Page 328 of 865 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 12974

Indeed....look forward to it !

Quote Originally Posted by Are wenotdrawnOnwardtonew erA View Post
    New Aama!

MartinL can you please describe the Palookaville and how much of it is Clyde Fans? any other material contained in Palookaville?

I plan on getting Swords of Glass but maybe some description without spoilers on that one.
    Looks like she used alot of time doing painterly page work.
    Palookaville 22 is divided into three sections. Clyde Fans (part 4) is 56 pages. Then an intermezzo or something like that called Crown Barber and finally part 2 of Nothing Lasts which is 40 pages.

I'm actually digging into Swords of Glass this weekend, so I can't tell you much about it. On the Humanoids website this is the description:

In a world threatened by the imminent death of its sun, young Yama lives a relatively happy and peaceful life as the daughter of the chief of the village. But everything changes the day a sword of glass falls from the sky, just as the prophecy had announced. Anyone who touches the sword is instantly turned to glass and dies. Orland, the local lord of war, comes to take possession of the unique weapon but fails to retrieve it. In the process, Yama’s father is killed and her mother taken away. Yama, however, escapes and survives with only one thought: when she grows up, she will return to get the sword of glass, and avenge her parents. Written by Sylviane Corgiat ("Elias The Cursed") and drawn by award-winning artist Laura Zuccheri.

BTW Welcome aboard and I like your username!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 05-09-2015 at 07:37 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Are they not? In every issue there is an info how to get in some regions but it's mostly 'ask your newsagent' kind of thing. Have you tried that?
    No I haven't, that's actually not a bad idea. Thanks, gonna do that soon.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I don't understand why 'page count against price' thing it's so important for so many posters here. You pay what you think the book - or whaterver else really - is worth for you, for some people one particular book might be priceless and they'd pay crazy money for it. You pay for content not for page count.
    Well in this case it's because I'm on a very tight budget and I have a wish list of over 300 books. I'd really like to buy these books but when I have to choose between blind buying a 85 page book or a 200 page book I usually choose the 200 one. It's the same reason I don't buy Absolutes unless I can get it for less than a euro per 10 pages (so I'd buy a 500 page Absolute for €45). I simply do not have enough money. When I get rich I'll go crazy though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Well in this case it's because I'm on a very tight budget and I have a wish list of over 300 books. I'd really like to buy these books but when I have to choose between blind buying a 85 page book or a 200 page book I usually choose the 200 one. It's the same reason I don't buy Absolutes unless I can get it for less than a euro per 10 pages (so I'd buy a 500 page Absolute for €45). I simply do not have enough money. When I get rich I'll go crazy though

Don't we all?

Same for me, if I have a choice between two books that I haven't read before I'll go for the one with the higher page count. I go periods where I can't buy anything at all so it's a nice way to make a decision.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Also found out about this, might be a great addition to whole collection.

http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/zenith_slipcase
    I have yet to buy, or even read, any on the Zenith books but I already want this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Same for me, if I have a choice between two books that I haven't read before I'll go for the one with the higher page count. I go periods where I can't buy anything at all so it's a nice way to make a decision.
    Same here. Page count wins ties for me when I'm ordering and cannot decide between two books.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Same here. Page count wins ties for me when I'm ordering and cannot decide between two books.
    If I really want a book I eventually bite the bullet if I have the funds for it, no matter the page count, but it just feels strange when you pay 20-25 pounds for a Saga deluxe with 500 pages then you should pay 40-46 pounds for a MArvel omni with the same pg count.
    This price-pg count ratio is the only thing that keeps me getting some of my most wanted books like the Rocketeer slipcase ed. or DW: Prisoners in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If I really want a book I eventually bite the bullet if I have the funds for it, no matter the page count, but it just feels strange when you pay 20-25 pounds for a Saga deluxe with 500 pages then you should pay 40-46 pounds for a MArvel omni with the same pg count.
    This price-pg count ratio is the only thing that keeps me getting some of my most wanted books like the Rocketeer slipcase ed. or DW: Prisoners in time.
    Going by this comment and your avi I'm going to assume you're a fan of the Rocketeer? I've been eyeing up the Rocketeer: Complete Deluxe Edition, are you familiar with the Dave Stevens material?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Going by this comment and your avi I'm going to assume you're a fan of the Rocketeer? I've been eyeing up the Rocketeer: Complete Deluxe Edition, are you familiar with the Dave Stevens material?
    I've read it years ago so my opinion about it is not that relevant as my taste changed since then but I think the story is not as strong as the movie is. I'm mostly a fan of the movie but the original material is god as well, especially the art. The art is brilliant. Although I'm not a big fan of the recolouring.
    Waid's Cargo of Doom is excellent, basically a direct continuation of the Stevens story but with better writing (and I really mean no disrespect to the late Dave Stevens).

http://www.cheap-comics.com/rocketee...on-p-8149.html

And that Rocketeer book can be bought for about £30-35 right?

Cheers dude, something to think about. I'll definitely check it out out some point, the Waid stuff too.

http://www.cheap-comics.com/rocketee...on-p-8149.html

And that Rocketeer book can be bought for about £30-35 right?
    yupp. £33,5 was the cheapest I've seen it going for. For like 250 pages (80-100 pages are extras I think) it's a bit much I think.
    Especially when you get another similar book for like £15. (Killjoys lmtd hc. Although it didn't arrive yet, so maybe it was a scam or it gonna be in horrible condition).

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Cheers dude, something to think about. I'll definitely check it out out some point, the Waid stuff too.
    There is a Spirit crossover as well. I was very excited about it but the artist change in the 2nd issue destroyed it for me. If somebody read the whole thing, don't hesitate to share opinions pls.