Page 371 of 865 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 12974

Just wanted to chime in. I finished Red Hand today by Busiek. First, it's an awesome physical product - larger than average OHCs, comes with a ribbon and a slipcase. Very stylish!

The story on my first reading? Definitely above average - hey, it's Busiek, so you know you're probably not getting crap. I don't think it was as good as his Conan (and I think there will be natural comparisons), but it certainly had a really cool ending. Read it carefully. Lots of clues, so I think this one is definitely going to get better the more I times I read it. Definitely a keeper!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Humanoids books. Redhand, Metabarons, Unfabulous five...
    I've opened them the first time, out of shrinkwrap.
    i meant to check the only two Humanoids books i have, Technopriests and Metabarons, after i read your post, Balakin, but got down to it only now. Technopriests was fine but the ribbon in Metabarons (still in shrinkwrap) looked like this:

2015702163732.jpg 2015702163757.jpg 2015702164014.jpg

is this what you were talking about? the folded end of the ribbon is covered with some glue-like residue and stuck to these two pages, leaving stains after i unstuck it. naturally, i had to cut off the sticky end. doesn't look like a ribbon gone bad though, more like glue got on it somehow. still, ugly stains. oh well. at least they're on the margins and not on the panels proper.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i meant to check the only two Humanoids books i have, Technopriests and Metabarons, after i read your post, Balakin, but got down to it only now. Technopriests was fine but the ribbon in Metabarons (still in shrinkwrap) looked like this:

2015702163732.jpg 2015702163757.jpg 2015702164014.jpg

is this what you were talking about? the folded end of the ribbon is covered with some glue-like residue and stuck to these two pages, leaving stains after i unstuck it. naturally, i had to cut off the sticky end. doesn't look like a ribbon gone bad though, more like glue got on it somehow. still, ugly stains. oh well. at least they're on the margins and not on the panels proper.
    never had any glue on them but always leaves a mark and stains the page. Got even more books from Humanoids and noticed it in almost all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Just wanted to chime in. I finished Red Hand today by Busiek. First, it's an awesome physical product - larger than average OHCs, comes with a ribbon and a slipcase. Very stylish!

The story on my first reading? Definitely above average - hey, it's Busiek, so you know you're probably not getting crap. I don't think it was as good as his Conan (and I think there will be natural comparisons), but it certainly had a really cool ending. Read it carefully. Lots of clues, so I think this one is definitely going to get better the more I times I read it. Definitely a keeper!
    cool, glad you liked it (would have felt a wee bit responsible if you hated it it).

Sometimes it pays off to delve into the depths of one's to-read-pile instead of going for the latest purchases. Just finished Tatsumi's "A Drifting Life" which had been staring at me for over a year now. What a great read. Needless to say I immediately ordered another Tatsumi book to make up for the gap in the pile

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Sometimes it pays off to delve into the depths of one's to-read-pile instead of going for the latest purchases. Just finished Tatsumi's "A Drifting Life" which had been staring at me for over a year now. What a great read. Needless to say I immediately ordered another Tatsumi book to make up for the gap in the pile
    Tatsumi's pretty cool. The Good-Bye collection might be my favorite one. Which one did you order?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I just noticed that X-O got ushed back until January and came on here to see if anyone knew what was going on? Why on Earth is vol 2 being pushed back so far? Especially considering every other deluxe that came out after vol1 of X-O is getting a vol 2 sooner and Armor Hunters came out months ago.
    Harbinger, too. Wouldn't mind knowing what the situation is. That's a huge delay for something that isn't original content. Makes Armor Hunters coming out too early even more frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Tatsumi's pretty cool. The Good-Bye collection might be my favorite one. Which one did you order?
    LOL. Exactly that one. Seems to have been the right choice then. Also ordered Book of Human Insects, which is one of the last "adult" Tezuka book I am missing.

cool, glad you liked it (would have felt a wee bit responsible if you hated it it).
    Naw, it was a good recommendation. I wouldn't have faulted you if it wasn't. I like a lot of what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Harbinger, too. Wouldn't mind knowing what the situation is. That's a huge delay for something that isn't original content. Makes Armor Hunters coming out too early even more frustrating.
    Yep. Sad thing is I'll be in Kuwait when they all come out, so it'll be like a year before I get to read any more Valiant unless I crack open my Shadowman Deluxe before I leave.

Unless they use the same people IDW do, and we'll up where they delay everything to hell and then all of a sudden release them (without any form of announcement) whenever they get whatever is going on sorted out.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Oh god, stop. My bank account...
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Oh god, stop. My bank account...
    I thought you already have it

I thought you already have it
    Nope, that was one of the rare Humanoids books I didn't just get. It's been in and out of my cart several times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Nope, that was one of the rare Humanoids books I didn't just get. It's been in and out of my cart several times though.
    well, I assume you know what to do next then
    And thinking logically, it's an oversized slipcase hc from Busiek. If you don't like it you can probably sell it for profit a bit later (not that I'm planning to do it, I liked it a quite a bit).

I liked it a quite a bit).
    Damn you, all.

lol....