Page 389 of 865 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Is that the black and white edition or the colour one?
    b&w. Thought I would save like 20-30 pounds this way since I'm not too bothered with colours (I only have the Claremont X-men run in essentials and I'm perfectly fine with those).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    So according to CGN, X-O Manowar Deluxe 2 comes out this week instead of whenever the hell next year it was pushed back to.
    I saw that on Diamond last Friday, glad for it to be only slightly delayed vs 6mo delayed.
    It'll be on my order today with IST as soon as they post this afternoon.

Now for Harbinger Dlx vol.2 to get bumped back up!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Oh yeah... Look what the postman brought today!! Slipcased Incal!!! And some other stuff I got last couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Oh yeah... Look what the postman brought today!! Slipcased Incal!!! And some other stuff I got last couple weeks.
    You beat me to the punch with that one, that was a steal at that price.

Is that version sewn or glued? I see conflicting reports about that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    b&w. Thought I would save like 20-30 pounds this way since I'm not too bothered with colours.
    Well, I was gonna say - although I sort of get the frustration, it's a really cheap book and comes in at over 1000 pages, only available now in paperback. You can't seriously be surprised to learn that the paper's very thin and quite transparent. Although I own no Marvel omnibus (I own DC's two Sandman omnibuses which use a pretty thick paper stock - but then, the books are oversized hardcovers and cost something like sixty quid), I do have a few thinner hardcovers and I presumed that, whenever I heard complaints about cheap paper stock being used, they were talking about such smaller books, where that really shouldn't be the case. But I mean, if it's true of the more expensive omnibuses as well, then damn right there too. But by comparison, it's hard to complain about the Bone all-in-one edition when it's so huge and so cheap. Hell, it's not even being realistic.

As far as picking the black and white version over the coloured one goes, you did make the better decision in my opinion. Although I'm not an owner of the coloured edition, from flicking through a friend's copy it just didn't look right to me the way it does in black and white and, in fact, some pages that I can think of would have a completely different effect than was originally intended.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I saw that on Diamond last Friday, glad for it to be only slightly delayed vs 6mo delayed.
    It'll be on my order today with IST as soon as they post this afternoon.

Now for Harbinger Dlx vol.2 to get bumped back up!
    I truly hope this is real because I've had mine preordered for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I truly hope this is real because I've had mine preordered for so long!
    It is I grabbed one off IST today. Hopefully the other volume twos will start popping up too.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

image.jpg

*EDIT* I posted to the wrong thread, so here's a random picture of some great oversized collected jawns! Cheers!
    Last edited by WinterSoldier76; 07-28-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    You beat me to the punch with that one, that was a steal at that price.

Is that version sewn or glued? I see conflicting reports about that.
    That's what I thought. And it's in pretty good condition, apart from some air bubbles that began to form in some places at the bottom of the slipcase. My Before The Incal has similar problems though.

The binding is glewn really. You can clearly see the individual signatures, but then those are glued to the spine of the book. It still lays flat though for an easy read.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 07-28-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Ah, that would explain the confusion about the binding
    I doubted that one would be suddenly glued after they had been producing sewn books for a while. Does it also contain the 8 page Metabaron story they did as a sort-of prequel ("In the Heart of the Impregnable Metabunker")?

I already have way too much copies of the Incal but I still would love to get my hands on that one; collector mentality is weird

b&w. Thought I would save like 20-30 pounds this way since I'm not too bothered with colours (I only have the Claremont X-men run in essentials and I'm perfectly fine with those).
    Ah okay, I have the coloured one and I think that has better paper ... well I hope it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Well, I was gonna say - although I sort of get the frustration, it's a really cheap book and comes in at over 1000 pages, only available now in paperback. You can't seriously be surprised to learn that the paper's very thin and quite transparent. Although I own no Marvel omnibus (I own DC's two Sandman omnibuses which use a pretty thick paper stock - but then, the books are oversized hardcovers and cost something like sixty quid), I do have a few thinner hardcovers and I presumed that, whenever I heard complaints about cheap paper stock being used, they were talking about such smaller books, where that really shouldn't be the case. But I mean, if it's true of the more expensive omnibuses as well, then damn right there too. But by comparison, it's hard to complain about the Bone all-in-one edition when it's so huge and so cheap. Hell, it's not even being realistic.

As far as picking the black and white version over the coloured one goes, you did make the better decision in my opinion. Although I'm not an owner of the coloured edition, from flicking through a friend's copy it just didn't look right to me the way it does in black and white and, in fact, some pages that I can think of would have a completely different effect than was originally intended.
    Still paid 30 pounds for it (library binding) but my main problem is that the transparency seems distracting. And I'm not too fussy about this usually but this seems really bad. Mind you haven't started to read it yet so maybe I'm gonna get used to it (hopefully).

Spectacular Member

Still paid 30 pounds for it (library binding) but my main problem is that the transparency seems distracting. And I'm not too fussy about this usually but this seems really bad. Mind you haven't started to read it yet so maybe I'm gonna get used to it (hopefully).
    In my experience your eyes do get used to it like anything else (problems in video games for example) the more you read, but I suppose that depends if you're the kind of reader who spends ages pouring over every panel of art or not, regardless of the artist. At any rate, it'll be less bad if you're not sitting in a position where a bright light in a room or direct daylight is sitting on the pages too, remember. For the record, although I have some books that have used particularly thin paper, I've found any such instance of art bleeding through pages far less distracting than, say, poor printing or similar issues. The former only really bugs me if the book was a bit more expensive or slim but if it's cheap and / or collects a ton of material, like these Bone editions, I can't really complain myself.

Anyone familiar with Image's Premiere edition? I'm looking at Black Science Premiere Hardcover: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Science-.../dp/1632154935

The only related info I can find is from Remender's website (http://rickremender.com/?p=1924 and http://rickremender.com/?p=1902), which says omnibus.

So I'm thinking could it be similar to DC and Marvel Omnibuses? Or is it like DC's Absolutes or Dark Horse's Library Ed or Image's Deluxe (Spawn)? How does Image's Premiere edition format different than say Image's Saga Book One OHC or The Manhattan Projects Volume 1 HC format?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    Anyone familiar with Image's Premiere edition? I'm looking at Black Science Premiere Hardcover: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Science-.../dp/1632154935

The only related info I can find is from Remender's website (http://rickremender.com/?p=1924 and http://rickremender.com/?p=1902), which says omnibus.

So I'm thinking could it be similar to DC and Marvel Omnibuses? Or is it like DC's Absolutes or Dark Horse's Library Ed or Image's Deluxe (Spawn)? How does Image's Premiere edition format different than say Image's Saga Book One OHC or The Manhattan Projects Volume 1 HC format?
    It's LE/Absolute sized and contains #1-16. The word premiere says nothing though, as the Souther Bastards premiere hardcover is 8 issues long and normal sized.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47