Page 345 of 865 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yep thats me. Like I said before I usually get the big two's books eventually but for smaller publishers and print runs I tend to buy from elsewhere if it's something I really want as I've been let down too many times. I'm actually surprised I received the new Star Slammers book I ordered from them, got the Simonson signed version as well (dinted corners of course).
    oh hey, you are around, just changed your profile pic they got some smaller publisher stuff in stock so maybe the learned from their mistakes, donno.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh hey, you are around, just changed your profile pic they got some smaller publisher stuff in stock so maybe the learned from their mistakes, donno.
    Yeah thought I'd give Valiant a (tiny) bit of a push as I think they are generally doing things right and telling good stories. Why don't you want to finish Sons by the way?

Edit: Sorry do you just mean the SOA comic series not the tv series?
    Last edited by Rich; 05-26-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Yeah thought I'd give Valiant a (tiny) bit of a push as I think they are generally doing things right and telling good stories. Why don't you want to finish Sons by the way?

Edit: Sorry do you just mean the SOA comic series not the tv series?
    I meant to finish both but never got around to it. With the book I wanted to trade wait but then I got fed up with the tv series. It went on too long and it had too much drama and suffering for my liking.
    I like drama and hard situations in fiction but after a while it just gets too much (same reason I don't watch GoT and wasn't really impressed by Breaking bad). SOA should have been 3-4 for seasons tops instead of 7. Absolutely loved the first 3 seasons.

I should try Valiant but by the time I get around it the deluxes gonna be oop :/

I meant to finish both but never got around to it. With the book I wanted to trade wait but then I got fed up with the tv series. It went on too long and it had too much drama and suffering for my liking.
    I like drama and hard situations in fiction but after a while it just gets too much (same reason I don't watch GoT and wasn't really impressed by Breaking bad). SOA should have been 3-4 for seasons tops instead of 7. Absolutely loved the first 3 seasons.

I should try Valiant but by the time I get around it the deluxes gonna be oop :/
    Me and my girlfriend loved SOA (just finished series 7 other week) but we watched all 7 seasons over about 5 months rather than years. I found the last episode to be quite emotional.
    I haven't tried the comic.

I strongly recommend grabbing the deluxes or the trades. X-O Manowar, Archer and Armstrong and Harbinger are all fantastic in my opinion and most of the other stuff is at least good. The quality on average in my opinion is much higher than Marvel across the board.

The quality on average in my opinion is much higher than Marvel across the board.
    that's not saying much lately. I try to spend a minimum amount of money on Marvel, just get what I really-really want (or older stuff with higher production quality) and rather buy smaller publisher's books, even when I feel like they are a bit overpriced (at least the quality is consistently high, not like the overpriced Marvbel books, which are the same crap as any other of their books).

that's not saying much lately. I try to spend a minimum amount of money on Marvel, just get what I really-really want (or older stuff with higher production quality) and rather buy smaller publisher's books, even when I feel like they are a bit overpriced (at least the quality is consistently high, not like the overpriced Marvbel books, which are the same crap as any other of their books).
    Well Ive only been reading comics for a couple of years but my collection is quite Marvel heavy to be fair. The last year or so I have started branching out a bit and have discovered lots of brilliant stuff such as Valiant (nearly everything), Humanoids (weird and interesting), Colossal Conan (which I need to go back to), Hellboy (love it), Judge Dredd and more. I gotta say though Valiant is up there with some of the best stuff I've read and I wish they got more recognition.

Spectacular Member

For those interested, it looks like InStockTrades started up another 45% off Marvel and DC sale. And yes this includes Wildstorm/Vertigo/Icon, as they're already lumped under their respective parent companies on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I finally got round to reading West Coast Blues last night. My first Tardi experience. At first it didn't seem like much was going on and the next thing I knew I was done and thinking how great it was, I was completely taken in. Going to order Like A Sniper Lining Up His Shot and the WWI slipcase ASAP.
    oh man! i'm glad you enjoyed tardi. his WWI books are some of my favorite stuff.
    formerly 'weeks'

they never cancelled mine but a fellow board member (Rich I think is his name) said that they cancelled several of his preorders. Although my preorders from them tend to be from the two big and his were stuff like Humanoids.
    My order status says "backordered" but that doesn't mean anything, maybe they just haven't got stock yet, alkhough on bookdepo and wordery it is not on preorder anymore.
    Thanks for the replies. Best to stick to the big two pre-orders, maybe.
    Hope the TMNT comes through for you.

Yep thats me. Like I said before I usually get the big two's books eventually but for smaller publishers and print runs I tend to buy from elsewhere if it's something I really want as I've been let down too many times. I'm actually surprised I received the new Star Slammers book I ordered from them, got the Simonson signed version as well (dinted corners of course).

Oh and you NEED to watch Sons of Anarchy. It is awesome and even better if you watched the Shield because of the cameo's.
    Didn't know about the signed version; was that a random thing ?

With Speedyhen it's always price vs dents; they're one of the cheapest around, usually, but books seem to have some sort of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post

With Speedyhen it's always price vs dents; they're one of the cheapest around, usually, but books seem to have some sort of damage.
    As far as I know it was for the first print of the book only. I don't know how many copies that is.

As far as I know it was for the first print of the book only. I don't know how many copies that is.
    I see; I'll have a hunt for it.
    Thanks.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

After the fiasco of Uncanny X-Force Omni I'm not waiting till my "to read pile" is completed or dwindled to order the books I want to read. I'd rather the book sit in the "too read pile" obtained at a great price than be on my "whale list" and lament not having it at the ready.

As another VALIANT reader I wholly endorse someone trying out a few of their titles. It's quality fare!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post

The entire first printing of the Star Slammers Complete Collection is signed. I signed well over 2000 copies of a print that was bound into the book when it was put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Simonson View Post
    The entire first printing of the Star Slammers Complete Collection is signed. I signed well over 2000 copies of a print that was bound into the book when it was put together.
    Thanks for the clarification, Mr.Simonson.

I will definitely be hunting one down !