Page 354 of 865 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454854 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    My wishlist is constantly changing, everytime I think I have I sorted another Marvel omnibus starts heading OOP or life gets in the way with weddings or birthdays and I have to rejig it again.

Been planning on picking up Swords of Glass myself and I didn't realise how big it was until I saw your picture.

Is the Wormwood deluxe the book by Ben Templesmith?
    yes it is. The other Wormwood book is by Ennis and it is simply called Wormwood, the Templesmith one is Wormwood: Gentleman corpse (the deluxe hc is called Wormwood : Gentleman Corpse - The First Few Pints)
    HEllboydce already has it so he can probably give you more info about it (or at least about the build quality). I remember reading it years and years ago and really liked those few issues.

I recently started to develop an appetite for europian stuff and Humanoids has a lot of great looking books and while they tend to reprint oop material they also tend to reprint them in smaller size (I mean standard size, smaller compared to the ohc-s) so I figured it would worth to get the big first editions while I can. They are really good quality books.
    Last edited by Balakin; 06-04-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    To add to my previous post, just started to read Swords of glass and constantly drooling over each page. The story is also good so far. I think you can read the first chapter on the Humanoids website or on amazon.
    Wanted to order the X-statix omni today (it's payday) and Doctor Who prisoners of time deluxe (from cheap-comics) but instead ordered Busiek's Redhand and Wormwood deluxe. Probably gonna buy more Humanoids stuff soon. Suddenly the X-statix omni went waaay down on my wishlist (the DW deluxe is still high but I would have to order them together to make up for the shipping costs).
    Cool, I'll take a look online, thanks for the update. Also Redhand looks cool too, I love Buisek, so that's been added!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Cool, I'll take a look online, thanks for the update. Also Redhand looks cool too, I love Buisek, so that's been added!
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1232301

Reading Criminal right now and I don't understand why it's been below my radar for so long. It's frickin' amazing, like comics version of Pulp Fiction. So, so good. Love the art, love the story, one of the best series I've read.

Still gotta get the second Criminal HC...

Which reminds me, why no Fatale Deluxe Vol. 2 yet?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

The creators have confirmed it in the fall, around November. Not sure why the delay, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

Yeah, I'm reading second volume now. Love extras as well, covers look fantastic and art inspired by movies looks even better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Reading Criminal right now and I don't understand why it's been below my radar for so long. It's frickin' amazing, like comics version of Pulp Fiction. So, so good. Love the art, love the story, one of the best series I've read.
    Getting better as it goes! Loved it so much! Better than Sleeper imo.

On another topic, just received 'the Pistolwhip complete' from Matt Kindt, and while I've never read the content, the book itself looks amazing: thick paper, nice binding, same size as OHC but a bit wider.
    Last edited by Stargasm; 06-04-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Brubaker + Philips = WIN!
    Even Incognito, lot of people don't like that but I love that too, of course Sleeper and Criminal is better but Incognito is still awesome.
    Not Philips, only Brubaker but what I've read of Velvet that looked like a really cool series too.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Getting better as it goes! Loved it so much! Better than Sleeper imo.

On another topic, just received 'the Pistolwhip complete' from Matt Kindt, and while I've never read the content, the book itself looks amazing: thick paper, nice binding, same size as OHC but a bit wider.
    I love Criminal but I personally like Sleeper better. That run was just amazing.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Even Incognito, lot of people don't like that but I love that too, of course Sleeper and Criminal is better but Incognito is still awesome.
    Not Philips, only Brubaker but what I've read of Velvet that looked like a really cool series too.
    Velvet is amazing. Cannot wait for a deluxe
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member

Got these ones today...

pic.jpg
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 06-04-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Loved Incognito. I don't get why folks don't like it, either. Granted it's not as complex as Sleeper, but it's a hell of a read.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Loved Incognito. I don't get why folks don't like it, either. Granted it's not as complex as Sleeper, but it's a hell of a read.
    Second that. Loved reading Incognito!

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Oh man, which volumes? Probably some of my favorite comics right there. Be sure to check out the Fade Out and the Criminal Special Edition as well because they are great supplemental material and in the same vein. Also read Incognito, Sleeper, and Fatale from them. Such a quality creative team.