Page 341 of 865 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441841 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 12974

More new arrivals for me this week.

A bit disappointed in Witzend in that The Book Depository completely wrapped it in cellotape. The original plastic wrap had some holes in it, thus tearing the banner. Also the spines are damaged, which is odd since the book was packed immaculately! Let's start a dispute with them (again!) to see what they say.

All-New Member

Hi guys, I stumbled upon the term "mousetrap binding" multiple times in this forum but could not figure out the exact meaning of it.
    Could someone please enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by romeop View Post
    Hi guys, I stumbled upon the term "mousetrap binding" multiple times in this forum but could not figure out the exact meaning of it.
    Could someone please enlighten me?
    It's when the book is bound so tight you can hardly open it. And then when you open it and take your hands off the book it closes like a mousetrap. Usually occurs with glued binding, typical for DC books.

All-New Member

Thank you. I was looking for something I can see in the pictures when the term was used like the form of the spine or similar.
    But now all makes sense, I have a couple of them mousetraps myself :-)

Quote Originally Posted by romeop View Post
    Thank you. I was looking for something I can see in the pictures when the term was used like the form of the spine or similar.
    But now all makes sense, I have a couple of them mousetraps myself :-)
    Unfortunately we all have them. I just wish all books could be bound like Dark Horse do them, or Humanoids, or Fantagraphics, or Drawn & Quarterly. Actually it's DC that has the worst binding in my experience (apart from some of their omnibuses and their Absolute line of books)

Oww, Martin! I'd be so upset if my Witzend arrived like that! Although, I do wonder why the banner is a separate attachment and not part of the slipcase. Is it supposed to be detached at some point? It seems like it could get caught on another book or a bookcase and get torn off eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

A bit disappointed in Witzend in that The Book Depository completely wrapped it in cellotape. The original plastic wrap had some holes in it, thus tearing the banner. Also the spines are damaged, which is odd since the book was packed immaculately! Let's start a dispute with them (again!) to see what they say.

I saw that "Kasteel van de Sterren" in a comic shop yesterday and the art looked really great. Had to buy Loisel's "Magasin Général 9" first so I didn't buy it (yet). Also a question: how is Durango compared to Comanche or Blueberry? How would you rank these series?
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

More pics of Witzend, please.

Gotta catch up with Hans - Yans in polish - have only first integral.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Oww, Martin! I'd be so upset if my Witzend arrived like that! Although, I do wonder why the banner is a separate attachment and not part of the slipcase. Is it supposed to be detached at some point? It seems like it could get caught on another book or a bookcase and get torn off eventually.
    The wrapper is properly attached with some glue on the inside of the slipcase. I'd have preferred it if it were just printed on the slipcase though. But yeah pretty gutted with the state the book is in. Unacceptable so I'll see what BD says. They seem to be out of stock though

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    I saw that "Kasteel van de Sterren" in a comic shop yesterday and the art looked really great. Had to buy Loisel's "Magasin Général 9" first so I didn't buy it (yet). Also a question: how is Durango compared to Comanche or Blueberry? How would you rank these series?
    That's a little difficult for me to answer. I've never read Comanche, but heard good things about it. Unfortunately there is no hardcovers readily available in Dutch, so I won't be reading it anytime soon either. Blueberry I've only read about 5 volumes in b&w and they were brilliant. Waiting for complete editions (in Dutch) which are starting to happen at the end of the year. Durango I've only read volume 1 so far. Some volumes are hard to get (vol. 2 for example) so that might take me a while to read too. However based in the first volume I have to say I love it. It's quite bloody in a classic Western style setting. When the first volume was published many years ago writers of Spirou and Tintin magazines thought that author/artist Yves Swolfs was a pseudonym of Jean Giraud/Moebius. Based on what I've read on the internets this would be the top 3:

1. Blueberry
    2. Durango
    3. Comanche

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    More pics of Witzend, please.

Gotta catch up with Hans - Yans in polish - have only first integral.
    Ah that's easy. Fanta did a video

Last edited by MartinNL; 05-23-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Price for Hole of Tank Girl on Amazon marketplace has skyrocketeed like hell! Still, nothing can beat first Usagi Yojimbo, more than 500 quid. And some people think that Marvel's white whales are expensive.

@up - link doesn't work.

EDIT:

That's better, looks awesome, love design and even it's only video you can feel that heavystock paper. Shame I'm poor.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-23-2015 at 09:51 AM.

I totally missed out on The White Lama (Jodorowsky/Bess), but Humanoids announced on Facebook the book will be reprinted and available this fall, together with the reprinted edition of The Technopriests.

BANNED

The Incal is also getting reprinted!

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The Incal is also getting reprinted!
    Must be on its 10th print by now And that doesn't even include the slipcase edition and the coffee table book editions. Good for them!

Awesome haul, as always.

I totally missed out on The White Lama (Jodorowsky/Bess), but Humanoids announced on Facebook the book will be reprinted and available this fall, together with the reprinted edition of The Technopriests.

You need to get that. One of the more straightforward Jodo stories (well, in Jodo terms) with absolutely stunning art by Bess. Shame it's again only available in that small a size.

Latest books:

Damn it. Prince Valiant has given me an appetite for classic strips. So apparently I've opened myself another comic-sinkhole for my money to disappear in.

I also completely forgot I'd put in an order for Southern Bastards 2. Bit of a shame since I was planning on switching to the Deluxe editions.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 05-23-2015 at 12:05 PM.