely forgotten. :P )

As for the paperback debate, only the first volume of the Tenth Doctor is listed as paperback on Amazon, the rest are hardcover.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Oh yeah, I always forgot about the Forgotten ( :P ) I always ment to check that story out. Although the hc is a bit pricey, but I think it's included in one of ther tpb omnibuses as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    There are also Rutans, the Master, the Dominators and the Quarks.
    Rutans! F..yeah! And I hope it's the Delgado Master. I really need that hc now but I won't pay 30 pounds for it.

Definitely gonna check the 9th Doctor when it comes out in trade. While 11th is possibly my Doctor (although I love them all) 9th was my first.
    And if they ever gonna do a War Doctor series I'm gonna buy 3 copies on release day! But would love to see at least one mini with every Doctor (or, I don't know a classic and new Doctor team up so the only new who fans would buy them too)

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I saw Jodorosky's Dune, his humor is all over the place. How are Before and the Final Incal? Without Moebius?
    Both are excellent, but neither are as good as The Incal. The first time I read Before the Incal, I didn't like it, but subsequent readings have really changed my opinion. It's an excellent story with the kind of wild ideas you'd expect from Jodo. I've only read Final Incal once, but Ladronn is certainly a worthy replacement for Moebius.

Oh yeah, I always forgot about the Forgotten ( :P ) I always ment to check that story out. Although the hc is a bit pricey, but I think it's included in one of ther tpb omnibuses as well.
    And I hope it's the Delgado Master. I really need that hc now but I won't pay 30 pounds for it.
    Yeah, it's included in the first Omnibus, alongside Agent Provocateur and Through Time and Space (okay so Agent Provocateur converts into a hyperlink for a lingerie site...thanks CBR, as a cisgender man who doesn't wear lingerie that was incredibly useful.)

It's Ainley rather than Delgado, unfortunately. Although if I remember correctly, the Third Doctor issue features Sarah Jane meeting Liz Shaw, and also a surprise cameo from Richard Nixon. So there may be no Delgado but the Third Doctor's era is well served.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Yeah, it's included in the first Omnibus, alongside Agent Provocateur and Through Time and Space (okay so Agent Provocateur converts into a hyperlink for a lingerie site...thanks CBR, as a cisgender man who doesn't wear lingerie that was incredibly useful.)

It's Ainley rather than Delgado, unfortunately. Although if I remember correctly, the Third Doctor issue features Sarah Jane meeting Liz Shaw, and also a surprise cameo from Richard Nixon. So there may be no Delgado but the Third Doctor's era is well served.
    some publisher (khmm..Titan ...khm) should reprint these IDW books. Or I should have picked it up looong ago.
    Also, I would absolutely read a Master miniseries (with Delgado of course, or Ainley and Delgado teaming up but sadly it'd probably feature Missy heavily if it ever gonna happen)

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post
    Do you guys think their will be deluxe editions of East of West, Black Science, Fatale vol.2, Nailbiter, Wicked+Divine?
    Hickman confirmed via twitter that EoW will get deluxe editions. Fatale 2 is taking forever but Phillips has said on social media a few times that it will happen. The others are probably safe bets as well but you never know.

some publisher (khmm..Titan ...khm) should reprint these IDW books. Or I should have picked it up looong ago.
    Also, I would absolutely read a Master miniseries (with Delgado of course, or Ainley and Delgado teaming up but sadly it'd probably feature Missy heavily if it ever gonna happen)
    I don't think that would happen for a while if ever though given Titan are placing focus on their own titles, and they haven't even released the first collected edition in the UK yet. Give a couple of years and it might happen, but I don't really mind either way. It also depends on where the rights lie. It's not a perfect comparison, but in their ten years of publishing Doctor Who graphic novels, Panini has only ever covered Doctor Who Magazine stuff. Never anything from TV Comic etc. And of course factor in demand as well, as many fans will already own a copy. If they were to release they would at least need to find a different format to differentiate themselves, like Marvel is doing with the comic-book sized Epics for Star Wars, and Omnibuses and hardcovers for the Marvel content (alongside ebooks too.)

I'd be against a Master team-up miniseries as it seems very gimmicky, unlike The Five Doctors et al. where that is focused through the protagonist of the Doctor. However it would be great to have a series which details one story for each Master, either pitted against the Doctor or not, in a similar format to Prisoners of Time (although it admittedly became a multi-Doctor multi-companion story in the finale.)

1. Roger Delgado
    2. Geoffrey Beevers
    3. Anthony Ainley
    4. Alex MacQueen (Eric Roberts would be difficult to include as his fate has been dealt with, plus I believe Fox holds the character rights hence no Eric Roberts at Big Finish, although that might not include comics as Grace was used in IDW. MacQueen may be off the table anyway as the casual reader will not know him)
    5. Derek Jacobi (Would be better as Doctorless unless we have a younger incarnation with War, but his origins are a little ambiguous)
    6. John Simm (Explore the Year that Never Was whilst tying into The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords
    7. Michelle Gomez

If it were a 5 issue series though I suspect MacQueen and Jacobi would not be used.
    CBR's LGBT Community

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'd be against a Master team-up miniseries as it seems very gimmicky, unlike The Five Doctors et al. where that is focused through the protagonist of the Doctor. However it would be great to have a series which details one story for each Master, either pitted against the Doctor or not, in a similar format to Prisoners of Time (although it admittedly became a multi-Doctor multi-companion story in the finale.)

1. Roger Delgado
    2. Geoffrey Beevers
    3. Anthony Ainley
    4. Alex MacQueen (Eric Roberts would be difficult to include as his fate has been dealt with, plus I believe Fox holds the character rights hence no Eric Roberts at Big Finish, although that might not include comics as Grace was used in IDW. MacQueen may be off the table anyway as the casual reader will not know him)
    5. Derek Jacobi (Would be better as Doctorless unless we have a younger incarnation with War, but his origins are a little ambiguous)
    6. John Simm (Explore the Year that Never Was whilst tying into The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords
    7. Michelle Gomez
    If it were a 5 issue series though I suspect MacQueen and Jacobi would not be used.
    McQueen would be unlikely, but considering that the audio companions were acknowledged in Night of the Doctor, and Charley was used in Doctor Who Legacy, some of the audio characters could appear in the comics.

I think that Panini may reprint the TV comic at some point (they reprinted some old 7th Doctor DWM material recently). I think that Titan will only reprint the popular or well-received IDW series-Prisoners of Time seems likely.

As for a multi-Doctor team up, apparently Titan are planning a crossover, which starts with their FCBD special (which I'm definitely picking up).
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

As for a multi-Doctor team up, apparently Titan are planning a crossover, which starts with their FCBD special (which I'm definitely picking up).
    Well comics are the best medium for crossovers, really.

*Except for actually having actors playing alongside each other
    CBR's LGBT Community

Got some euro books this week. Wonderful to see those complete editions in the aire libre collection of Dupuis. And also got the new installment in the Thorgal spin-off series The Early Years of Thorgal.

Latest:

"Ein Schöner Kleiner Krieg" ("A Nice Little War") is an autobiographical work, originally published in French. It's about the author's life in Vietnam just before the outbreak of the war in the early 1960s.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Got some euro books this week. Wonderful to see those complete editions in the aire libre collection of Dupuis. And also got the new installment in the Thorgal spin-off series The Early Years of Thorgal.

Oh, we had Russian version of Gibrat. Nice bat sad story

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just finished Metabarons ! David S. Goyer writes the afterword. He makes the Kirby connections, and boy does Zach Snyder's Krypton suddenly look familiar? Heavy Metal Comics published this first!?!