Page 36 of 865 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

This week's haul:
    20140514_215841.jpg
    2014-05-14 22.00.53.jpg
    Most are not hardcover but I got those Ex Machina trades for €5/6 euros a piece at my LCS discount table and I picked up the Cable trade from someone who lives in my neighbourhood and had it on sale for €4 so couldn't resist those. The Sixth gun Deluxe is amazing, and not just because the size because the story is friggin amazing. I'm now at the 8th issue and it's so great! It's like a Lord of the rings in the wild west with guns instead of rings, it captures the same feeling without feeling like a knockoff. And it's one of the those cinematic comocs I've ever read

SPOILERS
    when that guy with the canon gun shot that Thunder dragon thing I went total banana pants crazy like only the best movies can make you.
    END OF SPOILERS
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 05-14-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

A small tidbit: on their Facebook..Fantagraphics confirmed that their Don Rosa Disney series will be a bigger size then the Barks ones!

Hey, guys! Maybe you can help me with this. I'm thinking about buying that gorgeous Colossal Conan book by Dark Horse. Because of how heavy it is, I'm kinda stuck with Amazon for buying it, but I'm really afraid about the state in which the book might arrive to my country. Thing is, on IST, when you look for the book, instead of a picture of the cover, you get a picture of a brown cardboard box or slipcase, which, to me at least, looks similar to the white boxes of DC's Absolute.

My question is, did any of you buy this book from Amazon and got it inside of this box/slipcase? Because, if that's the case, my chances to get the book on good conditions are increased, since those boxes are usually really hard to damage.

Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    The current set of hardcovers are just regular size, although there is a Lock and Key Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition that is huge, I think it's even bigger than the DC absolute editions. There is also an IDW Artist's Edition portfolio featuring 12 pages of scans from the original artwork that is out this week.

Not sure about an omnibus on the horizon, but it's a brilliant series and well worth checking out!
    From Joe Hill's tumblr

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Hey, guys! Maybe you can help me with this. I'm thinking about buying that gorgeous Colossal Conan book by Dark Horse. Because of how heavy it is, I'm kinda stuck with Amazon for buying it, but I'm really afraid about the state in which the book might arrive to my country. Thing is, on IST, when you look for the book, instead of a picture of the cover, you get a picture of a brown cardboard box or slipcase, which, to me at least, looks similar to the white boxes of DC's Absolute.

My question is, did any of you buy this book from Amazon and got it inside of this box/slipcase? Because, if that's the case, my chances to get the book on good conditions are increased, since those boxes are usually really hard to damage.

Thanks!
    Sorry the book is just huge, not in a slipcase. I hope you manage to get it unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post

Thanks!
    Got mine from Amazon, it was plastic wrapped to a piece of cardboard and arrived unscathed. It was a thicker cardboard box than usual too. If it gets damaged you can always get a replacement, Amazon are very good like that. Last Omnibus I got from them, Uncanny Xforce, came with plastic air bags and had no damage.

Spectacular Member

Hi guys,

I'm currently tracking down the Hellboy Library editions and for the third volume I'm kind of hitting a wall price-wise...
    The only "good deal" I could find was on Amazon UK Market Place, from Books2anywhereUS. Any thoughts on the packaging from these guys? Or maybe just saw a better deal elsewhere?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm currently tracking down the Hellboy Library editions and for the third volume I'm kind of hitting a wall price-wise...
    The only "good deal" I could find was on Amazon UK Market Place, from Books2anywhereUS. Any thoughts on the packaging from these guys? Or maybe just saw a better deal elsewhere?

Thanks!
    I've ordered the Return of Bruce Wayne deluxe edition from them last month, but I can't remember how was the packaging. So I think it must have been OK.(I think it was in a nylon bag attached to a piece of cardboard, but I'm not sure)

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Why don't you get it through cheap-comics.com in the Netherlands? Decent price at €29.95, no worries about packaging and fast delivery. And it's in stock!

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the return on the packaging Balakin!

Thanks for the heads-up Martin, I might go with cheap-comics. If I order both the 3rd and 4th volume I split the cost of the delivery, otherwise it's pretty expensive. But I'd rather pay a few more euros and have a nice packaging. Especially considering that the 1st volume from Amazon.com came in pretty damaged...

Are we talking about Hellboy Library 3? Cause i can't find it on cheap-comics
    a far as i can see the price is more/less the same everywhere, and in stock
    Last edited by maeda; 05-15-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Are we talking about Hellboy Library 3? Cause i can't find it on cheap-comics
    a far as i can see the price is more/less the same everywhere, and in stock
    Just bought it with the Vol. 4 and they're not in stock anymore. Either I got the last ones or it was a mistake and I'll get a cancelation email soon enough.

Just bought it with the Vol. 4 and they're not in stock anymore. Either I got the last ones or it was a mistake and I'll get a cancelation email soon enough.
    aha, hope you got the last ones than.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I have the Hellspawn one. It's pretty good, I mostly bought it for the Ashley Wood art, I think part of it is written by Bendis too.
    This was one of the few Bendis tales I did not like, although the art is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    2000 AD store has Zenith Phase I and II hardcovers up for pre-order. If you have not read this it a great book, I got the complete collection last year and it was a great collection and it is the same size as the 2000 AD magazine so it is slightly bigger then a normal hardcover.
    Has there been any word on whether they'll re-release the complete collection?
    Are the Phase one and two HCs new and will there be a 3 and 4?
    I read this years and years ago - I actually had to track down the original 2000 AD Magazines to read Vol. 4 and loved it.
    I'd definitely like to add something like this to my collection.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Why don't you get it through cheap-comics.com in the Netherlands? Decent price at €29.95, no worries about packaging and fast delivery. And it's in stock!
    fast is not a small word... two ours after the order I got a confirmation email saying that my package should arrive on monday! Expensive but the service seems pretty good!