Page 351 of 865 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451851 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    can someone explain some of the terms used on here?

Gutter loss and mouse trap being the 2 main ones

cheers
    Gutter loss is explained in the post Victor linke to.

Mouse trap binding just means a very tight (usually glued) binding that prevents a book from staying open when put flat on a surface (DCs Omnis are notorious for having such a binding). Usually gutter loss and mouse trap binding go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Was looking at a pull list page for this week and I didn't see the B.P.R.D. 1946-1948 book, nor did I see the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus slated to come out tomorrow. Do some of those update incorrectly, or was I looking at something wrong?

In other news, I'll be grabbing Complete Pistolwhip and Remender's Venom Complete Collection vol. 1 this week.
    BPRD HC seems to have been postponed to next week according to the DH website, which is usually quite accurate. http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/Upcoming

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wagner's Shadow Year One was awful. I've ordered his Grendel/Shadow but if this one isn't any good, I probably won't read anything more by him.
    i loved grendel shadow

http://community.comicbookresources....-vs-the-Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Any opinions about this one?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...pf_rd_i=468294
    Kinda went under the radar and the amazon reviews are not too kind but, well it's Phillips...
    Can't help you here, it's been on my wishlist for some time now. I remember that FP used to have signed and numbered editions, don't think they're still available but you have to check. I love Philips' art but more recent stuff, read another Judge Dredd Hachette with his art from 90's and....it was alright, but nothing else and with some Bisley influence: it was that time when lots of people've been trying to get on Bisley train. At least I can see how his style has evolved....

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    That is puzzling, what to buy? I just read X-O Manowar 1 (great read) and started Harbinger this morning. Having orderd/preordered Harbinger 2, X-O 2 (not relevant for HW I believe). Bloodshoot 1&2 and Harbinger Wars, should I cancel the last one and what would be the best reading order actually? Some advice could help me here...
    I guess it depends what extent you're happy to double dip. Probably a blasphemous thing to say considering we're on the collected edits board but I ended up getting the Bloodshot and Harbinger deluxe editions and picking up Harbinger Wars on comixology. *Runs and hides*

Of the three Valiant books I've read, X-O was my favourite. I look forward to volume 2 and checking out the other titles.

Fantastic Member

It's always nice to return home from vacation and discover a couple of boxes waiting for you at the post office:

By the way, I don't understand, why Image choose another cover for the second book. It looks awful.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Agreed, they then maintained the vol.1 spine scheme through current.
    It's not just Image cause Marvel & DC have done it as well. I totally do not understand whose in charge and allowing these decisions. It's poor quality control.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Yes, I've been meaning to get on here today. I finished the HC last night and that was classic Grendel and classic Wagner! A highly recommended book. As I previously stated I was seriously disappointed with Wagner's Year One Shadow, but he hit it out of the park with Grendel V Shadow!

It's going to sound incredibly petty but the spine design mix-up with Elephantmen has keep me from purchasing them. I figured they would fix it after subsequent printings by now. Is that a first printing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    It's going to sound incredibly petty but the spine design mix-up with Elephantmen has keep me from purchasing them. I figured they would fix it after subsequent printings by now. Is that a first printing?
    Petty but the elephantmen spines annoy the hell out of me, I'm tempted to buy the reprints of 1 and 2 just to get matching spines, but that would be going overboard, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    not really a mix-up...that's just an earlier edition of volume 2, later printings follow the same design as the other volumes

qwert 002.jpg
    Last edited by Bewls; 06-02-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Petty but the elephantmen spines annoy the hell out of me, I'm tempted to buy the reprints of 1 and 2 just to get matching spines, but that would be going overboard, wouldn't it?
    You can buy a dust jacket through the hipflask website that matches the spine design for like six bucks. I can be pretty irritated by non-matching spines, so I was excited to see that a dust jacket was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    That is puzzling, what to buy? I just read X-O Manowar 1 (great read) and started Harbinger this morning. Having orderd/preordered Harbinger 2, X-O 2 (not relevant for HW I believe). Bloodshoot 1&2 and Harbinger Wars, should I cancel the last one and what would be the best reading order actually? Some advice could help me here...
    I wouldn't sell any of them. The Harbinger Wars deluxe puts all of the issues in reading order and saves you the trouble of having to flip back and forth between books. It also, of course, contains the Harbinger Wars issues. I don't look at it as the Harbinger Wars book being the double dip, I just look at the Bloodshot and Harbinger books as being a little pricey for just 8 issues each. Plus, I would kill me to have a bunch of Valiant deluxe books and then just a slim tpb for the crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's always nice to return home from vacation and discover a couple of boxes waiting for you at the post office:

By the way, I don't understand, why Image choose another cover for the second book. It looks awful.
    Those look nice. I've often wanted to pick up the Elephantmen books but have never gone through with it because they don't put them out in deluxe format and I have to draw the line somewhere.

Incredible Member

Question... What is the difference between IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "The Works" volumes and the upcoming IDW Collection Volumes? Are the 3 Works Volumes the original series and the IDW Collection the new series? And if so, does The Works collect the entire original series in the three volumes?