Page 38 of 865 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Now I really don't understand why aren't those 2 issues collected in the RIP deluxe instead of "the butler did it", and why aren't "the butler did it" collected in the FC trades and HC-s?
    More nonsense from DC...
    These came out well after Final Crisis hardcover and Batman RIP both of those came out in 2009, 701 & 702 came out in 2010. Absolute Final Crisis does have the butler did it stories included along with new pages and a couple reworked pages for the Final Crisis mini-series it also has 3D glasses and reprints Superman Beyond in 3D and that is great. The We3 deluxe also got additional pages added to it when they released it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    These came out well after Final Crisis hardcover and Batman RIP both of those came out in 2009, 701 & 702 came out in 2010. Absolute Final Crisis does have the butler did it stories included along with new pages and a couple reworked pages for the Final Crisis mini-series it also has 3D glasses and reprints Superman Beyond in 3D and that is great. The We3 deluxe also got additional pages added to it when they released it also.
    Ah, okay, didn't know that, thanks. I knew about the absolute FC collects the "butler" issues but I don't think I'm gonna update to the absolute, the LoEG Black dossier 3D part was painful enough

The hardcover complete was a limited one time printing of 1000 copies and was very expensive so I would be surprised to see the complete collection again any time soon. As for the Phase I and II hardcovers they are both new Phase I is set to come out in October and Phase II is December they are both up on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk for pre-order. Phase III and IV have not been announced yet but I do not see why they would stop after just Phase I and II. It seems whatever the legal issue was with the book is cleared up as the complete edition got released without any legal issues coming up.
    Thanks for the information.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/161377...&pi=SY200_QL40

Dont see anyone talking about the complete Torpedo HC coming from IDW July 1st. Is Torpedo good? Are the current HC's oversized and good quality in general? Was gonna buy Vol. 1 when I came across the complete collection listing.
    I've got the first three Torpedo HCs, and it's pretty good stuff overall. The main appeal is Jordi Bernet's art (Alex Toth drew the first short story or two before leaving the character). If you're familiar with Bernet's stuff, that'll give you a good idea if you want the deluxe edition, or if the softcovers are sufficient. But just having Bernet's art available in English is enough of a reason for me to want to track down whatever's available for Torpedo.

The dimensions of the HCs are slightly oversized - they're European albums originally, so the dimensions of the art is different than that of American comics. It's a little taller, but definitely wider. And the reproduction is nice - inky dark blacks. I don't remember any tones, it's just straight black and white.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

We3 and Flex Mentallo are some of his best works, Flex first shows up in Doom Patrol but you can read his book before Doom Patrol. Both of those books are with Quitely and are both incredible. Time and the Batman has 700 which is a Batman story that covers all the Batmans (Bruce, Dick, and Damian) it one story spread out so each Batman has a part in it. It also has Batman 701 and 702 the RIP missing chapters that covers what happened between RIP and Final Crisis.
    Thanks for that! I've actually had Flex but was waiting until I read Doom Patrol before getting into it. Now I'll be reading this next.

has anyone got the In The Dark Horror Anthology from IDW? wondering if this is oversized or not...

Got the new ABC Warriors hardcover today very nice book glad to see the second volume will not be far behind. Hard to beat Pat Mills writing and art from Carlos Ezquerra, Dave Gibbons, Mike McMahon, and Kevin O'Neill.

image (14).jpg

image (15).jpg

latest batch...

I couldn't find any real pictures of that Zenith Complete thing to put it into perspective, should we expect Zenith Phase books to be of similar size?

Btw, i found some of those big incal books priced around £25 sold by Speedyhen, that is a good price right?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    I couldn't find any real pictures of that Zenith Complete thing to put it into perspective, should we expect Zenith Phase books to be of similar size?

Btw, i found some of those big incal books priced around £25 sold by Speedyhen, that is a good price right?
    2000 AD trades and hardcovers are all the size as the magazine some bigger like the Slaine the king, when I get home I will post some pictures of the complete edition next to the some normal hardcovers. It should be about the same size as the ABC Warriors hardcover, but I will add some larger ones of 2000 AD reprints to help get a feel for the size.

2000 AD trades and hardcovers are all the size as the magazine some bigger like the Slaine the king, when I get home I will post some pictures of the complete edition next to the some normal hardcovers. It should be about the same size as the ABC Warriors hardcover, but I will add some larger ones of 2000 AD reprints to help get a feel for the size.
    that would be great, tnx

Yes it is. That'how much I paid for most of them. SpeedyHen are pretty good too. Fast delivery and good packaging. Their customer service is also friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yes it is. That'how much I paid for most of them. SpeedyHen are pretty good too. Fast delivery and good packaging. Their customer service is also friendly.
    Thats good to know, i see that amazon.uk has improved price wise, and that's refreshing news since BD went to ****, at least for my ip.

Thats good to know, i see that amazon.uk has improved price wise, and that's refreshing news since BD went to ****, at least for my ip.
    I'm not really using amazon UK much anymore, since I now have to pay £4 for shipping there, that used to be free, so I now get books through amazon DE (still free shipping) mainly that mostly have better prices too... but it still depends.

I put in a preorder on amazon for the zenith hardcovers. I've always wanted to read them