Page 313 of 865 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 12974
    All-New Member

Hooray for Southern Bastards. Hope Black Science and Deadly Class will also appear in HC soon enough.

--------

First post. Hello all. Great thread, it's good to see how particular releases actually look both inside and outside so I've been visiting this thread for a while now. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yep scaled down, which is probably due to the cost of the book. Humanoids' strategy seems to be to release complete stories. Collecting 6 or 7 volumes in one book, would make the retail price quite high and fewer people would buy it if published at original size. At least that's my two cents ☺️
    you are probably right, I don't know if I would try Millennium with a higher price tag. Hopefully their strategy works and more and more people will buy their books. I'm definitely planning to get more.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    And the rest of the BOOM! / Archaia HCs:

CRIMSON VOL. 1 HC
    Retail Price: $34.99
    Author: Brian Augustyn
    Artist: Humberto Ramos
    Cover Artist: Humberto Ramos
    What’s To Love: Debuting in 1998, Crimson, from creators Humberto Ramos and Brian Augustyn, was an instant hit that resonated with fans of horror, dark fantasy, and of Ramos’ distinct art style. Now, almost 15 years after its last issue was released, BOOM! will collect all 24 issues of Crimson into two hardcover volumes that will excite Ramos’ longtime fans and attract those who are curious about his earlier creator-owned work.
    What It Is: Crimson, the beloved series by Humberto Ramos (Amazing Spider-Man) and Brian Augustyn (Batman: Gotham By Gaslight), returns! For the first time ever in the prestigious hardcover format, experience Alex Elder’s ascension from vampire victim to “The Chosen One,” destined to bring about the end of all vampires! Collects the first 12 issues of the series.
    Does anyone have more detials on this? I can't find it on Amazon, and there are no dimensions to know if this is OHC....any ideas people?

I love love love this series and am so happy to see it appear and am now super hopeful it will get a Vol. 2 to complete the series (including the back 12 and the two specials)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member

I'm eyeballing the Complete Torpedo and Eightball as my last two major purchases for the year.

Spectacular Member

East of West Year One HC solicited for July! So happy I finally get to read that series.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    East of West Year One HC solicited for July! So happy I finally get to read that series.
    Woohoo! Time to upgrade.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Fantastic Member

The HCs from Image July solicitations:

CHEW SMORGASBORD, VOL. 2 HC
    STORY: JOHN LAYMAN
    ART / COVER: ROB GUILLORY
    JULY 1 / 576 PAGES / FC / M / $100
    LIMITED SIGNED & NUMBERED EDITION $150
    The second 20 issues of the New York Times best-selling, Harvey-and multiple-Eisner Award-winning series about cops, crooks, cooks, cannibals, and clairvoyants are collected in one oversized slip-cased volume, jam-packed with extras. A feast for your senses and a diet for your wallet!
    Collects CHEW #21-40 & SECRET AGENT POYO.

THE CROOKED MAN HC
    STORY: GABRIEL HARDMAN & CORINNA BECHKO
    ART / COVER: GABRIEL HARDMAN & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER
    JULY 1 / 96 PAGES / FC / M / $19.99 / TREASURY-SIZED HARDCOVER
    An expatriate returns to San Francisco to take revenge on a former comrade-in-arms. Their battle of wills plays out against the apocalyptic mayhem of the 1906 earthquake. An epic tale of revenge from the creators of INVISIBLE REPUBLIC and HEATHENTOWN!

EAST OF WEST, THE APOCALYPSE: YEAR ONE HC
    STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN
    ART / COVER: NICK DRAGOTTA
    JULY 8 / 504 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99
    The oversized prestige collection of the First Year of The Apocalypse.
    Collects EAST OF WEST #1-15.

J. SCOTT CAMPBELL: TIME CAPSULE HC
    TEXT: RICHARD STARKINGS
    ART / COVER: J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    JULY 8 / 256 PAGES / BW / M / $49.99
    LIMITED SIGNED & NUMBERED EDITION $75
    In 2004, RICHARD STARKINGS spent Election Day with fan favorite artist J. SCOTT CAMPBELL talking about SCOTT’s first ten years in comics. Richly illustrated with black and white art from CAMPBELL's files, the conversation covers Gen13, Danger Girl, Wildsiderz, and triggered his association with Spider-Man. Also featured is a 16-page color section.

LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME, VOL. 1 HC
    STORY: RICK REMENDER
    ART: GREG TOCCHINI
    COVER: ALEX MALEEV
    JULY 15 / 184 PAGES / FC / M / $24.99
    The critically acclaimed, smutty, sci-fi, and noir first collaboration between RICK REMENDER (LOW, DEADLY CLASS) and GREG TOCCHINI (LOW, Uncanny X-Force) is finally back in print, remastered, and delivered in a glorious hardcover format.
    Collects LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME #1-3.

RED ONE: WELCOME TO AMERICA HC
    STORY: XAVIER DORISON
    ART / COVER: TERRY DODSON & RACHEL DODSON
    JULY 8 / 80 PAGES / FC / M / $14.99
    OVERSIZED (9.5” x 12.5”)
    What happens when America's Greatest Hero...is actually a Russian Spy?
    Collects RED ONE #1-2 & bonus material in an oversized European-style hardcover.

And something interesting:

IMAGE GIANT-SIZED ARTIST’S PROOF EDITION: BLACK SCIENCE #1
    STORY: RICK REMENDER
    ART / COVER: MATTEO SCALERA
    JULY 8 / 32 PAGES / BW / M / OVERSIZED / $19.99
    The all-new IMAGE GIANT-SIZED ARTIST’S PROOF EDITION series will present special artistic achievements in their raw form in an oversized format. MATTEO SCALERA’s lush line art from BLACK SCIENCE #1 is presented in glorious black and white inks with gauche washes at 11x17.

Really excited for East of West. I've been waiting for this since we got Manhattan Projects.

Separately, anyone else having trouble finding 6th Gun Dlx vol 2 on IST today? They have the Gunslinger edition but not the regular deluxe.

thanks again Kalitarix! I was just saying to a friend of mine who always tries to convince me to read East of west that I'm gonna wait for the deluxe because 100% it will happen and lo and behold!
    15 issues, seems like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks again Kalitarix! I was just saying to a friend of mine who always tries to convince me to read East of west that I'm gonna wait for the deluxe because 100% it will happen and lo and behold!
    15 issues, seems like a good deal.
    Yeah I like these big OHC's from Image. Fingers crossed for same production quality as the first Saga OHC.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yeah! Really looking forward to East of West, the Apocalypse: Year . Seems like I've been waiting for that forever.

How is East of West? What kind of comic is it?

Also kinda lame that the Armor Hunters Deluxe came out before X-O Manowar 2.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post

East of West is amazing in my opinion. It is an apocalyptic sci-fi/western set in an alternate future. If you like Hickman get it. If you don't then I don't know what to tell you. Also Dragotta's artwork is phenomenal throughout and will look superb on the oversized pages. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    If you like Hickman get it. If you don't then I don't know what to tell you.
    I haven't read any Hickman.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post

Well if it stays on schedule we'll have XO vol.2 in a few more weeks!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime