Page 309 of 865 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Dear fellow posters, I know it's not a place to do such a thing, but I'm running out of ideas, I know there are few guys here who live in London and CBR community is, most of the time, very friendly. I've lost my recent job, - company has been bought, almost all employees have been sacked -, been looking for something in last 6 weeks or so, burnt through my savings and I'm really desperate. Don't have any family here, have only few friends and can't find a job.

This week has been very good for me, had interview at Monday which went extremely well and another one yesterday for Bloomberg, will be heading out for part two today, some video interview with manager from US. Lesser looks promising but it's corporation so whole recruitment process takes a long time. From what I know, if I don't get screen out after initial interviews, I'll do another interview with people from HR and after all those steps they would propose a package for me. Takes time, which I don't have.

Anyway, I have wide warehouse experience, in my most recent job I've been working as production engineer and after two years as warehouse manager - small team though, in broadcast industry. Don't want to spam topic here, if you know something just PM me please. Thanks for all your help.
    if you are desperate, try Mcdonalds. It is honestly not as bad as it seems I had waaay worse jobs (although depends on the people you work with but that can be said about any place).
    Option 2 but that requires money: move out of London because that city is expensive as f#ck!

Fantastic Member

Dear fellow posters, I know it's not a place to do such a thing, but I'm running out of ideas, I know there are few guys here who live in London and CBR community is, most of the time, very friendly. I've lost my recent job, - company has been bought, almost all employees have been sacked -, been looking for something in last 6 weeks or so, burnt through my savings and I'm really desperate. Don't have any family here, have only few friends and can't find a job.

This week has been very good for me, had interview at Monday which went extremely well and another one yesterday for Bloomberg, will be heading out for part two today, some video interview with manager from US. Lesser looks promising but it's corporation so whole recruitment process takes a long time. From what I know, if I don't get screen out after initial interviews, I'll do another interview with people from HR and after all those steps they would propose a package for me. Takes time, which I don't have.

Anyway, I have wide warehouse experience, in my most recent job I've been working as production engineer and after two years as warehouse manager - small team though, in broadcast industry. Don't want to spam topic here, if you know something just PM me please. Thanks for all your help.
    though i can't help you, i wish you the best of luck! it may sound harsh, but 6 weeks is not a very long time to look for a job, so try not to worry too much (i know, it's easy to say so if you're not in that situation). i'm sure an opportunity will pop up soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I'm assuming that HC of Low is a con exclusive? I'm not a fan of these con exclusive HC's of Images first volume of some of their series. Sure they are nice, but they never follow up so all the other volumes are TPB's.
    Yeah it's and ECCC exclusive. I like picking up these sorts of things from time to time. Got the Sex Criminals one from last year's con. They followed up with a second one for SC but of course there is the official release. It's just a holdover habit from my toy collecting days when I enjoyed hunting for exclusives. It's just something I like doing even though I know most of the time there won't be a follow up v2, and especially in Image's case, they usually release a deluxe HC anyway. At least for the creators with reputations. I just like having them. They're nice HCs.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    so, September16th was the last day of the Kickstarter campaign for the English edition of the first volume of The Wormworld Saga by the German artist Daniel Lieske. that is the first and so far the only one project i helped kickstart. some of you, especially German-speaking readers, are probably familiar with the subject. i however had known nothing about The Wormworld Saga before i came across that KS project but i was immediately won over by the magical artwork and it was quite affordable, so i didn't hesitate to pledge $25. today the book and the promised goodies (3 postcards, a map, a sticker, a magnetic button, and a bookmark) have finally arrived and they are as beautiful as i hoped. the book is quite small - only 5.91″ x 9.25″ (15 x 23,5cm) - but it works anyway (doesn't mean of course i don't wish it were bigger) if/when the campaign for the second volume starts, i'm definitely in.

more pictures here
    hey guys
    i don't know if any of you remembers this post of mine, but a couple of posters here seemed to be interested in this book, so i figured i'd let you all know. the kickstarter campaign for The Wormworld Saga Volume 2 was launched a couple of days ago. Volume 2 will contain the next two chapters of the saga and, again, some extras. there will also be new goodies, well, if stretch goals are achieved. if you regret not having been able to snag the first volume or just heard about the book now, you can get both volumes in the current campaign. 26 days left, jump right in!
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 04-15-2015 at 01:46 PM.

A quick message to notify French speaking readers who could be interested that a French edition of Doctor Who Classics vol1 can be now ordered through a MyMajorCompany crowdfunding project here https://www.mymajorcompany.com/docto...ssics-volume-1

Fingers crossed my friend

Fantastic Member

Hi guys, do you plan to buy Ronin Gallery Edition? I can't decide where to do it: today's prices are too high even at IST.

