Page 37 of 865 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This was one of the few Bendis tales I did not like, although the art is beautiful.

Has there been any word on whether they'll re-release the complete collection?
    Are the Phase one and two HCs new and will there be a 3 and 4?
    I read this years and years ago - I actually had to track down the original 2000 AD Magazines to read Vol. 4 and loved it.
    I'd definitely like to add something like this to my collection.
    The hardcover complete was a limited one time printing of 1000 copies and was very expensive so I would be surprised to see the complete collection again any time soon. As for the Phase I and II hardcovers they are both new Phase I is set to come out in October and Phase II is December they are both up on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk for pre-order. Phase III and IV have not been announced yet but I do not see why they would stop after just Phase I and II. It seems whatever the legal issue was with the book is cleared up as the complete edition got released without any legal issues coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    The hardcover complete was a limited one time printing of 1000 copies and was very expensive so I would be surprised to see the complete collection again any time soon. As for the Phase I and II hardcovers they are both new Phase I is set to come out in October and Phase II is December they are both up on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk for pre-order. Phase III and IV have not been announced yet but I do not see why they would stop after just Phase I and II. It seems whatever the legal issue was with the book is cleared up as the complete edition got released without any legal issues coming up.
    I heard or read somewhere that the limited, complete collection was a one time thing but they cleared out the legal issues after that (I think they saw how succesful the lmtd hc was) and announced all 4 phases, but only 1 and 2 was solicited (if I'm not mistaken 3 and 4 should come around spring).

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Got mine from Amazon, it was plastic wrapped to a piece of cardboard and arrived unscathed. It was a thicker cardboard box than usual too. If it gets damaged you can always get a replacement, Amazon are very good like that. Last Omnibus I got from them, Uncanny Xforce, came with plastic air bags and had no damage.
    Thanks guys for your answers... It's a shame it doesn't ship with that cardboard that the guys at IST have. I'm really nervous about ordering from Amazon... I know they'll probably replace it if it's damaged along the way, but I'm still kinda tired of the anxiety of not knowing in which condition it will arrive and then having to ask for a refund or replacement.

Lately, Amazon's shipping has been more miss than hit for me. The Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 Omnibus was sent with not even a single air bag in the box. Obviously, it arrived in a terrible condition. Fear Agent Library Edition 2 was sent with just a single air bag. Also arrived seriously damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I heard or read somewhere that the limited, complete collection was a one time thing but they cleared out the legal issues after that (I think they saw how succesful the lmtd hc was) and announced all 4 phases, but only 1 and 2 was solicited (if I'm not mistaken 3 and 4 should come around spring).
    Yeah that makes sense that the other 2 would be coming this spring, if you have not read the series it is really good and you see a lot of ideas Morrison would use later in his career.

Yeah that makes sense that the other 2 would be coming this spring, if you have not read the series it is really good and you see a lot of ideas Morrison would use later in his career.
    Oh, I'm gonna buy it for sure! In the last year I became a huge Morrison fan so it's a must have for me.

I received my order from InStockTrades yesterday. First ever order through them and everything was packed as well as I'd heard. In the box was Hellboy Library Edition 1 & 2. Absolutely gorgeous books! I immediately saw the difference between a glued and sewn binding. I also bought a copy of BPRD: Plague of Frogs HC 2 through a private seller on Amazon. Jesus..it looks like someone sat on the box while in transport. The seller also only put a little bit of bubble wrap around the book, but it was still plenty loose in the box. Luckily for me it showed up without any damage. The top of the dust cover seems slightly beat up, but it's so minor it's hard to tell if it happened during transport of before hand. Still a great purchase.

Oh, I'm gonna buy it for sure! In the last year I became a huge Morrison fan so it's a must have for me.
    Nice if you are a fan of his work they got New X-Men, Animal Man, and soon Doom Patrol all in omnibus form. They also have Absolutes of Batman and Robin and this winter a Batman Inc one is coming out. Absolute All-Star Superman is a must buy the over sized art is great and it is one of the best Superman stories.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just pre-ordered the Zenith Phase 1 and 2 hardcovers. Really looking forward to them
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/161377...&pi=SY200_QL40

Dont see anyone talking about the complete Torpedo HC coming from IDW July 1st. Is Torpedo good? Are the current HC's oversized and good quality in general? Was gonna buy Vol. 1 when I came across the complete collection listing.

