Page 40 of 865 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    What's the absolute best format to collect Tintin in? I used to have the paperbacks and can't stand those mini 3-arc hardcovers you can get in the US. Those were some of the best stories I had the pleasure of reading as a kid and would really like a presentation worthy of content. No problem if I have to import them from outside given a reasonable shipping price (UK).
    I buy the individual hardcovers, from my perspective there's no other choice. With books like Tintin & Asterix each panel is already very small so it's crucial to the enjoyment of the book to get the artwork in it's original size, I just can't imagine how tiny everything would be in the digest editions. Things like Dark Horse StarWars I can comfortably read in digest but not Tintin, no way!.

Even worse is the gorgeous complete adventures of Tintin box set is also in a digest format, I'd have bought that in a heartbeat but no they had to go and ruin in didn't they.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I buy the individual hardcovers, from my perspective there's no other choice. With books like Tintin & Asterix each panel is already very small so it's crucial to the enjoyment of the book to get the artwork in it's original size, I just can't imagine how tiny everything would be in the digest editions. Things like Dark Horse StarWars I can comfortably read in digest but not Tintin, no way!.

Even worse is the gorgeous complete adventures of Tintin box set is also in a digest format, I'd have bought that in a heartbeat but no they had to go and ruin in didn't they.
    Can you maybe provide a link or photo to the versions you're talking about? (The ones in the proper size.) I've always thought about collecting them but never knew which versions to get. I've seen te adventures of tintin slip case boxed set. Are those the crappy digest size you're talking about?

Buy the Egmont Tintin hardcovers.They are available in amazon uk or some amazon us sellers.I think these are the best way to collect them

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Can you maybe provide a link or photo to the versions you're talking about? (The ones in the proper size.) I've always thought about collecting them but never knew which versions to get. I've seen te adventures of tintin slip case boxed set. Are those the crappy digest size you're talking about?
    Starbrand is right, the full size ones are by Egmont. It costs a lot more buying them separate but worth it. I think there's four releases here in the UK.

- Egmont individual hardcovers £10.99rrp
    - Egmont individual paperbacks £7.99rrp
    - The Adventures of Tintin Volumes 1-8 £14.99rrp (compact sized)
    - Complete Adventures of Tintin boxset of the above volumes (compact sized)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tintin-Picar...=Tintin+Egmont

I've only got a few of them but as they never go out of print I just buy one every few months.

Incredible Member

Cool. Thanks, Cloysterpete. They're gonna have to go on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    I resisted becoming a true Moebius collector successfully in the past, but i would enjoy your collection immensely no doubt.
    There is new box-set coming out this month from our local publisher named 'eden years', it's tempting although i have some of the books there
    http://www.fibra.hr/index.asp?cat=6&...33&TitleID=286
    That's a very cool boxed set. Looks like it contains The complete Edena saga, Eyes of the Cat and Angel Claw(?). Angel Claw is a minor work but the other two are Moebius at the top of his game.

Those Fibra collections are really well designed. It's a good thing I can't read Serbian otherwise I'd double dip (again ).

Incredible Member

Manhatten Projects OHC! Excellent, i've read the first few issue digitally and thought it was a fantastic series. Can't wait for this to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    That's a very cool boxed set. Looks like it contains The complete Edena saga, Eyes of the Cat and Angel Claw(?). Angel Claw is a minor work but the other two are Moebius at the top of his game.

Those Fibra collections are really well designed. It's a good thing I can't read Serbian otherwise I'd double dip (again ).
    Yeah those 3, it's $72 for all but can be bought separately, so think i'll just buy eden one, dunno.
    The fibra owner is very dedicated production wise, with so small of a market i doubt he makes a profit (btw croatian, but basically the same thing.)
    There are a lot of excellent european books released every year, i bought last moebius box-set, metal years, pictures got lost somewhere in old forums.
    Here > http://s243.photobucket.com/user/ubik66/library/moebius

Few days ago i ended up on moebius.fr, hate it cause i'm always a few clicks away of spending overbudget (Arzack planche 29 is soo tempting)

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Manhatten Projects OHC! Excellent, i've read the first few issue digitally and thought it was a fantastic series. Can't wait for this to come out.
    Nice find. I've been holding off hoping for one. I'd really love to get an East of West OHC.

Thanks cloysterpete and starbrand!! I was talking about those digest hardcovers when I said I hated them. Its a crime to have Herge art that miniaturized. I'm looking at the egmont ones but they seem pretty similar in dimension to the tpbs. Maybe i can just bind them. Individual books don't have a lot of pages.

I can also see there's the 16 inch facsimile editions. Now that's oversized art I can get behind! But only a few books seem to have received that treatment and many are unavailable.

I've never had the experience of finding a rare book at a an LCS until yesterday. My wife and I were early for a movie so we went to a nearby comic shop that and on a whim looked for and found this little number.

WP_20140518_003.jpg

Have been looking for a while and online prices are nuts for this book.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Does anybody have Wasteland Apocalytoc edition vol 1? I thinking of buying it but I'm wondering how it is (if it's the same as the Sixth gun deluxe I'm definitely buying it)? And how's the story? Does it resemble other post-apocalyptic comics like East of west?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Does anybody have Wasteland Apocalytoc edition vol 1? I thinking of buying it but I'm wondering how it is (if it's the same as the Sixth gun deluxe I'm definitely buying it)? And how's the story? Does it resemble other post-apocalyptic comics like East of west?
    A friend of mine has the first 3 volumes and will be picking up the 4th (and inevitable final 5th one), it's the size of a normal OHC. No dustjacket. Black and White art (which ticks me off because the story sounds good from whatever I've read online), can't say much about the story other then my buddy enjoys it, and it sounds good from what I've seen online!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post

I've been wanting to start reading some Judge Dredd books and noticed IDW released some artist specific ohc's by Brian Bolland, Carlos Ezquerra and Cam Kennedy. Since I don't know much about Dredd, would this be a good place to start reading some classic works in over sized format?