Amazing Member

I love Ronin, but Miller's hatching style during that period does nothing for me without color, so I'll probably pass on the Gallery Edition. That said, $156.00 (the cheapest I've found it) is a pretty solid deal considering you're getting the full 300+ page story as opposed to the average 150 or so in an Artist's Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hi guys, do you plan to buy Ronin Gallery Edition? I can't decide where to do it: today's prices are too high even at IST.
    If I am not wrong it's around $144 (without shipping) at FP.co.uk. My own order is being processed right now. The variant edition was not listed on their site but as it is exactly the same edition (same price) with only a different cover, I don't know which one I will get (no problem here, I love both).

Amazing Member

But seriously, The best thing I've read from Marvel in the longest time that I can possibly remember that is extremely memorable and is one of the most enjoyable series ever that ended perfectly is Uncanny X-Force. I like Rick Remender a lot. I even had drinks with him, too. He's a really nice guy. But nothing he makes currently is as amazing as that. It's basically his magnum opus. The only other guy I know who's currently writing multiple series that are really great well 2 people. Geoff Johns because well, let's face it. He's one hell of a story writer. And Cullen Bunn.

Though, I'm a big fan of Francis Manapul and Brian Buccelleto. And I've met them, too. Their work on Flash was pretty good. And their Batman's really nice. Though, I know Manapul from his Witchblade days. Gail Simone is up there, too. I love just about everything she writes. And she's super nice in person. Ron Marz, I like all of his stuff a lot. People have **** against him, but I think he's got a great style of storytelling that's more event driven then characters because the characters are immersed in the event so with that said it plays out like a movie like he did Artifacts. Which I loved all of his work on that, Witchblade, his Green Lantern was by far amazing. But no one does Kyle Rayner like he does him. It's all about styled and adaptability. Fortunately for Marz, he's able to take literal **** and make it diamonds again. He's no Alan Moore, but he's high up there. Though I wished they'd release his GL run on HC's that'd be amazing.

I do hate DC for one reason only. They don't HC everything like Marvel does. Or used to do. DC has a long awesome history of series they can HC. Like Birds of Prey from the Dixon, Simone era. Flash Vol. 03, Nightwing Vols. 01 and 02, Catwoman from the Jim Balent years. the list goes on. The only way you can do that is if you buy the newly released trades and custom HC everything yourself. Which is what I've been doing actually with Nightwing, Gotham City Sirens, and so fourth. But that **** costs a lot of money. But even more so, DC's HC's in general are just really bad. The binding is the lowest grade **** ever. There's extreme gutter-loss. On the smaller ones like the New 52 line. They're pretty good but the glue jobs are like, just bad. Pages stick together and you have to pry them open. Sometimes the spine snaps.

For what it's worth I haven't had too many problems and I own almost the entire line of the New 52. Save for one volume that I need and I have all of them from all the HC's they released. And is it just me, or does DC print dust-jackets that are too fucking big for a regular sized book? Dude that ****'s an inch off of the book size. Oh yeah and another thing about their HC's the actual black book out of the dust-jacket bleeds black ink. I know that from the Flash Omnibuses. And as much as I love the New Teen Titans and grew up on the comics and such. I refuse to open those Omnibuses I got. I borrowed my friends and **** me. The books have to be snapped in order for the **** to stay open. It's like you spent all this money on a book to enjoy and yet the piece of **** is unenjoyable cause it can't even stay open.

Just went looking for more info on the Aphrodite IX Complete Collection and stumbled across two images from Twitter (screen capped and lovingly re-upped by me)

Thoughts? I'll be purchasing this as I love a good OHC Top Cow Edition and it will fit right in with my four compendiums and the slipcases of first born/broken trinity/artifacts. But I think the spine artwork looks really cheap, it's like the artworker just slapped a random font on the spine and typed a few names.

little teaser to the Zenith Apex edition:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...-apex-edition/

New books galore. Bought way too much... They keep on releasing all these excellent books at the same time. Ah well... I finally have a weekend off so I can delve into some of these and my mountain of unread books.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Speaking about Clowes, looks like the Complete Eightball is finally ready

https://www.flickr.com//photos/fanta...58479203/show/
    Looks like it's going to be 50 very well spent euro's The binding looks a bit tight though, but we'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    Just went looking for more info on the Aphrodite IX Complete Collection and stumbled across two images from Twitter (screen capped and lovingly re-upped by me)

Thoughts? I'll be purchasing this as I love a good OHC Top Cow Edition and it will fit right in with my four compendiums and the slipcases of first born/broken trinity/artifacts. But I think the spine artwork looks really cheap, it's like the artworker just slapped a random font on the spine and typed a few names.

Cool cover.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.