Page 347 of 865 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm not positive, but I don't think these books are too hard to find, at least on Ebay, although I'm in America, so I don't search for books in the UK, so they might be harder to find for you. I know my LCS has a volume 4 on the shelf.

As the other poster replied, I don't see a lot of Dynamite reprints. But, Garth Ennis is a big deal and Boys was certainly a hit for that company, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dynamite didn't make an exception. Also, they're a small enough company that you might be able to email them and get a non-stock answer.
    I know for a fact that the boys definitive vol 1 was reprinted, i got one of them. The slipcases are ever slightly a different height, kinda bugs me

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm not positive, but I don't think these books are too hard to find, at least on Ebay, although I'm in America, so I don't search for books in the UK, so they might be harder to find for you. I know my LCS has a volume 4 on the shelf.

As the other poster replied, I don't see a lot of Dynamite reprints. But, Garth Ennis is a big deal and Boys was certainly a hit for that company, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dynamite didn't make an exception. Also, they're a small enough company that you might be able to email them and get a non-stock answer.
    The others aren't hard to get, just vol 3 for some reason. I had a quick look for a contact email for Dynamite before posting but couldn't seem to find one.
    I just don't wanna get the others than find myself in a Punisher Max type situation where I'm pondering if to pay £200 for a book so have the complete set.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    I compiled a list of lesser talked-about HC books from Image. I realize some of these may not be oversized, but if it's in the list it means I know little about it. Do any of them warrant a purchase, based on quality/build/story/art?

Glory: The Complete Saga

Godland Celestial Edition - Also has a book 2, and book 3 comes out soon.

Haunt the Immortal Edition - They never released the 2nd book of this

Crawl Space Omnibus

Mage HC vol. 1 - also has a vol. 2 available

Jack Kirby's Silver Star

Soul Kiss

Codeflesh Definitive Edition

Nightly News Anniversary Edition

Bomb Queen Deluxe Editon vol 1 - vol 2-4 also available

Skullkickers Treasure Trove vol 1 - vol 2 available, 3 coming out soon

Peter Panzerfaust Deluxe Ed - didn't actually know this existed, may pick this up. Looks like vol 2 was never released

The Sword Complete Collected Deluxe Edition - 624 pages, one of the larger Image HCs I've seen

Mice Templar Deluxe Editions

Elephantmen HC Editions
    If Codefesl is the Joe Casey book, then it's a solid read. Weird and solid.

Elephantmen is amazing, I got into it through a free first issue on Comixology and I've bought every hardcover since.

Incredible Member

My haul the last couple weeks thanks to Amazon.ca preorders and the awesome extra 20% off special at indigo.ca this month..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    My haul the last couple weeks thanks to Amazon.ca preorders and the awesome extra 20% off special at indigo.ca this month..

that is a lovely haul.

Incredible Member

It would've looked even better if my Locke & Key Master Edition Volume 1 had arrived... Alas, it only just shipped today!

Cashed in some loose change at a coinstar and now have $80 in amazon credit. Originally I wanted to pick up the second Hickman FF omni but now I'm toying with the idea of picking up a few Valiant deluxe hardcovers. I hear good things about X-O and Harbinger but both are currently OOP and a little pricey. I'm left with Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Armor Hunters, Shadowman, and Quantum & Woody. Which two are worth picking up first? Or should I still with the FF omni?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    Cashed in some loose change at a coinstar and now have $80 in amazon credit. Originally I wanted to pick up the second Hickman FF omni but now I'm toying with the idea of picking up a few Valiant deluxe hardcovers. I hear good things about X-O and Harbinger but both are currently OOP and a little pricey. I'm left with Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Armor Hunters, Shadowman, and Quantum & Woody. Which two are worth picking up first? Or should I still with the FF omni?
    I'm biased because I 'm a big FF fan AND Hickman fan, but I would buy the second FF omni if I were you. Hickman's FF pays off big time
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

Is the cover of the Guardians OHC the same film poster one pictured on Amazon, or did they wizen up and use something less... cheap?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bloodshot and/or Archer & Armstrong for my vote. That Hickman FF is likely to stay in print a tad bit longer. Also Bloodshot vol.2 has been solicited for later this year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Is the cover of the Guardians OHC the same film poster one pictured on Amazon, or did they wizen up and use something less... cheap?
    It's this one...

Archer & Armstrong is my favorite modern Valiant title. Fun, adventure, and irreverence. Bloodshot is really good. But one downside for Bloodshot is that it leads to Harbinger Wars along with Harbinger. While it's possible to follow the crossover after reading only one of the titles, you get the full effect when reading both titles. Shadowman's okay. Quantum and Woody really divides people. I fall on the "dislike" side with that one. Haven't read Armor Hunters yet, but it seems like that one is dependent on reading a few other books, some of which still haven't been released. Valiant is still pretty new to the OHC game, so no one knows if they'll eventually release reprints for the first volumes or not.

To be honest, I shouldn't buy any books, don't have enough money but can't resist. Spider-man is old pre-order, not a big fan o Spidey, although I've read Kraven's Last Hunt yesterday in english - first time was in '94 when it was published in Poland - and it's still great story. Haven't read nothing Spider releated in many, many years.

I'm starting new job next Friday, pretty good wage but hours are crazy, I won't have any free time, my commute would take like 3 hours every day - not all is bad, I'll have time to read comics in public transport - but it's worth it, plus I don't really have any choice. It's been very rought time for me, the worst in last 9 years - that's how long I've been in London - but it's getting better. Few posters here had wished me good luck and I appreciate it, means a lot.

Anyways, here's my haul.

Last edited by lvizzz; 05-30-2015 at 03:10 AM.

I would also recommend Archer & Armstrong and Bloodshot out of those mentioned. The trades for XO and Harbinger still look to be readily available, I know that's not ideal but both are really worth reading.

Good luck on the new job lvizzz!!

Here's my new books for this week.