Nice if you are a fan of his work they got New X-Men, Animal Man, and soon Doom Patrol all in omnibus form. They also have Absolutes of Batman and Robin and this winter a Batman Inc one is coming out. Absolute All-Star Superman is a must buy the over sized art is great and it is one of the best Superman stories.
    Got them all +Action comics, Final Crisis, Filth, Seven soldiers, Invisibles omni.
    Except I'm not gonna buy Absolute INC, because I have all his Batman in deluxes including the INC deluxe so I will rather choose the cheapest option and just buy the 2 normal New52 INC hc-s. Screw DC, why can't just complete GM's Batman in deluxes?
    Can't wait for Doom Patrol. Just started reading his JLA yesterday and it's awesome!

Got them all +Action comics, Final Crisis, Filth, Seven soldiers, Invisibles omni.
    Except I'm not gonna buy Absolute INC, because I have all his Batman in deluxes including the INC deluxe so I will rather choose the cheapest option and just buy the 2 normal New52 INC hc-s. Screw DC, why can't just complete GM's Batman in deluxes?
    Can't wait for Doom Patrol. Just started reading his JLA yesterday and it's awesome!
    Yeah it would nice to get the RIP missing chapters along with the time and the batman stuff in deluxe edition they look so odd on my shelf next the nice deluxe sized books. Flex Mentallo has a nice deluxe edition also and is a great 4 issue story, Joe the Barbarian also has a hardcover. His Marvel Boy and Fantastic Four 1234 have standard hardcovers from marvel that are good reads. Sadly no Sea Guy has not gotten any hardcover love hopefully after the next 3 issue mini they collect them all in an over sized book.

Yeah it would nice to get the RIP missing chapters along with the time and the batman stuff in deluxe edition they look so odd on my shelf next the nice deluxe sized books. Flex Mentallo has a nice deluxe edition also and is a great 4 issue story, Joe the Barbarian also has a hardcover. His Marvel Boy and Fantastic Four 1234 have standard hardcovers from marvel that are good reads. Sadly no Sea Guy has not gotten any hardcover love hopefully after the next 3 issue mini they collect them all in an over sized book.
    I keep an eye on the Joe the Barbarian and Marvel boy prices, maybe I can find a good deal. Flex Mentallo and We3 is on my wishlist too (as basically anything GM wrote).
    It's a bit off topic, but I thought Time and the Batman is written by Niczieza and not so essential. And what are the RIP missing chapters? I've just reread the whole thing 1-2 month ago (Black glove, RIP, B&R, Return of BW, INC deluxes) and haven't felt like I was missing anything.

I keep an eye on the Joe the Barbarian and Marvel boy prices, maybe I can find a good deal. Flex Mentallo and We3 is on my wishlist too (as basically anything GM wrote).
    It's a bit off topic, but I thought Time and the Batman is written by Niczieza and not so essential. And what are the RIP missing chapters? I've just reread the whole thing 1-2 month ago (Black glove, RIP, B&R, Return of BW, INC deluxes) and haven't felt like I was missing anything.
    We3 and Flex Mentallo are some of his best works, Flex first shows up in Doom Patrol but you can read his book before Doom Patrol. Both of those books are with Quitely and are both incredible. Time and the Batman has 700 which is a Batman story that covers all the Batmans (Bruce, Dick, and Damian) it one story spread out so each Batman has a part in it. It also has Batman 701 and 702 the RIP missing chapters that covers what happened between RIP and Final Crisis.

Time and the Batman has 700 which is a Batman story that covers all the Batmans (Bruce, Dick, and Damian) it one story spread out so each Batman has a part in it. It also has Batman 701 and 702 the RIP missing chapters that covers what happened between RIP and Final Crisis.
    Now I really don't understand why aren't those 2 issues collected in the RIP deluxe instead of "the butler did it", and why aren't "the butler did it" collected in the FC trades and HC-s?
    More nonsense from DC...

