Page 344 of 865 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444844 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 12974
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    I was thinking of picking up the Casanova HC's. I was checking the first one out on amazon and noticed that it collects issues 1-4. I have the Luxuria trade and that collects 1-7. Is amazon being wrong again or does the HC only collect half the story? Also, if anyone has any opinions on these HC's, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    The Luxuria & Gula were originally published by Image in 7 issue series. Later, Fraction took the series to Icon, where they republished the two in recolored, four-issue series. It's the same content, but condensed into less, albiet a little longer, issues. The new Image printing collected the Icon recolorings, which are superior to the originals.

I really like the first HC (the only one I have). Great quality, and it includes all of the back matter Fraction printed in the singles of both the Image & Icon series. These, I feel, are essential reading for the series. Easily the best way to read the first three stories.

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Hey guys, has anyone actually read their Hellboy Library Editions? I'm having a heck of a time with the paper material. I mean, it's high quality and glossy, but it's also picking up fingerprints like crazy. It's distracting as hell. Any suggestions? My hands are not oily or sweaty by any means.
    I had the same problem with the first half of Vol. 1. It's the black ink used for the borders. Guess it wasn't dry enough when printed. Once it switched to white borders, the problem stopped. I've had this issue with other books with black borders, so it's not just the Hellboy LE.

Quote Originally Posted by ptitjaune View Post
    And I'm pretty sure Tarantino didn't spend more than 5 minutes on it.
    That's not true.
    From Matt Wagner's AMA from Reddit.

This whole project came about as the fevered dream child of Dynamite publisher, Nick Barrucci, and Quentin's producer, Reggie Hudlin, who had known each other for years and somehow concocted this idea shortly after DJANGO UNCHAINED was initially released. Nick called me and asked if I'd be interested in co-writing such a project and I remember thinking "Pfft. Well that's NEVER gonna really happened" but agreed to be onboard should it ever come to fruition. Six or seven months go by and I'd pretty much forgotten all about it when Nick calls me out of the blue and says, "We've given Quentin all of your Zorro books. He LOVES them and wants to fly down and meet with him." Kinda surreal but a couple of days later I found myself pulling up to the gate of Quentin's house. We hit it off right from the get-go...in fact, felt like we'd known each other for years. That first meeting was not a get-to-know-you session but also a story jam. Whenever QT starts to work with someone, he likes to screen movies so that you both get in the same headspace. I was there two days and we watched two film and two serial chapters, breaking between each to hand on his patio/deck and riff on narrative ideas and character portrayals. There was a lot of "YES! I love that!" flying back and forth and we both felt a lot of creative synergy. So much so that I went back to my hotel that first night and wrote the first five pages of script in a burst of gotta-get-this-down excitement. After that, I went home and started to outline the general story. Some time later, I went back down to LA (I'm in the Portland area) and we had another story session, this time more specific. I had a bunch of motifs outlined and a bunch of questions that we needed to work out together. Whereas our first meeting had a certain party kinda vibe, this time was all about the business of the story. We were ON it. But, once again, we proved to be totally in sync and there was a lot of that same "I love it" exchange. Since then, it's pretty much been more of the same. He's been busy gearing up for his next film so all of our communication's been via email. But he loves the way the series is progressing and I've gotta agree.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Note yet but there is still hope if I remember correctly.
    Ah okay, well fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ptitjaune View Post
    Worst read in a very long time.
    Really disappointed by Matt Wagner.

And I'm pretty sure Tarantino didn't spend more than 5 minutes on it.
    Not surprised. Sadly, Wagner's Shadow Year One was awful. I've ordered his Grendel/Shadow but if this one isn't any good, I probably won't read anything more by him. Wagner was always a great writer (and artist), but there's been a few more IMO disappointments, and there's too much good stuff out there to spend money on average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Hey guys, has anyone actually read their Hellboy Library Editions? I'm having a heck of a time with the paper material. I mean, it's high quality and glossy, but it's also picking up fingerprints like crazy. It's distracting as hell. Any suggestions? My hands are not oily or sweaty by any means.

Never had that issue but I have spent time working out if I've opened two pages at once. They use some very thick paper!

Fantastic Member

I've had two main wishes for collections: Groo and the old He-Man action figure comics. Well, Dark Horse done me right on the He-Man. So, I'm adding a Jordi Bernet library. Torpedo is allegedly being collected in a omnibus, according to Amazon. There's still a lot of Bernet uncollected for American audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I've had two main wishes for collections: Groo and the old He-Man action figure comics. Well, Dark Horse done me right on the He-Man. So, I'm adding a Jordi Bernet library. Torpedo is allegedly being collected in a omnibus, according to Amazon. There's still a lot of Bernet uncollected for American audiences.
    yeah, supposed to come out sometime in July. It was pushed back from January I think. Hope it really gonna be released in July.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    It should be declared a national holiday the day a Groo omnibus is released.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

And now starts the "whether speedyhen will dispatch my TMNT deluxe or just cancel my order?" game. Anybody ordered the book from them or from wordery or bookdepository and got a despatch email?

Spotted on FP, got intrigued, somebody here has read singles? Good?

https://forbiddenplanet.com/138236-s...eid=78bf6f45fe

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Spotted on FP, got intrigued, somebody here has read singles? Good?

https://forbiddenplanet.com/138236-s...eid=78bf6f45fe
    I've read the first issue and liked it but probably won't picking this up since I've never finished the series and probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    And now starts the "whether speedyhen will dispatch my TMNT deluxe or just cancel my order?" game. Anybody ordered the book from them or from wordery or bookdepository and got a despatch email?
    Are Speedyhen in the habit of cancelling pre-orders ?

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Are Speedyhen in the habit of cancelling pre-orders ?
    they never cancelled mine but a fellow board member (Rich I think is his name) said that they cancelled several of his preorders. Although my preorders from them tend to be from the two big and his were stuff like Humanoids.
    My order status says "backordered" but that doesn't mean anything, maybe they just haven't got stock yet, alkhough on bookdepo and wordery it is not on preorder anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    they never cancelled mine but a fellow board member (Rich I think is his name) said that they cancelled several of his preorders. Although my preorders from them tend to be from the two big and his were stuff like Humanoids.
    My order status says "backordered" but that doesn't mean anything, maybe they just haven't got stock yet, alkhough on bookdepo and wordery it is not on preorder anymore.
    Yep thats me. Like I said before I usually get the big two's books eventually but for smaller publishers and print runs I tend to buy from elsewhere if it's something I really want as I've been let down too many times. I'm actually surprised I received the new Star Slammers book I ordered from them, got the Simonson signed version as well (dinted corners of course).

Oh and you NEED to watch Sons of Anarchy. It is awesome and even better if you watched the Shield because of the cameo's.