Page 336 of 865 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I really need to get started on my Valiant collection...some of good stuff there.
    Which of the OHCs do you consider to be 'must-haves' and which ones are skippable?
    Q & W is easily missable as it doesn't connect in any way, same as shadowman, but at least shadowman is entertaining.

I can not praise valiant enough for the stuff they are putting out, it really is good, and as a connected universe it Is far better and much easier to follow than both Marvel and DC, and it really is a good time to get in on the ground floor, especially as the movies have been given the green light.

And they look great on the shelf
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-16-2015 at 12:02 PM.

I've enjoyed everything by Valiant that I've read so far. I have all the Deluxes but haven't read Shadowman as I just got it, and Armor Hunters as they decided to release it before X-O 2 for some damn reason. I'm eagerly awaiting all the volume 2s.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I've enjoyed everything by Valiant that I've read so far. I have all the Deluxes but haven't read Shadowman as I just got it, and Armor Hunters as they decided to release it before X-O 2 for some damn reason. I'm eagerly awaiting all the volume 2s.
    Just noticed X-O deluxe 1 is OOP. Welp, guess I'm going digital for these Valiant books...

I really need to get started on my Valiant collection...some of good stuff there.
    Which of the OHCs do you consider to be 'must-haves' and which ones are skippable?
    Archer & Armstrong is my favorite.

Bloodshot, Harbinger, and Harbinger Wars are a set, for the most part. Some double dipping in Harbinger Wars, unfortunately. But it's the culmination of the other two, so it's important.

X-O Manowar is a must-have. Feels like this book is meant to be their flagship title.

Shadowman isn't bad, but it is skippable.

Quantum & Woody is definitely skippable, although I guess it has a fanbase who would disagree. Totally humor based, and the humor falls flat for me. The original series kicked in after I stopped reading Valiant in the 90s, so unlike the other books, there's no nostalgia factor for me.

Bought but haven't read Armor Hunters yet. As someone else stated, other Vol. 2s need to come first.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Just noticed X-O deluxe 1 is OOP. Welp, guess I'm going digital for these Valiant books...
    wth seriously?! nooooo!! just checked and i think harbinger deluxe 1 went oop too?
    Last edited by TheYoungWolf; 05-17-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    wth seriously?! nooooo!! just checked and i think harbinger deluxe 1 went oop too?
    I think other vol 1s might be getting close, too. Could be a situation where, because Valiant doesn't command the shelf space of the big 3, they have to let one book go OOP before a new one gets release.

The lack of love for Q&W disturbs me...

I really hope it gets another printing.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I think other vol 1s might be getting close, too. Could be a situation where, because Valiant doesn't command the shelf space of the big 3, they have to let one book go OOP before a new one gets release.
    now idk if i should even bother getting the other vol 1's if i cant complete the sets. ugh this sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    I really hope it gets another printing.
    i hope so too. i cant believe they went oop so fast.

Incredible Member

If anyone is a fan of Gene Ha, he's got a kickstarter going for a hardcover GN + a hardcover collection of his indie stuff. 9 days left.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-graphic-novel

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    If anyone is a fan of Gene Ha, he's got a kickstarter going for a hardcover GN + a hardcover collection of his indie stuff. 9 days left.

Thanks! I need to keep a better eye on kickstarter.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    now idk if i should even bother getting the other vol 1's if i cant complete the sets. ugh this sucks!

i hope so too. i cant believe they went oop so fast.
    Still a relatively cheap copy of Harbinger and Bloodshot available through Amazon Marketplace. Get those and Harbinger Wars while you can. Archer & Armstrong is still available. X-O Manowar is removed from those, so you won't be missing anything if it takes a while to get your hands on that. And for all we know they may be planning on reprints. Valiant is too new to the OHC game to guess how they're handling it. I can't imagine a bunch of Vol 2s will sell well at all without Vol 1s available.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

This cracked me up
    Screenshot_2015-05-18-08-24-19.jpg
    Would be pretty awesome though. Can anyone lone me $5000?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

For my fellow Whovian forum members:
    Titan comics is republishing IDW's 11th Doctor run in tpb omnibuses (they solicited all 3 already, hopefully the 10th Doctor one are comming next):
    http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....us-volume-one/

My only problem is that I probably have to douple dip on the contents as I have the IDW deluxes but AFAIK they don't cover whole runs (?)

Also, there is gonna be a 5 part weekly crossover with 10,11,12 and the WAR DOCTOR (yeah baby!) in August written by Paul Cornell (f... yeah) but no solicitation for the hc so far (probably we gonna get it after the 3rd vlumes of the individual hc-s as the crossover is a continuation of those stories).

Just read v1 of the 11th Doctor yesterday and really liked it, much better than the 10th Doctor's book (which wasn't bad either) I only had problems with the art.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Pud, Paying For It is excellent! Great grab and a very good and informative book about the subject matter. I found myself agreeing with him by the end of the book for a lot of reasons. I love me some Chester Brown. I just reread I Never Liked You the other day. I wish there was HC of that !

I really want to grab all those Valiant books but I'm more nervous about them NOT continuing or stopping suddenly at some point after a few volumes which is the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger. Also just my opinion but X-O is amazing! I can't believe the same person wrote that and the Surrogates has
    single handedly destroyed Hal Jordan and the GL franchise. After all the glory years of Johns on GL it took less than 6 months I love his other work but damn it's like he's intentionally trying to ruin the character and its frustrating.