Page 322 of 865 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    ...did Marvel seriously spell 'Hopeless' wrong on the spine? Jesus.
    That's funny.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    Going by the EXIF info it's a Nikon D800.
    exif info, why didn't i think of that

tnx

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    exif info, why didn't i think of that

tnx
    It's actually the lens you want to ask about for that pic. Likely shot around f/2.8 - f/4 based on how smooth the out of focus area is.

(Sorry. Can't help being the photography nerd.)
    Last edited by csista; 05-02-2015 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    It's actually the lens you want to ask about for that pic. Likely shot around f/2.8 - f/4 based on how smooth the out of focus area is.

Aleks shot it with a 50mm 1.8 set to f/4 for that shot and edited with Adobe Photoshop '14 CC on a Mac. Exif info has so much info in it that people don't realize.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post

yeah you are right, but at first i didn't think much, just wanted to say that capture was great, now this is going waay off topic

btw. nice photos you got there

Spectacular Member

Any opinion on those IDW Judge Dredd hardcovers? I got the Apocalypse War hardcover and it is nice, but I was wondering about those best of books?

Judge Dredd has always been a better idea than a great reading experience for me. There's something about those short choppy eight page segments that make it hard for me to really get into. At the same time, I'm fascinated by the over thirty years of stories of mostly high quality. I've been buying those US edition complete Judge Dredd books and I'm about six books behind at this point.

I'm thinking that those larger hardcovers might be more pleasurable and if nothing else, would look great in my collection.

EDIT: GOOD GOD, just a page back is a discussion of Judge Dredd IDW books. Sorry for the redundancy; however any further opinion would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Dr. Jay; 05-02-2015 at 06:00 AM.
    trying to be nicer

Got these books this week. Very curious about De Aanslag (The Assault) which is a (Dutch) GN adaption of Harry Mulisch' literary classic. The Swords of Glass look quite amazing and damn I don't expect Demo to be such a big book!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

They made an adaption of De Aanslag? Wow never thought that would happen. I had to read the book in 9th grade (or 7th, I suck when it comes to the American school system) and saw the movie that same year, didn't like it but the gn could be fun. Let me know how you like it.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know when Fatale Deluxe Edition 2 come out? It's been over a year now since the first one came out, you'd figure the second volume would be coming anytime soon right?

No.

No news yet. Nothing.

EDIT:

Got my Sixth Gun vol.2 as well. Hell of a book but slipcase is stiff like...deadbody, book can barely make it inside. Only 500 copies, get it while you can people. It reminds me about first Usagi volume: price on UK Amazon marketplace is just silly, like 500 quid, while second volume goes for 40, because they decided to print out more copies and I guess lots of people like me, who didn't get their copy of first one, lost interest. Bad decisions.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-02-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    No.

No news yet. Nothing.

EDIT:

Got my Sixth Gun vol.2 as well. Hell of a book but slipcase is stiff like...deadbody, book can barely make it inside. Only 500 copies, get it while you can people. It reminds me about first Usagi volume: price on UK Amazon marketplace is just silly, like 500 quid, while second volume goes for 40, because they decided to print out more copies and I guess lots of people like me, who didn't get their copy of first one, lost interest. Bad decisions.
    I should invest in those Sixth gun books, I just don't like the page/price ratio, but I love the story and would rather spend my money on a smaller publisher's books.
    Bit off topic: judging by your money spending you have a new job then?

Yeah, got something but it's boring like hell and money's ****. Hope it's only temporary, last few weeks have been pretty good for me: had 6 interviews, some phone calls. Still have two openings from interviews, one was today - second one in this place - don't really think I'll get the job but you never know, money is fantastic, they work crazy hours, but I don't have experience and I told them about it. It's up to them now.

Shouldn't have bought this book, but it's only 500 copies, couldn't resist.

All right, I'm off to see Avengers in IMAX.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, got something but it's boring like hell and money's ****. Hope it's only temporary, last few weeks have been pretty good for me: had 6 interviews, some phone calls. Still have two openings from interviews, one was today - second one in this place - don't really think I'll get the job but you never know, money is fantastic, they work crazy hours, but I don't have experience and I told them about it. It's up to them now.

Shouldn't have bought this book, but it's only 500 copies, couldn't resist.

All right, I'm off to see Avengers in IMAX.
    Good to hear (read, whatever). Even if it's not fantastic, you have some income and can buy some books. Better than nothing. Good luck with the interviews!
    Also, IMHO Avengers AoU is fantastic and anybody who says otherwise is a pagan devil worshiper! (which is probably not a bad thing, but still)

Just got West Coast Blues in the post. Had a flick through and I like the look of it. I really hope I like the style because I really want to get the Tardi's WWI slipcase

Spectacular Member

When you guys say theres only 500 copies are you talking about the gunslinger edition 2? I cant seem to find any mention of it