Fantastic Member

So the Dark horse solicitations are up and the announced hardcovers are:

Action Philosophers! HC
    Fred Van Lente (W) and Ryan Dunlavey (A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 15
    b&w/FC, 352 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    • Features the entire award–winning Action Philosophers! plus a new eight-page story!

Arkwright Integral HC
    Bryan Talbot (W/A/Cover) and Babbage Engine (C)
    On sale Oct 8
    b&w, 560 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8" x 11"

The Art of Dragon Age: Inquisition HC
    BioWare (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 7
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9" x 12"

The Art of Naughty Dog HC
    Naughty Dog Studios (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 1
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9" x 12"

Battlepug Volume 3: Sit. Stay. Die! HC
    Mike Norton (W/A/Cover) and Allen Passalaqua (C)
    On sale Oct 29
    FC, 72 pages
    $14.99
    HC, 12" x 8 1/2"

Blacksad: Amarillo HC
    Juan Díaz Canales (W) and Juanjo Guarnido (A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 8
    FC, 72 pages
    $17.99
    HC, 8 3/8" x 10 7/8"

Concrete Park Volume 1: You Send Me HC
    Tony Puryear (W/A/Cover) and Erika Alexander (W)
    On sale Oct 1
    FC, 64 pages
    $12.99
    HC, 7" x 10"

Creepy Archives Volume 20 HC
    Various (W/A)
    On sale Oct 8
    b&w, 264 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8 3/8" x 10 7/8"

Crime Does Not Pay Archives Volume 8 HC
    Lev Gleason (W), Dick Wood (W), Jack Alderman (A), Dan Barry (A), Charles Biro (A/Cover), Richard “Dick” Briefer (A), Joe Certa (A), Fred Guardineer (A), Walter Johnson (A), Bob Moore (A), Ed Moore (A), Rudy Palais (A), Paul Parker (A), Lee Teaford (A), and George Tuska (A)
    On sale Oct 8
    FC, 240 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 7" x 10"

The EC Archives: Tales from the Crypt Volume 5 HC
    Bill Gaines (W), Al Feldstein (W), Jerry De Fuccio (W), Jack Davis (A/Cover), Joe Orlando (A), Jack Kamen (A), Graham Ingels (A), George Evans (A), Reed Crandall (A), Bill Elder (A), Bernie Krigstein (A), Marie Severin (C), and Carlos Badilla (C)
    On sale Oct 29
    FC, 216 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8 3/16" x 11"

Edgar Allan Poe’s Spirits of the Dead HC
    Richard Corben (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 1
    FC, 216 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7" x 10"

ElfQuest: The Original Quest Gallery Edition HC
    Wendy Pini (W/A/Cover) and Richard Pini (W)
    On sale Oct 8
    b&w, 176 pages
    $125.00
    HC, 12 1/8" x 17"

The Eltingville Club HC
    Evan Dorkin (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 1
    FC, 144 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7 3/4" x 11"

Loverboys HC
    Gilbert Hernandez (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 1
    b&w, 88 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 6" x 9"

Predator versus Judge Dredd versus Aliens HC
    John Wagner (W), Andy Diggle (W), Alcatena (A), Henry Flint (A/Cover), Brian Bolland (A), Greg Staples (A), and Frazer Irving (A)
    On sale Oct 8
    FC, 184 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 6 5/8" x 10 1/8"

Station 16 HC
    Yves H. (W) and Hermann (A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 15
    FC, 56 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 8" x 11"

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 Ltd. HC
    Stan Sakai (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Oct 22
    b&w/FC, 632 pages
    $79.99
    Ltd. HC, 7” x 10”

Vachss: Underground HC
    Andrew Vachss (W), Chet Williamson (W), Mike Richardson (W), Dominic Reardon (A), Jeremy Colwell (C), and Sean Phillips (Cover)
    On sale Oct 29
    FC, 160 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 7" x 10"