Page 308 of 865 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Is the Stray Bullets Uber Alles paperback along the lines of quality of the Usagi Yojimbo Saga paperbacks? Those things seem sturdy enough to last many careful readings. I'll be ordering the next volumes from forbidden planet after reading about packaging. Wordery sent volume 1 with the envelope flap glued to the pages and speedyhen sent volume 2 in a large envelope but they both have scuff marks on the spine corners and folds here and there. Probably unavoidable with massive trades but I'll see how FB do.

Never read or heard of Stray Bullets but from what I've read here it's crime/noir and I'm a huge fan of the usual stuff along those lines.
    Somehow, I hadn't heard of it until recently either. Having torn through the whole thing in a weekend, I can now safely say it's one of my favourite series ever. Highest recommendation possible from me.

As for the Über edition, it's the same format as the Walking Dead & Invincible compendiums. It survived a read through for me, but I've heard of other peoples falling apart easily. For the price though, worth the risk I'd say, considering the quality of the contents and lack of OHC alternatives.

Cheers for the reply. I think I'm going to go for it, I love noir stuff and I'm ridiculously careful when I read my books so I think it'll be alright.

Incredible Member

Latest:

Amazing Member

Hey, I'm here. Sorry about that, I was out for a few. Anyways, I can't seem to PM either. So like hmm, I'll make a few posts on here until I can do PM's. And I see a few people wanna trade that's cool. And yeah, Usagi's Special Edition is the 2 HC set from 2010 that Fantagraphics released. Which contains the first 7 volumes on 2 massive HC's. I heard that they're reprinting it again on my mom's actual birthday of all days lol. But I'm an HC collector not an SC collector. So yeah, lol. As for Usagi Saga, the first HC is out of print and I do own that and the second in HC but those aren't for trade.

Amazing Member

And is it just me, or is the New 52 better than anything Marvel is putting out? Check it out, if it wasn't for the Marvel Omnibus program being out. They'd have absolutely no sales because all of the stuff they do release is garbage currently. The only good series I seen are Elektra cause Haden is a sick writer, Look at Batwoman that says it all with Williams III, Mark Waid on Daredevil, how can you go wrong with Waid? Jason Aaron on Thor and it's still great. Rick Remender on anything is pretty nice. Cullen Bunn on Moon Knight, that's even more impressive and he's on Magneto, and Sinestro and Lobo which shockingly enough are all amazing and soon on another GL book. Plus the Sixth Gun. Bunn impresses me a lot. Because he can actually write an amazing story no matter what he touches. Besides these series I mentioned and the Omnibus program printing older material, Marvel sucks currently. In comics I highly believe DC is destroying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    Anyways, I can't seem to PM either. So like hmm, I'll make a few posts on here until I can do PM's.
    I think you have more options for what you can do after 10 posts if I remember correctly.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

That's good to know lol. Thanks

Amazing Member

Hey, can I write the stuff I have on here since I don't have a way to snap a pic? Is that allowed?

Hey, can I write the stuff I have on here since I don't have a way to snap a pic? Is that allowed?
    You can but you'd have better luck hitting up the trading thread I linked you to after your first post (especially if it's a long list).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

No, I mean all the stuff I have in general or most of it?

Amazing Member

Hmm, it looks like I reached 10 posts now so hopefully I can do more with this account lol.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

And is it just me, or is the New 52 better than anything Marvel is putting out? Check it out, if it wasn't for the Marvel Omnibus program being out. They'd have absolutely no sales because all of the stuff they do release is garbage currently. The only good series I seen are Elektra cause Haden is a sick writer, Look at Batwoman that says it all with Williams III, Mark Waid on Daredevil, how can you go wrong with Waid? Jason Aaron on Thor and it's still great. Rick Remender on anything is pretty nice. Cullen Bunn on Moon Knight, that's even more impressive and he's on Magneto, and Sinestro and Lobo which shockingly enough are all amazing and soon on another GL book. Plus the Sixth Gun. Bunn impresses me a lot. Because he can actually write an amazing story no matter what he touches. Besides these series I mentioned and the Omnibus program printing older material, Marvel sucks currently. In comics I highly believe DC is destroying them.
    I think the current state of Dc is pretty good but it's ghe first time in 3 years that I could say that they're close to Marvel in book quality. I think Marvel's power currently lies inthe smaller books like Loki AoA, Magneto, Ms Marvel etc. But I do think they lost a lot of quality by cancelling a lot of good books (Superior Foes, She Hulk, X-Force etc.) And Dc finally has more than 4 or 5 good titles out. But this isn't the place nor the time for this discussion. You and me on the parking lot in an hour, we'll finish this...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Is the Stray Bullets Uber Alles paperback along the lines of quality of the Usagi Yojimbo Saga paperbacks? Those things seem sturdy enough to last many careful readings. I'll be ordering the next volumes from forbidden planet after reading about packaging. Wordery sent volume 1 with the envelope flap glued to the pages and speedyhen sent volume 2 in a large envelope but they both have scuff marks on the spine corners and folds here and there. Probably unavoidable with massive trades but I'll see how FB do.

Never read or heard of Stray Bullets but from what I've read here it's crime/noir and I'm a huge fan of the usual stuff along those lines.
    Stray Bullets is just amazing. The art, the story, the characters, the whole thing oozes with class! Regarding the build quality, I found the book pretty sturdy (better than the Walking Dead compendiums).

Big fan of that kind of thing as well, loved the Big Damn Sin City (story wasn't always that solid but I'm crazy about the art), finished both Criminal books recently and thought it was really good (better than Sleeper IMO). But in the end, when I look at the Uber Stray Bullets on my shelf I'm just filled with good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest:

I'm assuming that HC of Low is a con exclusive? I'm not a fan of these con exclusive HC's of Images first volume of some of their series. Sure they are nice, but they never follow up so all the other volumes are TPB's.

Dear fellow posters, I know it's not a place to do such a thing, but I'm running out of ideas, I know there are few guys here who live in London and CBR community is, most of the time, very friendly. I've lost my recent job, - company has been bought, almost all employees have been sacked -, been looking for something in last 6 weeks or so, burnt through my savings and I'm really desperate. Don't have any family here, have only few friends and can't find a job.

This week has been very good for me, had interview at Monday which went extremely well and another one yesterday for Bloomberg, will be heading out for part two today, some video interview with manager from US. Lesser looks promising but it's corporation so whole recruitment process takes a long time. From what I know, if I don't get screen out after initial interviews, I'll do another interview with people from HR and after all those steps they would propose a package for me. Takes time, which I don't have.

Anyway, I have wide warehouse experience, in my most recent job I've been working as production engineer and after two years as warehouse manager - small team though, in broadcast industry. Don't want to spam topic here, if you know something just PM me please. Thanks for all your help.