Page 35 of 865 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135535 ... LastLast
    Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, if I like it, I'll make a beeline for Vol. 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Volume 2 has some of the best stuff in it. Love the BPRDPOF books...
    I've read random BPRD over the years, and I liked what I've read. I'm pretty sure I'm in for all four, eventually!
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

my arrivals this week. really been looking forward to andre the giant and annihilation.

formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone here recommend the Spawn Origins hardcovers? I notice there isn't a whole lot of talk concerning him in this forum..poor guy. Are the majority of the books good reads?
    I like the first 2 volumes. I remember reading the first 24 issues or so a little after they came out and was "WOWed". I've started re reading and they're not as great as I remember but still good for the most part. The books themselves are great. Great size for MCFarlane's artwork, good binding and nice cover art (no dust jackets).

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone here recommend the Spawn Origins hardcovers? I notice there isn't a whole lot of talk concerning him in this forum..poor guy. Are the majority of the books good reads?
    I really liked the Hellspawn OHC. The art was fantastic too.

I looked around for the first Spawn Origins HC and the prices are quite high...do you think Image will do a reprint?

Not hardcover-related but I need to put this somewhere.
    I had another order from Better World Books through abebooks.
    I've posted the video of Joe the Barbarian I've bought from them few weeks ago, that came wrapped in nothing but peace of nylon.
    I was hoping this one will be better, but it didn't.

Horrible, horrible packaging. It's a mirracle those two books didn't get destroyed.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    my arrivals this week. really been looking forward to andre the giant and annihilation.

Hey James. Nice haul!

Any chance of some internal pics and ones without the dustjacket of the Annihilation Omnibus on the Marvel Collections Thread? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Not hardcover-related but I need to put this somewhere.
    I had another order from Better World Books through abebooks.
    I've posted the video of Joe the Barbarian I've bought from them few weeks ago, that came wrapped in nothing but peace of nylon.
    I was hoping this one will be better, but it didn't.

Horrible, horrible packaging. It's a mirracle those two books didn't get destroyed.
    I wanted to order Essential moon knight vol 2 from abebooks because it was cheap (and I'm interested in the story of course) but I saw that Better world books is the seller
    Thanks for the warning. I had the same experience with Thriftbooks and a friend had the same with Awesomebooksuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey James. Nice haul!

Any chance of some internal pics and ones without the dustjacket of the Annihilation Omnibus on the Marvel Collections Thread? Thx.
    Seconded! Now, did anyone buy the X-Men Adamantium Collection? Could you please post some pictures? Thanks in advance!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Now, did anyone buy the X-Men Adamantium Collection? Could you please post some pictures? Thanks in advance!
    You'll find some at the bottom of this page (http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...8#.U3JfaK1_tuE). It looks amazing but the price is too high for me atm...

<Snip> <Snip>

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Seconded! Now, did anyone buy the X-Men Adamantium Collection? Could you please post some pictures? Thanks in advance!
    I saw one at my LCS. It is huge and very heavy. You can definitely kill someone wielding it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    post your thoughts on the metal hurlant volume when you read it, i've had my eye on it for a long time.
    Just finished it the other day. It's pretty much the same as the first volume. As with collections like this, you get some really bad stories, some pretty decent, and a few really good. Overall I enjoyed it. I think I preferred the space-focused stories of the first book, but if you liked the first volume, you should like this.

2000 AD store has Zenith Phase I and II hardcovers up for pre-order. If you have not read this it a great book, I got the complete collection last year and it was a great collection and it is the same size as the 2000 AD magazine so it is slightly bigger then a normal hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    You'll find some at the bottom of this page (http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...8#.U3JfaK1_tuE). It looks amazing but the price is too high for me atm...
    Thanks, man!