Page 335 of 837 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435835 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 12549
  1. #5011
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    East of West is bloody amazing. If you like weird sci-fi westerns with lots of mythology involved and you like Hivkman than you're going to love this! It's very, very good.
    Haven't read Hickman, but I like western and weird stuff. The weirder the better really.

  2. #5012
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    East of West is bloody amazing. If you like weird sci-fi westerns with lots of mythology involved and you like Hivkman than you're going to love this! It's very, very good.
    is it Joe R Lansdale Jonah Hex good?

  3. #5013
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Haven't read Hickman, but I like western and weird stuff. The weirder the better really.
    Oh it's weird, so delightfully weird. From living eyeballs that act like spies to lie detector demons that replace your arm to Mao the fifth ruling one of the biggest nations of the world to a 5 year old reincarnation of the horseman of war raising a 30 year old man as his child. If you like weird sprawling epics then you'll love East of West.
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 05-16-2015 at 07:16 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  4. #5014
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    is it Joe R Lansdale Jonah Hex good?
    I haven't read that stuff but it can be compared to the Sixth gun but weirder, more sci-fi like and grander in scale. Though I'm not sure which I like better.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  5. #5015
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I haven't read that stuff but it can be compared to the Sixth gun but weirder, more sci-fi like and grander in scale. Though I'm not sure which I like better.

    picked up both the Sixth gun HC's, boy they are tall books, quite a way down my reading list but i'll let you know what i think when i get chance

  6. #5016
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Are these the only Valiant Deluxe Editions?
    - Harbinger: vols 1/2
    - Bloodshot: vol 1/2
    - Shadowman: vol 1
    - X-O Manowar: vols 1/2
    - Harbinger Wars
    - Unity
    - Quantum and Woody: vol 1
    - Archer and Armstrong: vol 1

    Want to start getting the entire valiant line, just making sure I didn't miss anything out. Thanks in advance.

  7. #5017
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Are these the only Valiant Deluxe Editions?
    - Harbinger: vols 1/2
    - Bloodshot: vol 1/2
    - Shadowman: vol 1
    - X-O Manowar: vols 1/2
    - Harbinger Wars
    - Unity
    - Quantum and Woody: vol 1
    - Archer and Armstrong: vol 1

    Want to start getting the entire valiant line, just making sure I didn't miss anything out. Thanks in advance.
    add Armor Hunters to that list, not sure how many vol 2's are out yet as i haven't received any of my preorders, and i don't know if Unity has had a solicit yet?

    and i know some people love it, but i felt Q & W has no place in the Valiant universe, it just doesn't fit well
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-16-2015 at 06:29 AM.

  8. #5018
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    I've read the deluxe editions of Bloodshot, Harbinger and X-O Manowar and really enjoyed them. Valiant have put out some decent stuff and I'll need to pick up a few more soon.

  9. #5019
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    add Armor Hunters to that list, not sure how many vol 2's are out yet as i haven't received any of my preorders, and i don't know if Unity has had a solicit yet?

    and i know some people love it, but i felt Q & W has no place in the Valiant universe, it just doesn't fit well
    Looks like Amazon UK has a solicit for a Unity Deluxe HC on June 03. Can't find anything else about it, so I'm not sure if this is legitimate or not.

  10. #5020
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Oh it's weird, so delightfully weird. From living eyeballs that act like spies to lie detector demons that replace your arm to Mao the fifth ruling one of the biggest nations of the world to a 5 year old reincarnation of the horseman of war raising a 30 year old man as his child. If you like weird sprawling epics than you'll love East of West.
    Sounds like my kind of stuff. Some nudity would be appreciated as well.

  11. #5021
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Amazon UK has risen up price for Miller's DD even it's still out of stock. What the hell?

  12. #5022
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    621

    Default

    So I used the VISA Checkout promotion on indigo.ca's website for 20% off everything in the order and decided to pick up the following.

    - 100 Bullets Deluxe Edition Book Five
    - The Invisibles Deluxe Edition Book Three
    - Saga Deluxe Edition Book One
    - Chew Smorgasbord Book One

    All for $147 CAD!

  13. #5023
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Sounds like my kind of stuff. Some nudity would be appreciated as well.
    I only read the first two trades but if I remember there is only one instance of nudity which is during child birth. There may be more in the other issues though.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  14. #5024
    Fantastic Member Thesanmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    391

    Default

    I really need to get started on my Valiant collection...some of good stuff there.
    Which of the OHCs do you consider to be 'must-haves' and which ones are skippable?

  15. #5025
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    East of West is bloody amazing. If you like weird sci-fi westerns with lots of mythology involved and you like Hivkman than you're going to love this! It's very, very good.
    It's awesome! I'm reading it trade by trade (which is hard because I hate having to wait to read it)
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •