Page 359 of 865 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459859 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 12974
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

How is the book Casanova?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I bought the Master Edition of Locke and Key as a blind buy, having never read an issue of the series nor anything by Joe Hill (although I hear his dad isn't too shabby of a writer).

I cannot recommend this book enough! It might very well be the best independent series I've read in years, and I can't wait until Vol. 2 arrives.

Yes, I know I'm a little late on the L&K bandwagon, but if there's anyone else out there who hasn't read it, you will not be disappointed (at least with vol. 1)!
    but...but... I already had my plans what to buy this month....
    * sigh *

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is the book Casanova?
    It's like Fraction's and Grant Morrison's style had some wild sex on drugs and this is the end result.
    The writing style is definitely Fraction but the storytelling is crazy, sometimes disjointed, a'la GM. The art is Bá and Moon (v1 and 3 is Bá, v2 is moon) so if you like them, you gonna like the look of Casanova.
    I really enjoyed it but had to pay attention to figure out what is happening and why.
    Also, v3 ends with a cliffhanger and I have no idea when v4 is comming out.

RAT QUEENS DELUXE HARDCOVER VOLUME ONE
    STORY: KURTIS J. WIEBE
    ART: ROC UPCHURCH, STJEPAN SEJIC, & TESS FOWLER
    EARLY SOLICIT FOR A NOVEMBER RELEASE
    NOVEMBER 25 / 304 PAGES/ FC / M / $39.99 / OVERSIZED
    Collects RAT QUEENS #1-10 plus the never-before reprinted RAT QUEENS SPECIAL: BRAGA #1 plus extras all in an over-sized hardcover with a SILVER-FOIL stamped cover! A collector's dream package just in time for Christmas!

SOUTHERN BASTARDS BOOK ONE PREMIERE HC
    STORY: JASON AARON
    ART / COVER: JASON LATOUR
    SEPTEMBER 30 / 256 PAGES / FC / M / $29.99
    Welcome to Craw County, Alabama, home of Boss BBQ, the state champion Runnin' Rebs football team and more bastards than you've ever seen.
    SOUTHERN BASTARDSby JASON AARON (Scalped, Star Wars) and JASON LATOUR (Spider-Gwen, Loose Ends) gets a premiere hardcover, collecting the first eight issues of the Eisner Award-nominated (2015: Best Continuing Series) southern-fried crime series.
    Collects SOUTHERN BASTARDS #1-8

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Collects RAT QUEENS #1-10 plus the never-before reprinted RAT QUEENS SPECIAL: BRAGA #1 plus extras all in an over-sized hardcover with a SILVER-FOIL stamped cover! A collector's dream package just in time for Christmas!

Welcome to Craw County, Alabama, home of Boss BBQ, the state champion Runnin' Rebs football team and more bastards than you've ever seen.
    SOUTHERN BASTARDSby JASON AARON (Scalped, Star Wars) and JASON LATOUR (Spider-Gwen, Loose Ends) gets a premiere hardcover, collecting the first eight issues of the Eisner Award-nominated (2015: Best Continuing Series) southern-fried crime series.
    Rat Queens: YES! Finally! I wanted to read this in ages but figured a deluxe edition is inevitable.
    thanks!

also:
    STRANGE GIRL OMNIBUS
    STORY: RICK REMENDER
    ART: ERIC NGUYEN, JEREOME OPENA, & PETER BERGTING
    COVER: ERIC NGUYEN
    SEPTEMBER 30 / 456 PAGES / FC / M / $25.99
    The entire STRANGE GIRL saga back in print!

and

ABSOLUTE PROOF, VOL. 1 HC
    STORY: ALEX GRECIAN
    ART: RILEY ROSSMO & FRIENDS
    COVER: RILEY ROSSMO
    For the first time ever, the entire cult classic Image Comics series is collected in three hardcover volumes. Book one includes the first two arcs of the original series, plus never-before-reprinted backup stories and sketchbook material.

Never heard of Absolute proof before and it's not mentioned if Strange Girl is hc or not but it seems like a reprint so probably hc.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Rat Queens: YES! Finally! I wanted to read this in ages but figured a deluxe edition is inevitable.
    thanks!
    You're in for a treat, it's terrific. I'm going to double dip because I want a nice handsome deluxe edition for this.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Is "premiere" hc the same as the deluxe for Image or is it similar to Marvel's premiere type?

Fantastic Member

So here are all the HCs from the September solicitations from Image comics (yeah, yeah, I know I'm late ):

ABSOLUTE PROOF, VOL. 1 HC
    STORY: ALEX GRECIAN
    ART: RILEY ROSSMO & FRIENDS
    COVER: RILEY ROSSMO
    For the first time ever, the entire cult classic Image Comics series is collected in three hardcover volumes. Book one includes the first two arcs of the original series, plus never-before-reprinted backup stories and sketchbook material.

SOUTHERN BASTARDS by JASON AARON (Scalped, Star Wars) and JASON LATOUR (Spider-Gwen, Loose Ends) gets a premiere hardcover, collecting the first eight issues of the Eisner Award-nominated (2015: Best Continuing Series) southern-fried crime series.

THE WALKING DEAD BOOK 12 HC
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN
    SEPTEMBER 30 / 280 PAGES / BW / M / $34.99
    Who are the Whisperers? And how will their emergence affect the peace and stability Rick has built since the war? Find out in this oversized collected edition, just in time for the season premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
    Collects THE WALKING DEAD #133-144

Amazing Member

Hooray for Rat Queens!! Read the first issue and loved it, been deluxe-waiting ever since.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Never heard of Absolute proof before and it's not mentioned if Strange Girl is hc or not but it seems like a reprint so probably hc.
    I doubt that, because the HC is still available (at least on amazon.com) and it's $59.99... But still - who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    I doubt that, because the HC is still available (at least on amazon.com) and it's $59.99... But still - who knows.
    it says "back in print!" and a few weeks ago somebody mentioned that it's going oop.
    And if it's a reprint of the hc omnibus then it's weird, considering that this book was in print for like 2-3 years? And just when it starts going oop they quickly reprint it.
    Not that it's the case with everything but I can't recall Marvel doing it even with it's bestsellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    SOUTHERN BASTARDS by JASON AARON (Scalped, Star Wars) and JASON LATOUR (Spider-Gwen, Loose Ends) gets a premiere hardcover, collecting the first eight issues of the Eisner Award-nominated (2015: Best Continuing Series) southern-fried crime series.
    bit stingy, which they would wait until they had a years worth of floppies to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    bit stingy, which they would wait until they had a years worth of floppies to collect
    Not every creator is lucky enough to have their creator owned series go for a number of years before it gets canceled due to poor sales. I'm fine with it if it gives them more income sooner so they can get more books out.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post

Guarantee you that this is a mistake/typo