Page 332 of 865 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 12974
    BANNED

Thanks to everyone for all the kind recommendations.

And as weird as it sounds, she knows a lot about sex simply because she follows video games. Dragon Age for example has a pansexual nympho and she shocked me and her mother when she talked openly about "yeah and dragon age inquisition has iron bull whos a pan sexual!"

The Incal got a new printing and is now available on Instocktrades.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well, this pretty much convinced me to buy it. I remember the Star Slammers graphic novel (those were back in the days when Marvel was doing some seriously cool OGNs), but never read it. Not sure why because it always looked cool and I was a big fan of your Thor (which would obviously come a little later).

Is this an oversized hard cover or regular.

Thanks for participating in the forum!
    The Omnibus reprints everything a bit larger than standard comics size. The book is about 8.25" x 12.25". I know that there have been slightly oversized reprints of various properties. I don't know if there's a name for the specific format, but it's still a little startling to me to see my work bigger now than it was in previous printings. Kind of cool, too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Get her 'The Complete Bone'
    Best advice so far!

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    It's just a buncha dick drawings and f-bombs guys, quit being prudes. But yeah, I don't think a 13 year old should be reading something like that unless they're super mature I guess. Or she'd just think you're weird as hell for getting it for her lol. Saga is, as great as it is, pretty much adult-only I would think.
    I was reading the latest issue of Saga yesterday and was quite amused when I got to reading the letters page. A 12 year old fan wrote in talking about how great Saga was. I couldn't help but chuckle as I was thinking about this conversation that we're having here. Brian K was quite clearly happy that he had such a young fan of Saga and responded to his/her letter like an adult. Here's my thing, I don't have kids yet but in all honesty I would never have any problems and be quite happy in fact if any of my children at age 13 were reading Saga. There's a lot of very positive messages in Saga like family, love, togetherness, peace that is WAAAAY more important than a couple instances of robot sex, naked giant, an F bomb or breast feeding. If you have more of a problem with the latter then you've definitely got your priorities all wrong. I can go on a long rant about this but I'm going to refrain myself.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I was reading the latest issue of Saga yesterday and was quite amused when I got to reading the letters page. A 12 year old fan wrote in talking about how great Saga was. I couldn't help but chuckle as I was thinking about this conversation that we're having here. Brian K was quite clearly happy that he had such a young fan of Saga and responded to his/her letter like an adult. Here's my thing, I don't have kids yet but in all honesty I would never have any problems and be quite happy in fact if any of my children at age 13 were reading Saga. There's a lot of very positive messages in Saga like family, love, togetherness, peace that is WAAAAY more important than a couple instances of robot sex, naked giant, an F bomb or breast feeding. If you have more of a problem with the latter then you've definitely got your priorities all wrong. I can go on a long rant about this but I'm going to refrain myself.
    That's all fine and all and you are right and if it would be his own kid I would say yes, if you think she is mature enough for Saga, go for it because it's a freakin' awesome story. But it's for a relative and maaaaybe it would cause some trouble in the family when the girl opens the book up at the bd party just to flip through it and granma spots a full page blowjob or some such

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    That's all fine and all and you are right and if it would be his own kid I would say yes, if you think she is mature enough for Saga, go for it because it's a freakin' awesome story. But it's for a relative and maaaaybe it would cause some trouble in the family when the girl opens the book up at the bd party just to flip through it and granma spots a full page blowjob or some such
    Just tell her not to read it in front of grandma. Problem solved.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Guys, do you think there is still a chance to get DD Omnibus by Miller for decent price - 50 quid - in UK? I've missed my chance again, price on Amazon is more than 100 now and I'm scared I won't be able to buy it for cover price. I should've done it months ago....
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-14-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Guys, do you think there is still a chanse to get DD Omnibus by Miller for decent price - 50 quid - in UK? I've missed my chance again, price on Amazon is more than 100 now and I'm scared I won't be able to buy it for cover price. I should've done it months ago....
    I remember somebody reporting it to going back to the normal price again, like a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I remember somebody reporting it to going back to the normal price again, like a week or so ago.
    Yeah, funny thing is it was me. Ha, ha, ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, funny thing is it was me. Ha, ha, ha. Ha.
    ah, alright sorry

Better hurry, I'm so glad I got mine JUST before it went out of stock everywhere. It's awesome, I'm so giddy I have it.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    It's just a buncha dick drawings and f-bombs guys, quit being prudes. But yeah, I don't think a 13 year old should be reading something like that unless they're super mature I guess. Or she'd just think you're weird as hell for getting it for her lol. Saga is, as great as it is, pretty much adult-only I would think.
    I don't see much of an issue with a 13 year old reading Saga. They know what sex is. They know what swearwords are. It's the ideal book for a 13 year old - they can be inspired by a strong, female motherly character. I read Saga at 16 without any issues. I know 14/15 year olds who read Saga without any issue. I know a 15 year old who read Blue is the Warmest Color without any issue. And I am very much against putting age restrictions on books; a panel of a comic book or a paragraph of description isn't the same as a frame of a film.

There are 13 year olds who watch 18 rated movies. Saga is pretty tame in comparison.

That said, something like Sex Criminals I'd position a little higher as a) "WHY ARE YOU BUYING A 13 YEAR OLD A BOOK WITH THE WORD SEX IN THE TITLE" shouts an angry mom at the bookstore and b) a lot of the humour will fly over their heads

It's down to the book in question, but 13 seems fine.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Please, if somebody spots it, let me know.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I don't see much of an issue with a 13 year old reading Saga. They know what sex is. They know what swearwords are. It's the ideal book for a 13 year old - they can be inspired by a strong, female motherly character. I read Saga at 16 without any issues. I know 14/15 year olds who read Saga without any issue. I know a 15 year old who read Blue is the Warmest Color without any issue. And I am very much against putting age restrictions on books; a panel of a comic book or a paragraph of description isn't the same as a frame of a film.

There are 13 year olds who watch 18 rated movies. Saga is pretty tame in comparison.

That said, something like Sex Criminals I'd position a little higher as a) "WHY ARE YOU BUYING A 13 YEAR OLD A BOOK WITH THE WORD SEX IN THE TITLE" shouts an angry mom at the bookstore and b) a lot of the humour will fly over their heads

It's down to the book in question, but 13 seems fine.
    Saga is indeed not that bad but the Sextilon issue went a little bit over the top (flying aliens doing each other with dildo's? A bit weird). I don't think it'll be a problem for her but I'm also pretty careful when it comes to other people's children. You never know how a parent will react.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47