Page 337 of 865 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 12974

I recommend getting all the valiant stuff you can, when the movies hit, they will go through the roof, valiant seem to really have their shit together.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

They definitely do. I'm reading them all just nervous about a smaller company stopping their nice deluxe HC program out of the blue. I've seen it happen too many times now and would hate to be stuck needing the rest collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Pud, Paying For It is excellent! Great grab and a very good and informative book about the subject matter. I found myself agreeing with him by the end of the book for a lot of reasons. I love me some Chester Brown. I just reread I Never Liked You the other day. I wish there was HC of that !
    There actually is a HC edition of 'I Never Liked You', a signed & numbered edition. It's probably somewhat harder to find nowadays but I got a copy for cover price a few years ago. I think 'The playboy' is the only one of his stories that has never had a HC edition.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post

Quantum & Woody is definitely skippable, although I guess it has a fanbase who would disagree. Totally humor based, and the humor falls flat for me. The original series kicked in after I stopped reading Valiant in the 90s, so unlike the other books, there's no nostalgia factor for me.
    No kidding. I picked up the omnibus and the new OHC and they're both bad. Juvenile comic humor at best, but pretty much bad storytelling.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from the BOOM! August solicitations:

ADVENTURE TIME VOL. 6 MATHEMATICAL EDITION HC
    Retail Price: $24.99
    Author: Ryan North
    Artist: Jim Rugg
    Cover Design: Kelsey Dieterich
    New lower price! Finn and Jake finally get to have the ultimate out-of-body experience—LITERALLY. Collects issues #25-29.

HIT: 1955 LIMITED EDITION HC
    Author: Bryce Carlson
    Artist: Vanesa R. Del Rey
    Cover Artist: Vanesa R. Del Rey
    Previously a con exclusive item, this special-edition hardcover volume collects Issues #1-4 of the Harvey Award-nominated series Hit: 1955, along with never-before-seen extra content. Quantities are limited, allocations may occur.

The Archaia HCs:

BUTTERFLY HC
    Authors: Arash Amel & Marguerite Bennett
    Artists: Antonio Fuso and Stefano Simeone
    Cover Design: Scott Newman
    What’s to Love: We’ve all spent hours glued to episodes of shows like True Detective and House of Cards that explore deeply flawed and morally complex characters. In Butterfly, screenwriter Arash Amel (Grace of Monaco, Erased) brings that aesthetic to comics. Written by Amel and Marguerite Bennett (A-Force, Sleepy Hollow) and illustrated by Antonio Fuso (The Girl Who Played with Fire) and Stefano Simeone, Butterfly is a dark thriller that explores the nature of family in the uncompromising world of global espionage.
    What It Is: Butterfly is one of Project Delta's deep cover agents, no birth certificate, no social security number, a complete ghost. When her cover is blown and she’s set up for a murder she didn’t commit, she is unknowingly led to her father’s doorstep, a man she thought died 20 years ago. Trained to trust nothing and no one, Butterfly must decide whether to seek answers with the Project, or believe the man who betrayed her years ago.

FRAGGLE ROCK: JOURNEY TO THE EVERSPRING HC
    Author: Kate Leth
    Artist: Jake Myler
    Cover Artist: Jake Myler
    What’s to Love: Our Fraggle Rock anthologies were the first comics we published with our friends at The Jim Henson Company and ever since then, we’ve always wanted to tell an epic, Fraggle-tastic story only possible in comics. Now we have our chance! Join New York Times bestselling author Kate Leth (Adventure Time: Seeing Red) and illustrator Jake Myler (Orphan Blade) as they take the beloved characters of Fraggle Rock on their biggest adventure yet.
    What It Is: When the water supply of Fraggle Rock mysteriously runs dry, Gobo, Red, Mokey, Wembley, and Boober will have to journey deep into the caves of Fraggle Rock to find the fabled Everspring. Along the way, they’ll encounter spooky creatures, discover the Crystal Caves, and meet a never-before-seen colony of Doozers! Collects the complete miniseries, issues #1-4.

It's a miracle! The Aphrodite IX deluxe hardcover is here!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    The lack of love for Q&W disturbs me...
    No kidding. I've been pulling every Valiant title since the relaunch and Q&W has been consistently funny and full of charm. The redneck militia arc had me rolling. Loved the Valiant Sized Quantum and Woody issue as well. Wish Tim Siedell would do a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    How's the binding? I was going to buy it the week it was released but opted out because Top Cow's build quality in the past has been suspect.
    Last edited by Frogtown; 05-18-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

just got back from my LCS to see if they had harbinger and xo manowar deluxe. literally snagged their last copy and i was so happy (then i paid $85 and got bummed lol). xo had a little ding on the corners but if these are really out of print then it wont bother me too much.
    Last edited by TheYoungWolf; 05-18-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Fantastic Member

The last Apocalyptic edition of Wasteland showed up on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Wasteland-Apoc...1984423&sr=1-1

Can we see, can we see...

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    just got back from my LCS to see if they had harbinger and xo manowar deluxe. literally snagged their last copy and i was so happy (then i paid $85 and got bummed lol). xo had a little ding on the corners but if these are really out of print then it wont bother me too much.
    I got lucky. When I saw XO was OOP I thought I was gonna have to overpay for it but I found a new(to me at least) comic shop that had copies instock.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    No kidding. I've been pulling every Valiant title since the relaunch and Q&W has been consistently funny and full of charm. The redneck militia arc had me rolling. Loved the Valiant Sized Quantum and Woody issue as well. Wish Tim Siedell would do a mini.

How's the binding? I've was going to buy it the week it was released but opted out because Top Cow's build quality in the past has been suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Can we see, can we see...
    I got a shipping confirmation, sorry. I should have said "has been released" not "here" but I was suspicious of it's release status so I just posted in excitement. I went to the comic shop before dinner to see if they had it and while it was shrink-wrapped, it was bigger than I expected. Looks real nice.

But once I get my physical copy I'll make a better judgement because, as noted, Top Cow does not have the best track record.

Side note: I asked about the Valiant Deluxe editions. The cashier wasn't familiar with the material but the store only had one copy of Bloodshot out of all the deluxes released left.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

OK, placed by order for Locke & Key (Master Edition), Star Slammers and Grendel Vs. Shadow (the last one was against my better judgement, since I thought Shadow Year One was horribly written and overly cliche, but, man, I love me some Wagner Grendel).

Incredible Member

Thanks! I need to keep a better eye on kickstarter.
    I just stumbled on it. I haven't been on Kickstarter in a while. I got a bit jaded with Kickstarter since I backed five books over the past 18 months, and I've only received one product so far. Established artists seem to be the way to go. I'm sure Ha will provide, no problem. Everything seems ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Pud, Paying For It is excellent! Great grab and a very good and informative book about the subject matter. I found myself agreeing with him by the end of the book for a lot of reasons. I love me some Chester Brown. I just reread I Never Liked You the other day. I wish there was HC of that !
    Looking forward to it. I have like five books ahead of it, but I really do want to read it!

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The last Apocalyptic edition of Wasteland showed up on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Wasteland-Apoc...1984423&sr=1-1
    how is this series? just recently heard about it and was debating if i should pick up these apocalyptic editions. they look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    Good to hear. If you're enjoying Harbinger, once you get up to the Harbinger Wars crossover issues it would probably be best to stop and wait till you have the Harbinger Wars OHC so you can read the whole crossover together.