Page 316 of 865 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 12974
    Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Probably gonna pull the trigger on that Peter Pan sooner or later, good to know that no prior knowledge is required, thanks.
    Yeah Nameless is pretty wild. I love it. There is no interpretation but your own. That's why I like reading it multiple times. Each time I'm like "Shit! So this is what it was about!" I loved the one line where they were saying some odd term and a character says, "I can't believe no ones googled this yet!" Made me laugh every time.

Def snatch the Peter Pan book. Its dark and nasty but has so many touching moments and the art is to die for. Worth every penny. My guess is that even if you don't like it the book has a low English print run and if you wait a little you can sell it for a good price. Its a classic no doubt. A nice long read as well. The translation is great and it reads like literature. I wish there was more even though it is a complete story.

Latest:

Slowly working on my Thorgal collection. Since we have fixed prices for German books, I try to find cheap used copies. The three volumes above cost me about as much as a single new one.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest:

Slowly working on my Thorgal collection. Since we have fixed prices for German books, I try to find cheap used copies. The three volumes above cost me about as much as a single new one.
    I didi the same with Thorgal. Snatched the first 12 for €15 used.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

of course Cinebook is publishing this Thorgal thing in normal sized paperbacks... -_-
    I'm not a hardcover purist but it just seems wrong to me to have these european albums in standard american sized paperbacks.

Spectacular Member

Cinebook also censores nudity from Thorgal.

And nudity is big part of Thorgal. Fuck Cinebook then, censorship is such a BS, I don't understand why somebody would censor something like Thorgal.

@LordJulius - props for getting Thorgal, one of the best series from European market.

Anyone think Absolute Dark Knight will get a reprint?

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post
    Anyone think Absolute Dark Knight will get a reprint?
    With the deluxe coming later this year, I don't see it happening for a long time.

We gonna get Absolute Dark Knight Trilogy in 5 years. As previous poster said, wouldn't expect that.

I see. I think I'll settle for that upcoming deluxe edition.

The Aphrodite deluxe keeps getting pushed back. I do not have high hopes now. And Aphrodite collection was already cancelled once...as well as the Third Witchblade Compendium and apparently the Think Tank Deluxe edition.

I think top cow uses amazon like a crowdfund system. No pre-orders no book.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The Aphrodite deluxe keeps getting pushed back. I do not have high hopes now. And Aphrodite collection was already cancelled once...as well as the Third Witchblade Compendium and apparently the Think Tank Deluxe edition.

I think top cow uses amazon like a crowdfund system. No pre-orders no book.
    This one hurt the most....I was looking forward to a whole compendium of Marz/Sejic. I would have thought the sales for this would be great and warrant the release. I loved the Compendium line, they were great value at 50 issues whereas Marvel now seem to be charging the same price for 27 issues (UA Omni).
    Mixes/Contact Info: http://chojin.devour.org

Not that I now anything about this Aphrodite book but wasn't there a photo about the actual book a few pages back? One would think that's kind of a proof that it's gonna happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    And nudity is big part of Thorgal. Fuck Cinebook then, censorship is such a BS, I don't understand why somebody would censor something like Thorgal.

@LordJulius - props for getting Thorgal, one of the best series from European market.
    I once contacted them about the censorship. Let's just hope other publisher will pick up, and print it uncesored. I don't see it not happening either. There seems to be so many companies putting out quality books of Euro comics these days; IDW, Dark Horse, Titan Books/Comics, etc. and whoever is putting out that Druuna book?

Thank you for your comments.
    I respect your views.

Cinebook mission is to translate into English and to publish the
    best-sellers of European comics.
    We wish to sell them all over the world.
    Many publishers tried to do the same in the past and failed as they didn’t
    take care of cultural differences.

The book has not been censored but amended to reach the market.
    We comply with Apple’s policy, as they don’t allow nudity.

Amendments on our books have been made by authors themselves to have their
    books sold all over the world including Middle East, India and Asia (nudity
    is banned in these areas).
    It does not change at all the story.

We are proud to sell their books everywhere and to make authors and a lot of
    readers happy.
    You are free to not buy our books and to blame us.

Best regards,

Olivier Cadic
    Cinebook Ltd
    The 9th Art Publisher
    www.cinebook.com
    Last edited by Racci; 04-26-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on that Ronin Gallery Edition? Is it worth it?

It looks incredible, but the price...