Page 4 of 865 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I've been wanting to get into Judge Dredd lately. There are a ton of stories collected from what I've seen. I also have heard that each story is pretty self contained / the stories aren't slaves to continuity. So my question is what are the best Dredd stories or collections in your opinion?
    The first few case files are kinda goofy, think silver age type storylines, but once you get to vol 3-4 it gets more modern. Otherwise there are a few stand alone trades of major storylines. Better off going case files though imo because even though theyre stand alone stories, there are references here and there to things in the world in general and its nice to know what theyre talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Those Fear Agent LE's look amazing. I recently found instocktrades, which I hope to order from this weekend. Cheapgraphicnovels looks really good as well except for the lack of a free shipping option, but as of now they have Powers Definitive 1 and BPRD Omnibus 2 in stock while IST doesn't so they're a good second option.
    Do yourself a favor and pull the trigger on the Fear agent books If you like sci-fi with a lot of pulp influence, don't hesitate.
    Also, HB and BPRD are awesome, but I'm not sure the BPRD hardcovers are omnibuses, I've never seen them called that by the publisher. Nevertheless, great stuff.

Fantastic Member

Absolutely Fear Agent is a great, fun action extravaganza of a comic with utterly gobsmacking artwork. The HCs are beautiful books to behold too.

Hellboy is without a doubt the best comic I've ever read. It's got everything I could possibly want in a comic - a monster with a heart of gold for a protaganist, floating nazi brains-in-a-jar, Lovecraftian tentacle creatures, folk tales and mythology, Mignola's incomparable artwork, other artists awesome artwork, and a perfectly-balanced sense of humour. Just awesome stuff...

The BPRD books are slightly oversize hardcovers and they too are really wonderful comics...

well, if other people are posting theirs...

this is my most updated, and it let me use my new phone for pics. funding for new shelves has been put on hiatus for a nursery. i can do panaramas now, so let's start with that:

Last edited by James; 05-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    formerly 'weeks'

formerly 'weeks'

formerly 'weeks'

formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Been looking into series I might get into with FCBD coming up. Haven't heard of Blacksad, but I'll be sure to check it out now. Thanks.

I'm hoping to possibly pick up one or two of the Hellboy Library Editions along with one or two of the BPRD Ominbus'. I'm also interested in getting a few of the Powers Definitive Hardcover volumes. Not sure what else atm. Any advice for a guy new to comics in general? I've done all my purchases from Amazon and I've avoided receiving any damaged books, but I found some sites recently that look much more appealing.
    I've got Blacksad on order, I thought it was oversized and supposed to be brilliant so looking forward to it arriving.

Powers is one of my favourite series, the Definitive editions is the best way to collect it ATM. There is a 6th edition coming soon as well. They are glued but still can be read fine.

If you are in the States you should check out IST it's much cheaper and better packaging than amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I've been wanting to get into Judge Dredd lately. There are a ton of stories collected from what I've seen. I also have heard that each story is pretty self contained / the stories aren't slaves to continuity. So my question is what are the best Dredd stories or collections in your opinion?
    There is a Brian Bolland oversized HC collecting Dredd stories containing his art, I used to have it and it was pretty good.

Also great collection pics, weeks that is a boatload of comics.

BANNED

Woah James! Where can i get that oversized Dracula with Beckly Cloonan illusturations?!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I could look it up, but if you don't mind my asking, what is contained in that Colossal Conan mega-collection in the middle of that middle picture? Looks sweet.

Fantastic Member

I'd kinda like to see the first 13 or so volumes of the Thomas/Buscema et al Chronicles of Conan get that colossal treatment...

Thanks Martin for starting the general one up. Like I said in the DC thread, I felt I didn't have cred to start it, but I'm glad one of the regulars did

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I'd kinda like to see the first 13 or so volumes of the Thomas/Buscema et al Chronicles of Conan get that colossal treatment...
    "Kinda like"? I, would absolutely kill to see that.

Thanks for bringing this thread back, Martin. Even if it's still in the wrong section.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    K well, getting things back on track here I guess. Let's do this again then!

Recently got all my books lumped together on one shelving unit so here's my little collection of funny book books...

Gonna need to find a bigger shelving unit pretty soon...
    In your opinion what are the pros and cons of having either the color reprints of EC comics that are focused on the various titles, as opposed to the black and white reprints which are focused on the artists? Im curious because I got Came the Dawn and it looks great. I enjoy the essays they include about the artists and the history/behind the scenes stuff. What am I missing with the color reprints?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Woah James! Where can i get that oversized Dracula with Beckly Cloonan illusturations?!
    it's pretty good, i've read dracula in one form or another many times. after the first few chapters, i went on to something new. i've been meaning to get back to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dracula-Bram-S...+becky+cloonan
    formerly 'weeks'