Page 360 of 865 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460860 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Guarantee you that this is a mistake/typo
    Are we sure? It specifically doesn't state that it's not a Deluxe. It seems like it's a regular hardcover for some reason, and also doesn't list it as Oversized but Rat Queens does... I may cancel my preorder if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Is "premiere" hc the same as the deluxe for Image or is it similar to Marvel's premiere type?
    Actually, Image's deluxes don't necessarily say "deluxe" in the cover. The Lazarus deluxe is called "The First Collection", while Sex Criminals is "Big Hard"... So... who knows. Amazon lists it as a "Deluxe Edition", though, so it'll probably end up being an OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Actually, Image's deluxes don't necessarily say "deluxe" in the cover. The Lazarus deluxe is called "The First Collection", while Sex Criminals is "Big Hard"... So... who knows. Amazon lists it as a "Deluxe Edition", though, so it'll probably end up being an OHC.
    I can' imagine nobody said when they named this book "hey, you know maybe it's gonna be confusing because Marvel was calling their regular hc-s premier hardcovers in the last 15 years"

Guarantee you that this is a mistake/typo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Are we sure? It specifically doesn't state that it's not a Deluxe. It seems like it's a regular hardcover for some reason, and also doesn't list it as Oversized but Rat Queens does... I may cancel my preorder if this is the case.
    Actually, no, I think I'm wrong. For some reason I was thinking that the series was on issue 12 by now (but issue 9 comes out this week), and the first 8 issues cover the first two arcs. It would make sense to collect those, although it's gonna be a small "deluxe" unless there's a lot of extras in it.

Actually, no, I think I'm wrong. For some reason I was thinking that the series was on issue 12 by now (but issue 9 comes out this week), and the first 8 issues cover the first two arcs. It would make sense to collect those, although it's gonna be a small "deluxe" unless there's a lot of extras in it.
    Still seems a bit pricey for an eight issue collection even more so if it a regular sized edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Not every creator is lucky enough to have their creator owned series go for a number of years before it gets canceled due to poor sales. I'm fine with it if it gives them more income sooner so they can get more books out.
    This is the issue I have with smaller titles, I really want to support them and buy regularly, sometimes single issues some times trades. But I prefer reading a whole story in one go, but if I don't support them they might not get to tell the whole story if I don't support them...

I bought the Master Edition of Locke and Key as a blind buy, having never read an issue of the series nor anything by Joe Hill (although I hear his dad isn't too shabby of a writer).

I cannot recommend this book enough! It might very well be the best independent series I've read in years, and I can't wait until Vol. 2 arrives.

Yes, I know I'm a little late on the L&K bandwagon, but if there's anyone else out there who hasn't read it, you will not be disappointed (at least with vol. 1)!
    I picked up the first collection during a Comixology sale and loved it, went out and bought all the hardcovers. . . now I'm tempted to upgrade them all to these bigger collections.

All-New Member

Speaking of Image deluxes, still waiting on Peter Panzerfaust Vol 2 and The Manhattan Projects Vol 2

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Has any one at any point had, or still have the IDW issue Star Trek Stardate HC collection? It's two volumes in and wondering if they'll be a third.

The gimmick of the collection sounds like it's placing all collected ST stories into sequential order based on Stardate, regardless of the publisher. So it seems to start with stories about Pike that Marvel did called Early Voyages and then in theory move into stories Dell did but those could be inter spliced with Kirk tales from DC/Marvel or IDW even.

Anyone?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Still seems a bit pricey for an eight issue collection even more so if it a regular sized edition.
    Yes and no. There's a couple ways to look at it. The series so far has been released in two tpbs. That's actually how I read it and I got each half off, so I bet I paid about $10 altogether for 8 issues.

Now, that said, you appear interested in the hardcover. That's $30 for 8 issues, which is $3.75 each. Cover price on the floppies is $3.50, or 28.

Now, if you hit up CGN, you can probably get the book for $15 during the first week it comes out, so that's now less than $2 a floppy.

It's all perspective, really.

That said, I would not pay $30 for the 8 issue. I would pay $15.

Yes and no. There's a couple ways to look at it. The series so far has been released in two tpbs. That's actually how I read it and I got each half off, so I bet I paid about $10 altogether for 8 issues.

Now, that said, you appear interested in the hardcover. That's $30 for 8 issues, which is $3.75 each. Cover price on the floppies is $3.50, or 28.

Now, if you hit up CGN, you can probably get the book for $15 during the first week it comes out, so that's now less than $2 a floppy.

It's all perspective, really.

That said, I would not pay $30 for the 8 issue. I would pay $15.
    I was speaking comparatively rather than literally, in the UK especially a like for like comparison has trades beating comics all the time. A $3.99 comic is anything from £2.85 - £3.15 while most trades can be found for 20-30% off cover price. So buying the comics would cost £22.80 at the lowest comic price and the trade without discount would be £20ish and with around £15, so a decent saving.

But what I was getting at is that this book looks to be regular sized opposed to the larger size of a lot of hard covers, a few issues lighter and when you compare it to the price of the trades a significant mark up.

I think it is the combination of these things that make it look and feel more expensive than other comparable books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I was speaking comparatively rather than literally, in the UK especially a like for like comparison has trades beating comics all the time. A $3.99 comic is anything from £2.85 - £3.15 while most trades can be found for 20-30% off cover price. So buying the comics would cost £22.80 at the lowest comic price and the trade without discount would be £20ish and with around £15, so a decent saving.

But what I was getting at is that this book looks to be regular sized opposed to the larger size of a lot of hard covers, a few issues lighter and when you compare it to the price of the trades a significant mark up.

I think it is the combination of these things that make it look and feel more expensive than other comparable books.

yes, I agree. There are a lot of other deluxes where you get a better "bang for your buck." It should in my opinion have a cheaper price tag on it.

yes, I agree. There are a lot of other deluxes where you get a better "bang for your buck." It should in my opinion have a cheaper price tag on it.
    I'm still going to buy it though, sucker than I am. :/

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It's like Fraction's and Grant Morrison's style had some wild sex on drugs and this is the end result.
    The writing style is definitely Fraction but the storytelling is crazy, sometimes disjointed, a'la GM. The art is Bá and Moon (v1 and 3 is Bá, v2 is moon) so if you like them, you gonna like the look of Casanova.
    I really enjoyed it but had to pay attention to figure out what is happening and why.
    Also, v3 ends with a cliffhanger and I have no idea when v4 is comming out.
    I only know Fractions terrific Hawkeye series and I just got Daytripper. Is Casanova a must read?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I only know Fractions terrific Hawkeye series and I just got Daytripper. Is Casanova a must read?
    It really depends on your taste. It's crazy whacky sci-fi adventure with lot of sex and genitals (but cartoony of course). Not a must read like Daytripper (but what is like that?) but I'm glad I have the deluxes and gonna have the rest when they came out.